Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:

Lol just found this, safe to say he should stick to Tennis

ReputationRep:
    Federer confirms the racket change. He has gone up by quite a lot.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Roger-Federer-confirms-change-of-racket-articolo11456.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Federer confirms the racket change. He has gone up by quite a lot.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Roger-Federer-confirms-change-of-racket-articolo11456.html
    That's great! I think he had the same paint-job done on the racket though, that's probs why I didn't notice anything different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    That's great! I think he had the same paint-job done on the racket though, that's probs why I didn't notice anything different.
    It looks different too. His previous one was red/white. This one is black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    It looks different too. His previous one was red/white. This one is black.
    Is it? I need to improve my vision a little bit

ReputationRep:
    Is it? I need to improve my vision a little bit
    How can you improve vision?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    How can you improve vision?:eek:
    Laser eye surgery.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, even if Federer had a lightsaber in his hand, I probably wouldn't notice!

Speaking of which...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ede9O01qFw

ReputationRep:
    Laser eye surgery.
    Really thats dangerous imagine they fcuk your eyes up then your doomed.

ReputationRep:
    The transition from racket to racket is what worries me with Fed. Yes it should suit his game more now and reduce the ridiculous shanks but I think there must have been some reason against the new design which means he has left the change for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    The transition from racket to racket is what worries me with Fed. Yes it should suit his game more now and reduce the ridiculous shanks but I think there must have been some reason against the new design which means he has left the change for so long.
    He was asked about it in 2011 I believe, and his response at the time was that Wilson did not really give him much time to test out new rackets, or something like that.
    His early Wimbledon exit seems to have given him time to think/reflect, sign up for extra tournaments and conduct these "tests"

ReputationRep:
    He was asked about it in 2011 I believe, and his response at the time was that Wilson did not really give him much time to test out new rackets, or something like that.
    His early Wimbledon exit seems to have given him time to think/reflect, sign up for extra tournaments and conduct these "tests"
    Yeah no doubt it was the only smart move at this stage in his career, but if he was truly content with the change it would have happened I'd say back even in '10 - we shall see and of course I hope he does improve with the change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Yeah no doubt it was the only smart move at this stage in his career, but if he was truly content with the change it would have happened I'd say back even in '10 - we shall see and of course I hope he does improve with the change!
    It could help him get more pace behind his groundstrokes and on his serve. He doesn't stand a chance with his current racket against great defenders like Murray and Novak, so this extra power can only help him hopefully. And I think he should have made that change in like 2008 when his movement really started declining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Really thats dangerous imagine they fcuk your eyes up then your doomed.
    Yeah that happens to like one in a million people. My mum had laser eye surgery and her eye vision has never been better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that happens to like one in a million people. My mum had laser eye surgery and her eye vision has never been better.
    Another downside to laser eye surgery is that it costs like over £1000 per eye ii can't afford that.

ReputationRep:
    Serbia News spreading a bit of gossip about the possibility of Novak Djokovic marrying Jelena Ristic soon. Apparently they're talking about it more and more often.

Who would make a good best man? Andy Murray's name came up a few times...

ReputationRep:
    Serbia News spreading a bit of gossip about the possibility of Novak Djokovic marrying Jelena Ristic soon. Apparently they're talking about it more and more often.

Who would make a good best man? Andy Murray's name came up a few times...
    Murray wouldn't be asked, neither would he do it.

There rivalry has now become the pinnacle of the sport as of late. Whilst their friendship has eroded, their on court rivalry and respect has risen.

It would just be awkward to ask the guy that declined you two slams and a chance to win Silver or Gold to be your best man.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's thoughts on Federer switching racket from a 90" to a 98"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Murray wouldn't be asked, neither would he do it.

There rivalry has now become the pinnacle of the sport as of late. Whilst their friendship has eroded, their on court rivalry and respect has risen.

It would just be awkward to ask the guy that declined you two slams and a chance to win Silver or Gold to be your best man.
    Yeah, they used to be mates but now its more of a professional relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Yeah, they used to be mates but now its more of a professional relationship.
    Exactly. It was pretty cosy when they were junior level, but now being the big #1 and #2 it's just too awkward to say they are the best of friends.

I'm sure once this whole shindig is over and they've both retired they would probably be sharing laughs in the Royal Box in 10-20 years time.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.