The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
IF he gets to the final :s-smilie:

Yes, this. It's in no way over, hell, he could feasibly still lose this set.
**** yessssssssssss
Yeeeeeees!!! :smile::smile:
yes come on murray one more set!
What a comeback. Now the big set.
What a great comeback!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have the BBC even acknowledged Janowicz's win?!
Reply 4987
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Murray is going to get annihilated by Djokovic in the final.

Annihilated by Del Potro:wink:
Original post by one2three_abc
Playing how he is he won't get to the final even if he somehow gets through this match. He'll get spanked by Janowicz like he was in Paris.

I don't think I've seen anyone serve better in a match and play as aggressive as Verdasco in this match. If Murray can win this match it would be fair to say he has a very high chance of winning Wimbledon.
C'mon Murray it's all to play for!!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Have the BBC even acknowledged Janowicz's win?!

I assume they don't want to spoil it for any highlights they are going to show after this. That would be my guess and I hope that is the case.
Original post by Skkc16
If he plays like he did in the 1st two sets and keeps serving 75mph second serves. However I'm happy this has happened now because I doubt he'll be making the same mistakes again if gets into the final

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know whether Lendl has told him to improve that 2nd serve or not, but I've not seen any difference in speed or accuracy since the start of the Championships. This is the first time an opponent has picked up on it and punished it in a match, and that serve is the reason why he went 2 sets down in the first place.

Now though, it's a 5th set - and Murray has the momentum going.
This match still as tight as a gnat's ass.

cleveradam
I don't think I've seen anyone serve better in a match and play as aggressive as Verdasco in this match. If Murray can win this match it would be fair to say he has a very high chance of winning Wimbledon.

You haven't ever seen Janowicz serve then...
Original post by one2three_abc
This match still as tight as a gnat's ass.

You haven't ever seen Janowicz serve then...

Can't miss those 140mph + bombs, 'specially on the receiving end...
Reply 4994
Original post by Krish4791
I don't know whether Lendl has told him to improve that 2nd serve or not, but I've not seen any difference in speed or accuracy since the start of the Championships. This is the first time an opponent has picked up on it and punished it in a match, and that serve is the reason why he went 2 sets down in the first place.

Now though, it's a 5th set - and Murray has the momentum going.

Exactly. Considering all the pundits and the media have been picking it apart I'm surprised nothing has changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMagicRat
I assume they don't want to spoil it for any highlights they are going to show after this. That would be my guess and I hope that is the case.

Good point! Hopefully what they're doing.
5000th post! :yay:

Come on Murray! You can do this!
Reply 4997
One of the commentator's heavy breathing is extremely annoying
I would like Murray to win Wimbledon but frankly the way he's playing he both doesn't deserve this match waiting for errors from Verdasco, and Djokovic will be all over him should they meet in the final.
Reply 4999
Important game coming up. Vital that Murray holds it. #statingtheobvious

Latest