Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Tomic easily have to be the most talented player after Federer in the game today. If he gets his act and get rid of his annoying father, he has a big future in the game.
    Yeah, he certainly has flashes. Needs to be more clinical though and sort his head out (which could be down to his father).

(Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Come on Gasquet!
    Your not a fan of Tomic?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Tomic was unlucky not to win that 2nd set. I wouldn't say he choked it away either, he had a couple of unquestionable shots but overall Gasquet just upped his level to stop him from winning
    Yeah. He's good but he's not clinical enough and his shot selection can be questionable. There were a few points against Gasquet last set when he should have used his forehand but sliced or attempted to drop.

Saying that this clay season he went to a third against the Queens semi-finalist, had set points against Simon at Eastbourne in the QF and has done well today.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Tomas!

ReputationRep:
    Erakovic's serve just then :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Robson has been embarrassing in my opinion. I know she's nervous but the number of unforced errors compared to her opponent is awful.

About to break back though as her opponent is obviously nervous as hell on her serve.

ReputationRep:
    Felt a bit bad for Erakovic when the crowd went mental for that double fault there. But c'mon Laura!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Your not a fan of Tomic?
    No I like Tomic and the way he plays it's just Gasquet is my favourite player and I had the fortune of having a hit with him at Wimbledon and he's a top guy!

ReputationRep:
    Berdych now in control as Anderson's woes against Top 10 players is likely to continue for some time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Robson has been embarrassing in my opinion. I know she's nervous but the number of unforced errors compared to her opponent is awful.

About to break back though as her opponent is obviously nervous as hell on her serve.
    1 more unforced error in that set...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    No I like Tomic and the way he plays it's just Gasquet is my favourite player and I had the fortune of having a hit with him at Wimbledon and he's a top guy!
    Cool. Sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    Robson does have a long, long way to go before she can challenge for a major

Good thing is, she is still very young

ReputationRep:
    Tomic has two set points....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    1 more unforced error in that set...
    Some unforced errors are worse than others...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Some unforced errors are worse than others...
    "the number of unforced errors compared to her opponent is awful"...

ReputationRep:
    However, she still finds herself 4-0 up in the final set

She's got lucky her opponent has blown it

ReputationRep:
    8 games in a row is pretty handy. Feels like this match is over. I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accountant-future)

How is that luck

ReputationRep:
    Robson just cleaning up now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accountant-future)

Credit to Robson for coming back but yh Erakovic has pretty much choked (shes made tons of double faults), Robson has to step it up in the next round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    How is that luck
    It's sort of luck in the sense that Erakovic is not playing as well as she did in the 1st set. I think that's what OP means anyway

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.