Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Murray's playing too passively and he knows it. Just keeps getting sucked into trying to keep the ball in play.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love the balls on Janowicz, real swagger on him.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Janowicz
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Murray is playing very badly right now. He should be winning comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    Not impressed with Murray tbh. Too many unforced errors, too many meaningless returns. He just has not showed the form of a champion. I can't see him beating Djokovic at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Really don't know why Janowicz is persisting with those silly drop shots. Murray is just too quick off the ground to be hurt by them.
    ...and then he proves me wrong by clinching the break point in the third with a drop shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Murray's playing too passively and he knows it. Just keeps getting sucked into trying to keep the ball in play.
    I have to agree unfortunately. Janowicz is playing very aggressively which is giving him a much greater advantage.

ReputationRep:
    Some of those serves are monstrous. I can't see Murray getting back into the set if Janowicz serves like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Not impressed with Murray tbh. Too many unforced errors, too many meaningless returns. He just has not showed the form of a champion. I can't see him beating Djokovic at any rate.
    I support Murray but I agree, he looks average in the rallies and plays too passively. I dont see him winning if he continues to play like this.

ReputationRep:
    Is it mandatory for crowds to laugh after players hit more than three slices in a row? They're trying to create space and angles, it ain't a ****ing exo.

ReputationRep:
    Doing himself no favours when he lets Janowicz dictate play like this

that's more like it, Andy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    My God Murray is such an overrated player. Bless him though for trying his best as you can clearly tell from his swearing and general aggressiveness

I've been following this game from the start and I have to say if he played like this at any other grand slam, he'd be mullered in straight sets by now. The centre court crowd really have carried him.

Did anyone see him running around like a headless chicken in the Verdasco game? It's the same here, relying on his opponent to make errors

To be fair his best court by far are the hard courts in the US and Oz. He's incredibly mediocre on grass and plain sucks on clay.
    Coming 1st and 2nd in his last 2 major grass tournaments is "incredibly mediocre"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    I support Murray but I agree, he looks average in the rallies and plays too passively. I dont see him winning if he continues to play like this.
    Djokovic will destroy him if he plays anything like he has against Verdasco and today.

ReputationRep:
    A dropshot too far Jerzy.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, BRILLIANT shot by Murray.

ReputationRep:
    His GF goes less attractive the better he plays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    ...and then he proves me wrong by clinching the break point in the third with a drop shot.
    ...and then gets broken back after another silly drop shot. Really not sure what to think about this Janowicz chap.

ReputationRep:
    Umpire is pissed with his continuous whining about the roof. So am I.

ReputationRep:
    Murray was fortunate to get that break - lucky net cord and poor shot selection from Janowicz. But he's playing better now, floodgates might have opened for Murray now.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    the umpire seem to say yan-o-witz

id presume they know the correct way?

(atleast thats how it sounds to my ears)
    It's yanovich

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.