Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    LISICKI!

ReputationRep:
    She did it, nice one Lisicki

ReputationRep:
    Both Men's and Women's Defending Champions are OUT! Serena was overwhelming favourite - absolutely no-one bet against her. This is big. This entire tournament has been packed full of upsets.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe it!! Williams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lisicki :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm in love with Lisicki :daydreaming:

She's so happy!

ReputationRep:
    Serena didn't look that interested to me. Not fully focused at all times and a distinct lack of fight.

ReputationRep:
    Here's Andy coming up!

ReputationRep:
    The way this is going, Murray & Djokovic are in trouble :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    Rafa maybe but between 2005-2009 (when Roger was at his peak imo), Murray beat Federer 6 times and from their third appearance on, Murray has always had a winning record against him.

Added to this, Murray was definitely not at his peak before 2009.
    Murray has a winning record against the GOAT outside grand slam matches but in grand slam matches Fed destroyed him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    kanepi is really ugly
    I don't know why this made me laugh so much. :rofl2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro breaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Serena didn't look that interested to me. Not fully focused at all times and a distinct lack of fight.
    I'm not sure. I think she knew coming into the match that Sabine was someone who could definitely take her out so in the 1st set she was nervous because of that but she got it together in the 2nd. I have no idea what happened in the 3rd, so many easy UEs. That overhead smash that went out when she got broken was just astounding.

Lisicki has a chance to get to the final and i think the only person who can stop her from winning if Kvitova

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I'm not sure. I think she knew coming into the match that Sabine was someone who could definitely take her out so in the 1st set she was nervous because of that but she got it together in the 2nd. I have no idea what happened in the 3rd, so many easy UEs. That overhead smash that went out when she got broken was just astounding.

Lisicki has a chance to get to the final and i think the only person who can stop her from winning if Kvitova
    Kvitova needs to be switched on too. She made quite a lot of UEs today.

ReputationRep:
    Murray has made a fairly convincing start. Of course, whether that will continue remains to be seen but he's looking reasonably comfortable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro a set up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Murray has made a fairly convincing start. Of course, whether that will continue remains to be seen but he's looking reasonably comfortable.
    Apart from that 2nd game, it doesn't feel like Youzhny's going to trouble him at all. We saw what happened last year when Youzhny got annihilated in the QFs here, and I fear the same thing may happen again.

ReputationRep:
    We could plant a garden with all these falling seeds. WimbleDONE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Apart from that 2nd game, it doesn't feel like Youzhny's going to trouble him at all. We saw what happened last year when Youzhny got annihilated in the QFs here, and I fear the same thing may happen again.
    These were my thoughts. However, after seeing the turnarounds in the Robson games, I wouldn't want to speak too soon - but do you think that men's games are less susceptible to such dramatic switches in momentum?

ReputationRep:
    Murray 4-2 up in the 1st
    Good start

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.