Post about Wimbledon in the Wimbledon 2013 discussion thread. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assaultvictim)
    Post about Wimbledon in the Wimbledon 2013 discussion thread. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No one cares about your thread :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    What contrasting semi finals, felt really sad for Flipkens that her Wimbledon journey had to end with injury and losing so badly, but Bartoli was playing some brilliant tennis Also never knew Bartolis IQ was so high, just wow

The Radwanska Lisicki match was just amazing, match of the women's tournament for me, but it always felt like it was determined by how confident Lisicki was feeling about her shots, but amazingbplay from Radwanska especially in the 2nd set and when she broke Lisicki back when she was serving for the match

ReputationRep:
    Anyone catch Garry Richardson's bizarre question at the end of the Murray interview yesterday? When I read about it, I assumed Murray had over-reacted but watching it, he was right to be abit curtly with his words. Richardson has got a nice voice (apt that he is on radio most of the time) but ballsed up a tad with a levity question which backfired.

ReputationRep:
    It's a real shame Radwanska had to go out, although of course Lisicki also deserved to be in the final. Just feel that SF probably should have been the final, I don't see the final being as good as that.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Janowicz let's teach this mug how to play proper grass court tennis tomorrow.

Still cannit believe how Fiasco messed it up but that's not surprising.

Was also surprised to see Federer playing Gstaad and Hamburg especially this close to the NA swing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Come on Janowicz let's teach this mug how to play proper grass court tennis tomorrow.

Still cannit believe how Fiasco messed it up but that's not surprising.

Was also surprised to see Federer playing Gstaad and Hamburg especially this close to the NA swing.
    Verdasco would have won if he knew how to volley.

As for Federer, who cares why he's playing Gstaad and Hamburg? I'm just very happy that he has realised that reduced schedule isn't something that's gonna work out for him, especially at this point of his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Yeah Fiasco just needed to finish off his fh bombs at the net.

Murray was just pushing, pushing and pushing.

As for Federer, who cares why he's playing Gstaad and Hamburg? I'm just very happy that he has realised that reduced schedule isn't something that's gonna work out for him, especially at this point of his career.
    Just something that strikes to me as randin sibce both tournaments are on clay and way to close to the NA swing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Anyone catch Garry Richardson's bizarre question at the end of the Murray interview yesterday? When I read about it, I assumed Murray had over-reacted but watching it, he was right to be abit curtly with his words. Richardson has got a nice voice (apt that he is on radio most of the time) but ballsed up a tad with a levity question which backfired.

Massive fan of "yeah, it's very difficult to do".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Just something that strikes to me as randin sibce both tournaments are on clay and way to close to the NA swing
    Federer is usually very adept at adapting to different conditions and surfaces, so him playing on clay before the NA swing isn't really an issue. What he lacks is match practice. He obviously didn't think he would have only played 35 matches by the end of Wimbledon and so obviously needs to get more matches under his belt to work on his shaky ground strokes and clay gives him the perfect opportunity to do just that.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else want to see Del Potro take the title? Such an entertaining player to watch

ReputationRep:
    Talk about Wimbledon on the Wimbledon 2013 discussion thread please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    Anyone else want to see Del Potro take the title? Such an entertaining player to watch
    Would love to! Ever since the US Open 2009 he's been on of my top favourites on tour! Watching his ground strokes when he's at the top of his games are remarkable :eek: However I tipped Murray before the tournament so my ego would want him to win And of course it would be great for him doing it at Wimbledon and the public etc.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't Wimbledon a tennis tournament, so what's the harm in mentioning it in this tennis society thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    Would love to! Ever since the US Open 2009 he's been on of my top favourites on tour! Watching his ground strokes when he's at the top of his games are remarkable :eek: However I tipped Murray before the tournament so my ego would want him to win And of course it would be great for him doing it at Wimbledon and the public etc.
    Murray Del Potro final

ReputationRep:

And I would win Wimbledon if i had a 200mph serve. But I don't.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    Aye. I think the winner of Del Potro and Djokovic should take the title since Murray has looked sub par the last 2 rounds.

ReputationRep:
    X
    That's irrelevant. He had to play well enough to beat Verdasco, which he did. How well he plays against Djokovic will determine if he beats Djokovic, not how well he played two games earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I would LOVE to see Del Potro beat Djokovic. I'd have to agree that whoever wins that side of the draw will claim the title, but it'll be interesting to see if Murray struggles again in the semis.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.