Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well Done Andy!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Yeah, he could go on beyond 28 though, late peak - late decline.
    Exactly! No reason why he cannot maintain this until he's 30. His conditioning is superb and I see a lack of genuine new grand slam contenders making the breakthrough in the next few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Nadal looks very strong on clay and hard.
    Would be good to see if Murray can retain US open though.
    I want Nadal to win US Open or Delpo after that I wouldn't mind if Murray Retained his us open title.

ReputationRep:
    who is this butchering pure imagination???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Yeah. Where do you get them from so quickly?

ReputationRep:
    What is with the boring as **** closing music.

ReputationRep:
    The second last point he played before winning the slam was the best in the match.

ReputationRep:
    was it bublé? lol

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, hopefully Nadal/Federer are out there watching the scenes somewhere. It doesn't seem like Novak is too bithered about saving tennis, it's up to Fedal (Nadal especially as he knows exactly how to destroy Murray).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    2 GS don't make you a great. 7/8+ does. Can Murray win that many slams? I doubt it.

And tennis is not just a British sport, it's a worldwide sport. So maybe in the eyes of British, he is one of the greats, but non-British will always regard Federer, Nadal, Sampras, Laver and Borg as one of the greatest.
    People like you also said he'll never win a single slam. I'm pretty confident he will have a good go at winning 7 slams. 5 more and he's going to be playing for another 7-8 years. That's 32 goes he's got at it and it'll be he, Nadal, Novak and maybe JMDP that'll be winning the slams for the next 4/5 years. Very feasible for him to get.

But when he gets there, you guys will change the threshold.

FWIW the greatness talk is rather moot and pointless.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Murray was the best player over the last weeks. You can't claim he had an easy draw (he beat the ****ing world number one in straight sets), and those saying his style of play is somehow wrong or impure are, I suspect, bitter fanboys of those who went out much earlier in the tournament.

Is Murray a "great" with 2 grand slams? Absolutely not, it's a ridiculous notion. Could he become a great? How long's a piece of string.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yeah. Where do you get them from so quickly?
    I have my sources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Sigh, hopefully Nadal/Federer are out there watching the scenes somewhere. It doesn't seem like Novak is too bithered about saving tennis, it's up to Fedal (Nadal especially as he knows exactly how to destroy Murray).
    I can't help but agree with you here the post of yours that I agree with. Vamos Rafa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Only Nadal never lost in 3 sets in a final. YESSSSS!
    This is only the 2nd time Djokovic has lost in straight sets in a GS final

ReputationRep:
    Yes murray i'm sooooo happy he won he deserved it more than any one !!!!! :d yay

ReputationRep:
    Glad I wasn't watching this thread during the match.

I don't see the problem with describing him as "great". There are only something like 47 people who have won a slam in the open era and around half of those have won more than one. So, if you're only one of 20-something people to have done something in a game that will have been played by thousands, then I'm happy to call him great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Murray's getting laid tonight...
    Hmmm I hadn't thought about that but yeh he's gonna have an amazing night and Kim is soo hot !!! OMFG I'd laugh if in a few months time she's pregnant

ReputationRep:
    Well done Muzza, first time a brit has won wimbeldon wearing shorts according to bbc commentary team, must be in line for a knighthood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    This is only the 2nd time Djokovic has lost in straight sets in a GS final
    Still its a positive for Nadal atleast he never lost in 3 sets djokovic lost in his prime in 3 sets in his prime lol. Thanks to Murray and hopefully Murray can somehow grab Austalien open if Nadal doesn't and in few years time when Fedal has retired Murray may grab a French Open look at it this way Nole is injured due to sliding too much on hard and grass, Fedal has retired who's the Favorite to win the French open Andy Murray?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.