Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Yep, he could face any of the top 4 I think.
    I want him to knock of djokovic in the quarters so djoker doesnt get to defend his 1200 ranking points bearing in mind 1200 points is worth more than a masters 1000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I want him to knock of djokovic in the quarters so djoker doesnt get to defend his 1200 ranking points bearing in mind 1200 points is worth more than a masters 1000.
    But that could backfire as well, Djokovic could beat Nadal and Nadal would lose a heck of points. Which of the top 4 seeds Nadal gets to face in the quarters is all random.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    But that could backfire as well, Djokovic could beat Nadal and Nadal would lose a heck of points. Which of the top 4 seeds Nadal gets to face in the quarters is all random.
    Random my behind!

Since they can't guarantee a Fedal final with Nadal potentially going through three of them, we will see a Fedal QF and i would put money on that occurance right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Random my behind!

Since they can't guarantee a Fedal final with Nadal potentially going through three of them, we will see a Fedal QF and i would put money on that occurance right now!
    Fedal QF with Ferrer waiting in the semis.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yup, there's just too much money on the line for a Fedal match.

ReputationRep:
    Tempted to go put money on that.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think about Monte Carlo? Do you think Rafa will get a 9th title?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think about Monte Carlo? Do you think Rafa will get a 9th title?
    Definitely He played fantastic at Indian Wells Now hes on Home turf and tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    The chances of a backfire are 2% since Nadals percentage at RG 98% however worst case scenario he will lose 2000 points if an upset did happen which is very very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    The chances of a backfire are 2% since Nadals percentage at RG 98% however worst case scenario he will lose 2000 points if an upset did happen which is very very unlikely.
    I think your statistical claim there is a bit suspect at best. Using past experience as a basis for future prediction etc. I would expect Rafa to beat Djok in a quarter, but I'd give Djok at least a, say, 30% shot at winning.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watching Evans vs Tursunov in the Davis Cup? Quite an exciting match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I think your statistical claim there is a bit suspect at best. Using past experience as a basis for future prediction etc. I would expect Rafa to beat Djok in a quarter, but I'd give Djok at least a, say, 30% shot at winning.
    Well this Statistic is the best in TENNIS! And it shows how overwhelmingly dominant Nadal Has been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Well this Statistic is the best in TENNIS! And it shows how overwhelmingly dominant Nadal Has been.
    I'm not going to deny it's an impressive statistic, but I think to take it at face value for predictions would be folly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna see if I can predict the entire major clay court season in one shot Anyone can feel free to quote me on this after it's all over, hopefully I won't get too much of it wrong!

Monte Carlo: comfortable win for Nadal for his 9th straight title (potentially his last one as well, we'll see) over Djoko, Del Po or Murray in final
    Madrid: Djokovic over Federer/Nadal in final for his 2nd Madrid title
    Rome: Nadal to win his 7th title at Rome over Djokovic/Ferrer/Federer/Murray, etc (anyone else really) in the final

Roland Garros:
    Nadal bt Djokovic in 4 sets
    OR
    Djokovic to stun Nadal in final (4 or 5 sets)?

All pure speculation at the moment - will revise my predictions in light of any future developments!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I'm gonna see if I can predict the entire major clay court season in one shot Anyone can feel free to quote me on this after it's all over, hopefully I won't get too much of it wrong!

Monte Carlo: comfortable win for Nadal for his 9th straight title (potentially his last one as well, we'll see) over Djoko, Del Po or Murray in final
    Madrid: Djokovic over Federer/Nadal in final for his 2nd Madrid title
    Rome: Nadal to win his 7th title at Rome over Djokovic/Ferrer/Federer/Murray, etc (anyone else really) in the final

Roland Garros:
    Nadal bt Djokovic in 4 sets
    OR
    Djokovic to stun Nadal in final (4 or 5 sets)?

All pure speculation at the moment - will revise my predictions in light of any future developments!
    Hmmmm My prediction is that Nadal will completely own the clay season.
    I really cant see anybody beating Nadal this season on clay.

Monte Carlo- Hes invincible there.( Congratz on 9th TITLE!)
    Barcelona- he bts Ferrer. (CONGRATZ ON 8TH TITLE.)
    Madrid -he bts Djoker/Delpo
    Rome- He bts Djoker/Murray (7 title)

ROLAND GARROS= 98% VS the tennis world.

Quarters- Nadal beats djoker 3/4 sets most likely 3.
    Semis- Nadal beats murray 3 sets
    Final nadal beats Federer/ferrer 3 sets to clinch his Record breaking 8 single grandslam title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I think it's safe to say nobody is surprised this is your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I think it's safe to say nobody is surprised this is your opinion.
    Thats what am trying to say Nobody should be surprised I mean whos going to be a big threat i kno everybodys a threat on FAST courts but nobody really on Red CLAY.

Djoker had his best season 2011.
    Zeballous had his career best moment against rusty nadal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

Monte Carlo- Hes invincible there.( Congratz on 9th TITLE!)
    Barcelona- he bts Ferrer. (CONGRATZ ON 8TH TITLE.)
    Madrid -he bts Djoker/Delpo
    Rome- He bts Djoker/Murray (7 title)

ROLAND GARROS= 98% VS the tennis world.

Quarters- Nadal beats djoker 3/4 sets most likely 3.
    Semis- Nadal beats murray 3 sets
    Final nadal beats Federer/ferrer 3 sets to clinch his Record breaking 8 single grandslam title.
    Are you suggesting Djokovic and Nadal would end up in the same quarter? Unlikely - everyone is expecting a Djokovic-Nadal RG final to be the height of the clay season.
    As for Madrid, I give Nadal only a 50-60% chance there. Sure it's red clay, but it's much faster than all the other places and historically Nadal has not had the greatest record there. He won the title only once on red clay (2010), and he's lost to Federer and Djokovic there, so nothing is guaranteed.
    Agree with all the others though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Are you suggesting Djokovic and Nadal would end up in the same quarter? Unlikely - everyone is expecting a Djokovic-Nadal RG final to be the height of the clay season.
    As for Madrid, I give Nadal only a 50-60% chance there. Sure it's red clay, but it's much faster than all the other places and historically Nadal has not had the greatest record there. He won the title only once on red clay (2010), and he's lost to Federer and Djokovic there, so nothing is guaranteed.
    Agree with all the others though
    Nadal has won Madrid masters twice 2008,2010.
    Who do you think Nadal will face at the quarters, semis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal has won Madrid masters twice 2008,2010.
    No, he won in 2005 (when it was Indoor Hard) and then in 2010 on red clay. Andy Murray won in 2008 on the Hard Court surface.
    I think (and hope) Rafa faces Ferrer in QFs. Then he may meet Murray in the semis and leave Federer to battle Djokovic for the right to face him in the final.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.