Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    That's true, any excessive weight placed on his left leg will ruin him, like that shot he played down the tramline that just went out a few minutes ago.

Ferrer doesn't seem to be himself just now either, making more mistakes than usual I think. Although I'm sure we'll see that change...
    I think this games pretty much a mental one now because like Nadal when he's sometimes injured he's limping between games but like on that shot was probably too kind to his leg and could have got it. I think if he really wants to he can last the game but it means drawing on the mental strength that we see from Nadal and Djokovic.

4 break points and broken twice, Del Potro winning from the baseline.

ReputationRep:
    How does Djokovic get some of these shots back? Honestly one of the most amazing things in sport.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If he plays like this then i want him injured all the time, that forehand is so good and hard.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Ferrer must be baffled...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Poor Ferrer must be baffled...
    Yeah, he must have thought it was a gift.

Usually though we see Nadal esq 30 shot rallies from Del Potro so i think this injury's forcing him to hit winners sooner. Either that or it may have been his game plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Yeah, he must have thought it was a gift.

Usually though we see Nadal esq 30 shot rallies from Del Potro so i think this injury's forcing him to hit winners sooner. Either that or it may have been his game plan.
    Yeah, he'll be wanting to preserve himself for the rest of the match by finishing the points off sooner.

ReputationRep:
    McEnroe sums up Del Potro perfectly: devastating, when he's on it. Could so easily be in the top 3.

I wish they didn't have two QFs on at the same time, both shaping up to be great matches.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Yeah, he'll be wanting to preserve himself for the rest of the match by finishing the points off sooner.
    Yeah but ironically that's making him better or at least putting him in front. Probably made worse by the fact that breaking Del Potro is not going to happen more than a handful of times in a match.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to Berdych take this first set, at least...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Federer playing in Hamburg, i wonder if Nadal will fancy joining him.

ReputationRep:
    Djoko Berdych is a great match. Djoko takes first set though, Berdych played out of his mind to stay in that though.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell BBC, why can't you keep the same match on the same channel for more than half an hour? Complete pointless swap there.

ReputationRep:
    That forehand :holmes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro breaks, serves for the second!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    yes DelPo

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, I don't think Delpo would have played this well before that fall!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    94% first serve points won!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly not a single challenge yet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro-Ferrer into a third set tiebreak.

ReputationRep:
    That ball into the net must have hurt Del Potro, it should have been an easy point...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.