Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen a player so emotional during a match, for me if Bartoli wins it's more due to Lisicki's meltdown. Bartoli's just handled the occasion perfectly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    They often are that's what annoys me about 3 sets, you only need the momentum with you for 4 or so game around the end of the first set and its over. With enough time I think Lisicki could get back in this, but she's going to run out of games if she doesn't hit back this game or the next she faces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they should bring back the 5 set final for the women's Grand Slams, like it used to be for the men's masters tournaments. Nerves seem to play a huge part in these three set finals precisely because whoever loses the first set is under so much pressure to get back in the match.

This is painful viewing - Lisicki is playing like an amateur, barely able to get the ball into court.

ReputationRep:
    This is sad Lisicki's missing so many shots even I would be surprised to miss.

ReputationRep:
    Says a lot the crowd think this could well be the final game and the commentators are already building it up, on Lisicki's serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Start of an epic Lisicki comeback!?!!?!?!

Yay Lisicki Can't bear to see her cry

ReputationRep:
    Come on Lisicki, Bartoli's got to get tight at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Bartoli is really ugly

Lisicki in this match reminds me of me in my last maths exam ... a really good player but crumbling under the pressure...

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Bartoli is really ugly
    She isn't ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    She isn't ...
    She really is

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps in dispair Lisicki has lifted the pressure of herself a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bartoli is feeling the pressure

ReputationRep:
    if bartoli ends up losing this, do you guys think this would be the biggest choke in the history of tennis?

ReputationRep:
    If Lisicki wins this service game and then breaks Bartoli again, she will win the whole match.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Sabine! Finally starting to play tennis.

And Bartoli's not ugly, just average looking, not that it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    if bartoli ends up losing this, do you guys think this would be the biggest choke in the history of tennis?
    I'd say Lisicki was the one who choked in the first set and a half.

Don't lose this now Bartoli!

ReputationRep:
    She's finding something here. If Bartoli gets tight she can find a way back into this match. Serve seems to have started working now as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Don't lose this now Bartoli!
    would be epic if she did

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.