Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just Lol at all the Murray fans getting so excited. If two of the greatest of all times can get upset then surely a player like Murray who will never come close to matching Roger and Rafa's success can also suffer the same faith. You guys shouldn't get too ahead of yourself.

And don't underestimate Nole. He is the #1 and a former Wimbledon Champion, something Murray is still yet to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Having seen a few today you'd say Brown and Stakhovsky but there is the worry that they can't beat what happened today and just fizzle out. For that reason Im going to have a outside punt at a Paire-Melzer quarter with Paire winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    Are you forgetting Novak Djocovich, who in my eyes is the best player in the world by a mile?
    No, I was joking really - he still has some Challenges with a capital C. Still, it has to look good for him at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    A few years late.
    Not true. Won wimbeldon last year by beating djoker and murray. Was in many semi's , beat djoco , almost beat him again ws 2 sets up and a match point and blew it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    So the question now is - can anything stop Andy from winning? Does he even need to play the final, we could probably just award it to him.
    Don't get ahead of yourself.now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    The end of Fedal at Wimbledon 2013.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fedal will never end. They will have 33+ Slams:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    No, I was joking really - he still has some Challenges with a capital C. Still, it has to look good for him at the moment.
    Lol, the way wimbeldon has gone so far, we never know.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to issue ear plugs to the audience when De Brito is playing? Surely it impinges Health and Safety standards for accepted noise levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Stay calm its not the end of the year even though Federer is world no.5 he will do good in US OPEN.
    I just hope both he and Rafa enter some small tournaments before the US Open series. I can't wait that long to see them play again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fedal will never end. They will have 33+ Slams:mad:
    Lol, I did say "at Wimbledon 2013". I don't know what the future holds for them - I would really like to see them win some more Slams before I can finally accept that they're over (and I want Rafa to win the AO 1 more time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Screw this tournament. With Fedal out, this is gonna be the most boring tournaments of the year.
    I cant help but agree with you there, with Fedal out the tournament is going to lose tons of viewers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I cant help but agree with you there, with Fedal out the tournament is going to lose tons of viewers.
    Yes how mean of the other players to not bow over to Federer and Nadal to save the viewing figures.

ReputationRep:
    Weirdest day of grand slam tennis ever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I kind of agree as well - I will probably only watch the final now, and that too only if Murray is playing. I don't know why, but I'm struggling to accept what I've seen here so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Lol, I did say "at Wimbledon 2013". I don't know what the future holds for them - I would really like to see them win some more Slams before I can finally accept that they're over (and I want Rafa to win the AO 1 more time)
    Roger is never winning another slam. As his fan, I have to accept that, but Rafa can still win another FO or two. But seeing pushers like Nole and Andy contest another GS final isn't something I'm looking forward to. They are gonna make grass look as slow as bloody clay.

ReputationRep:
    Andy Murray's route towards a 2013 Wimbledon title is not going to take the expected route. At the start of the day we were expecting a Jo-Wilfried Tsonga quarter-final and Roger Federer semi-final.

Now, if the seeds work out, he will face Tommy Robredo, Mikhail Youzny, Juan Monaco, Nicolas Almagro and then Novak Djokovic in the final.
    Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I don't think that's true at all. There will still be exciting matches. It's not often you see the favourites being knocked out so early so surely it could have the opposite effect with viewers tuning in to see lesser known players competing against each other :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what would happen if both Murray and Djokovic went out next.

I'm sure the world would implode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Roger is never winning another slam. As his fan, I have to accept that, but Rafa can still win another FO or two. But seeing pushers like Nole and Andy contest another GS final isn't something I'm looking forward to. They are gonna make grass look as slow as bloody clay.
    I do like both Nole and Andy a lot - can't help feeling that all these events are signs that it's finally Andy's time. This is his best chance, he won't even meet a Top 8 player until the final (and even then it's not guaranteed). I hope he runs through the draw and his haters can finally be quiet too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    Not true. Won wimbeldon last year by beating djoker and murray. Was in many semi's , beat djoco , almost beat him again ws 2 sets up and a match point and blew it.
    Just because you win a slam or two doesn't mean you are not clearly past your prime.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.