Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Murray is going to get annihilated by Djokovic in the final.
    Playing how he is he won't get to the final even if he somehow gets through this match. He'll get spanked by Janowicz like he was in Paris.

ReputationRep:
    If he plays like he did in the 1st two sets and keeps serving 75mph second serves. However I'm happy this has happened now because I doubt he'll be making the same mistakes again if gets into the final

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    IF he gets to the final
    Yes, this. It's in no way over, hell, he could feasibly still lose this set.

ReputationRep:
    **** yessssssssssss

Yeeeeeees!!!

ReputationRep:
    yes come on murray one more set!

ReputationRep:
    What a comeback. Now the big set.

ReputationRep:
    What a great comeback!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have the BBC even acknowledged Janowicz's win?!

ReputationRep:
    Annihilated by Del Potro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    Playing how he is he won't get to the final even if he somehow gets through this match. He'll get spanked by Janowicz like he was in Paris.
    I don't think I've seen anyone serve better in a match and play as aggressive as Verdasco in this match. If Murray can win this match it would be fair to say he has a very high chance of winning Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Murray it's all to play for!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Have the BBC even acknowledged Janowicz's win?!
    I assume they don't want to spoil it for any highlights they are going to show after this. That would be my guess and I hope that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    If he plays like he did in the 1st two sets and keeps serving 75mph second serves. However I'm happy this has happened now because I doubt he'll be making the same mistakes again if gets into the final

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know whether Lendl has told him to improve that 2nd serve or not, but I've not seen any difference in speed or accuracy since the start of the Championships. This is the first time an opponent has picked up on it and punished it in a match, and that serve is the reason why he went 2 sets down in the first place.

Now though, it's a 5th set - and Murray has the momentum going.

ReputationRep:
    This match still as tight as a gnat's ass.

(Original post by cleveradam)
    I don't think I've seen anyone serve better in a match and play as aggressive as Verdasco in this match. If Murray can win this match it would be fair to say he has a very high chance of winning Wimbledon.
    You haven't ever seen Janowicz serve then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    This match still as tight as a gnat's ass.

You haven't ever seen Janowicz serve then...
    Can't miss those 140mph + bombs, 'specially on the receiving end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I don't know whether Lendl has told him to improve that 2nd serve or not, but I've not seen any difference in speed or accuracy since the start of the Championships. This is the first time an opponent has picked up on it and punished it in a match, and that serve is the reason why he went 2 sets down in the first place.

Now though, it's a 5th set - and Murray has the momentum going.
    Exactly. Considering all the pundits and the media have been picking it apart I'm surprised nothing has changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I assume they don't want to spoil it for any highlights they are going to show after this. That would be my guess and I hope that is the case.
    Good point! Hopefully what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    5000th post! :yay:

Come on Murray! You can do this!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    One of the commentator's heavy breathing is extremely annoying

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.