Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    It was clear that Rafa was injured during his match with Darcis. He was clearly limping. Not too sure about the Rosol match though. He was moving fine, although he did have injection marks on his knee.
    Nadal did in Miami 2012 have knee problems therefore he withdrew from the semi final against murray before the match even started signifying the knee problem was really serious, and starting to show up again. Then on grass the bounce is low and due to increase knee problems or should i say injuries every time Nadal has to hit a low bouncing ball it puts immense stress on his knees.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention the fact that he defeated a tired Federer who had a 4.5 hour marathon the previous round.
    Totally agree there longest best of 3 sets match ever and then to face Young home crowd favorite at his peak.

Best of 3 set match lasting over 4 hours on clay is imaginable and Hard but on grass where points finish so quickly quite unreal if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    It was clear that Rafa was injured during his match with Darcis. He was clearly limping. Not too sure about the Rosol match though. He was moving fine, although he did have injection marks on his knee.
    Fair for this year. Against Rosol he seemed fine to me.

(Original post by ubi1)
    But still you can't say Murray is better than Nadal on Grass. What were the reasons Nadal lost last year and this year. Nadal's knees are getting worser than previous years therefore making him decline. Murray hasn't done nothing outstanding on Grass apart from Win Olympics in his home country he was lucky to face Federer when Federer is in his decline but still even OLD Federer beat Murray on Grass at wimbledon in Murrays backyard thats itself speaks volumes.
    One of them is in round 4, the other is not. I think I can say he certainly is right now. Whether there's the potential for Rafa to ever get back to a stage where he's better than Murray on grass isn't something I'd speculate on.

ReputationRep:
    Verdasco looking pretty good. Especially his movement from back to front.

ReputationRep:
    Not a good start by Robbo

ReputationRep:
    WOW. Anderson is playing like a dream now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Not a good start by Robbo
    Most of the time I see Laura play, she seems to start slowly. Have I just been seeing odd matches, or has anyone else picked up on this?
    Certainly not looking ideal right now though..

ReputationRep:
    12 Winners to 1 Unforced in that set. Simply stunning from Anderson. He's also got a 1st serve % of 80, and is winning over 80% of 1st and 2nd serve points!

ReputationRep:
    Robson loses her first set 6-1....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Most of the time I see Laura play, she seems to start slowly. Have I just been seeing odd matches, or has anyone else picked up on this?
    Certainly not looking ideal right now though..
    Sometimes she does, her 2nd round match for example but her 1st round was amazing. She was quick out the blocks and hitting winners and aces from the beginning

ReputationRep:
    Tomic easily have to be the most talented player after Federer in the game today. If he gets his act and get rid of his annoying father, he has a big future in the game.

ReputationRep:
    No way! Is that the shot that keeps Berdych in the match?

ReputationRep:
    When is Djokovic playing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    When is Djokovic playing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he's third on centre

ReputationRep:
    Robson looking like going out
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Mr chocke has returned to Tomic. He had multiple set points against Simon last week and lost, he had 3 against Gasquet and lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I think he's third on centre
    Oh ages yet then..and with regards to your next post, I think Robson might even slip through this round she's sorting herself out now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on Gasquet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Oh ages yet then..and with regards to your next post, I think Robson might even slip through this round she's sorting herself out now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you might be right, she's looking better already

ReputationRep:
    Tomic was unlucky not to win that 2nd set. I wouldn't say he choked it away either, he had a couple of unquestionable shots but overall Gasquet just upped his level to stop him from winning

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.