Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Mr Kubot, Paire, Mannarino, Brown, Almagro, Janowicz, Melzer & Stakhovsky one of you have the opportunity to go down in history.

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable day for tennis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Murray has to take advantage of this, surely... Only Djokovic (potentially) stands in his way.

ReputationRep:
    One of Kubot, Paire,Mannarino, Brown,Almagro,Janowicz,Melzer or Stakhovsky will be a semi finalist. Who would've thought it?

ReputationRep:
    So happy that both Nadal and Federer are out... This has to be the year for a British winner!

ReputationRep:
    Predictions on who will make the semi from the above list of 8 anyone? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Screw this tournament. With Fedal out, this is gonna be the most boring tournaments of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    No Federer Just got outplayed by Stakhovsky who was really red hot. But this has given all Roger haters a chance to shine as well.

And what a weird Wimbledon. 10 Retirements (7 today) and quite a few upsets already.
    On the first day of wimbledon I was like "NO Rafael!" What goes around comes around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Tiebreaker. This happens at 6-6 in games, except for the last set.
    (Original post by aja89)
    If a set gets to 6-6 they play a tie-break which is first to seven points (or two clear after that).
    Thanks it makes sense now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-black-lotus)
    So happy that both Nadal and Federer are out... This has to be the year for a British winner!
    I'm not exactly 'happy' that Roger's out - he is such a great player to watch and he's always been a really nice person and a gentleman on court. It's quite a sad day actually, if this is the end of his being big at Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking a risk and saying Paire, but we'll have to see. Far too difficult to call!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    The beginning of the end for Fed?
    A few years late.

ReputationRep:
    wow wtf did i just watch :lolwut: im just speechless lol :eek:

and all those injuries crazy day :lolwut:

murray better win this :p: :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    So the question now is - can anything stop Andy from winning? Does he even need to play the final, we could probably just award it to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    I'm gonna have a heart attack.
    Stay calm its not the end of the year even though Federer is world no.5 he will do good in US OPEN.

ReputationRep:
    Lol 7-8 injuries, nadal out, federrer out, tsogna out, hewitt out, sharapova out, azarenka out

tf with this year.

ReputationRep:
    I can't fathom how both Nadal and Federer got knocked out at such an early stage. Such a crazy few days. Murray's best chance now, would be such a shame if he doesn't win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Gotta say. What. A. Performance. Stakhovsky's volleying was God like today.
    He's gota be the best SV player out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    So the question now is - can anything stop Andy from winning? Does he even need to play the final, we could probably just award it to him.
    Are you forgetting Novak Djocovich, who in my eyes is the best player in the world by a mile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I'm not exactly 'happy' that Roger's out - he is such a great player to watch and he's always been a really nice person and a gentleman on court. It's quite a sad day actually, if this is the end of his being big at Wimbledon.
    Yeah, it a shame to see one of the best records in tennis ended.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.