Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Erakovic got incredibly unlucky with two replayed points.

And in terms of unforced errors, I meant Robson has had more "WTF was that?" moments.

Robson has been average at best, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accountant-future)
    However, she still finds herself 4-0 up in the final set

She's got lucky her opponent has blown it
    What's your problem..you wouldn't be saying that if it was the other way around would you? You'd be saying that Laura got lucky in the first set and the difference in quality was now coming through.

She's winning the match now however you dress it up..stop being so bloody negative. :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    What's your problem..you wouldn't be saying that if it was the other way around would you? You'd be saying that Laura got lucky in the first set and the difference in quality was now coming through.

She's winning the match now however you dress it up..stop being so bloody negative. :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Laura has got a bit lucky. She hasn't played especially well over the match (although the third set has looked pretty good), but wasn't punished for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I think Laura has got a bit lucky. She hasn't played especially well over the match (although the third set has looked pretty good), but wasn't punished for it.
    She hasn't played especially well, but neither has her opponent. Where is the luck?

ReputationRep:
    Some annoying guy keep shouting 'Come on' every time Laura wins a point. I wanna slap his face.

Anyway, I'm happy for Laura, although she did get a bit lucky with her opponent choking whilst serving for the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Some annoying guy keep shouting 'Come on' every time Laura wins a point. I wanna slap his face.

Anyway, I'm happy for Laura, although she did get a bit lucky with her opponent choking whilst serving for the match.
    Let's hope she doesn't choke now...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    FFS, Robson better win soon. I want Tomic back on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    She hasn't played especially well, but neither has her opponent. Where is the luck?
    That her opponent is playing badly. Given her level today, surely this is clear?
    Anyways, match point...

ReputationRep:
    Robson has done it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Robson has been embarrassing in my opinion. I know she's nervous but the number of unforced errors compared to her opponent is awful.

About to break back though as her opponent is obviously nervous as hell on her serve.
    Perhaps, but what about the number of double faults on Erakovic's part? I don't think she's been 'embarrassing'.

Oh Laura. :adore:

(Yes, I know she didn't play very well, and was pitiful in the first set, but...:woo: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    FFS, Robson better win soon. I want Tomic back on!
    Red button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Perhaps, but what about the number of double faults on Erakovic's part? I don't think she's been 'embarrassing'.

Oh Laura. :adore:

(Yes, I know she didn't play very well, and was pitiful in the first set, but...:woo: )
    Tbf she did well in the final set. Her opponent caved in but she did well to finish her off as towards the end Erakovic started to come back into it.

Might try to get tickets to Centre Court for Tuesday now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Tbf she did well in the final set. Her opponent caved in but she did well to finish her off as towards the end Erakovic started to come back into it.

Might try to get tickets to Centre Court for Tuesday now!
    I thought so, even if I feared for her a little when she got broken back. She didn't play well, but it's still very pleasing to see her get through and overall it wasn't a bad performance - at least, I don't think so.

Do you think that's a possibility?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Red button?
    TV's are so last year.

Na, i just stream from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    TV's are so last year.

Na, i just stream from the internet.
    The BBC Sport website has all the tennis matches

ReputationRep:
    Few have took that the wrong way
    I meant that if Erakovic didn't let her performance drop, she'd have won it in straight sets - if Robson lets a better standard of opponent (Williams in QF) get that free first set then she's in trouble
    That's all I'm saying, not trying to belittle her comeback in any way
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    The BBC Sport website has all the tennis matches
    Dam, wish i'd known that before.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    To those who know more about tennis than I do (i.e. most) what do you think Robson's chances are of beating either Riske or Kanepi? Robson is ranked higher but I know people perform differently on different surfaces, and form coming into the tournament plays a big part, so...

ReputationRep:
    Tomic wins too!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing tiebreak and win by Tomic

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.