Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    It's so painful I just want it to end now.
    So many mistakes, and he's making such a struggle of even holding this service game.

(Though as I type he's held).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Can't see him coming back from this tbh. Would love to be proven wrong though..
    I think he will, but I'm not as confident as if it was, for example, Djokovic in this position playing Verdasco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I think he will, but I wouldn't be as confident as if it was, for example, Djokovic in this position playing Verdasco.
    Djokovic could have lost the first set of his match earlier but he stayed composed and matched his opponent in class and aggression - too bad Andy is going to be depressed for the next month now.
    If he comes back from this and wins Wimbledon then it could be the break through moment in his career. Looks near impossible now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I think he will, but I'm not as confident as if it was, for example, Djokovic in this position playing Verdasco.
    He needs to stop the mistakes and stop scrambling around letting Verdasco boss the game. If he swings the momentum his way I reckon he's got enough to ride it out, but having said that he needs to get the momentum first. As I write he's broken, so hopefully that's a good sign...

ReputationRep:
    Murray breaks in the third...

ReputationRep:
    Those two break points were really his last hope. Good that he got them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. A break, lets all pray that he can hold his serve and finish the set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Djokovic could have lost the first set of his match earlier but he stayed composed and matched his opponent in class and aggression - too bad Andy is going to be depressed for the next month now.
    If he comes back from this and wins Wimbledon then it could be the break through moment in his career. Looks near impossible now though.
    It's not near impossible. He just needs to swing the momentum, and if he does, there is quite a bit of hope he could do it. Just needs to forget the last two sets and play like he's the second seed

ReputationRep:
    And I'm sure we'd all love to see Murray serve a bit better atm too

EDIT: he aced immediatlely after I posted! come on Andy

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I really can't see him winning this. He's just too far behind.

It seems that with Murray once he starts to lose it mentally he just can't recover. It's like a vicious circle.

ReputationRep:
    3rd set isn't as important as the 4th. All to often you see players go 2 sets down, win the 3rd with ease then lose the 4th and its curtains. Murray is going to need to be at the required level for 3 hours or so.

This match is just way too stressful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    This match is just way too stressful.
    And it could be some pretty prolonged stress if he does manage to make it go five sets... I have a prom to go to tonight though, if Andy does win I won't be there to see it

ReputationRep:
    Why is he allowing that dude to play aggressive? Andy needs to play heavy shots to beat this guy!

ReputationRep:
    Murray to win this in 5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Why is he allowing that dude to play aggressive? Andy needs to play heavy shots to beat this guy!
    It doesn't help when Verdasco's serving at 130mph every time and whacking his forehands at 90mph+. The way it's been going, it's hard for Andy to take the initiative when he's 30 feet behind the baseline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonSky)
    And it could be some pretty prolonged stress if he does manage to make it go five sets... I have a prom to go to tonight though, if Andy does win I won't be there to see it
    At this moment, lets just hope he manages to win.

ReputationRep:
    Verdasco's one-two with his serve on the deuce side and then forehand is brilliant to watch.

ReputationRep:
    "I think it's just starting to dawn on everyone that Murray could lose this match"

Well no **** Sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    tbf, it was a bit hard on Murray that he makes his first double fault at set point....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.