Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Never knew you were a Muslim. Where are you from mate?
    Well i was born here and am Pakistani. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Well i was born here and am Pakistani. How about you?
    Same as you mate except I was born in Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nice
    I'm from Pakistan as well. Yeh!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    I'm from Pakistan as well. Yeh!.
    Whereabouts? I haven't been to Pakistan for years I live in Mirpur there.

ReputationRep:
    Haha you guys must agree that Asia should produce more quality tennis players, India have Paes, Bopanna, Bhupathi, Mirza, but really I don't understand why tennis is not promoted at all in sub continent and south east Asia. Especially considering they're good at Cricket, Hockey, Badminton etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slayer12)
    Haha you guys must agree that Asia should produce more quality tennis players, India have Paes, Bopanna, Bhupathi, Mirza, but really I don't understand why tennis is not promoted at all in sub continent and south east Asia. Especially considering they're good at Cricket, Hockey, Badminton etc
    I agree, whereas india has these player, they mainly play doubles anyway. I think the is a need for more single players from asia, if I ever get an opportunity to play, I will most definately play for Pakistan, becoming the first everto play international tennis.

But yeah, it would be much interesting. I think tennis itself is promoted more in european countries and america.

ReputationRep:
    So if am Pakistani and i was born in UK and i became a professional tennis player which team do i play for England or Pakistan? Could i chose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    So if am Pakistani and i was born in UK and i became a professional tennis player which team do i play for England or Pakistan? Could i chose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can choose if you have dual citizenship, I might be wrong but if your parents were born in Pakistani and you were born here then it means you have dual citizenship. Don't know about you but I'd choose the country I've lived in for most of my life and identify as.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Federer almost gave me a heart attack today. He still needs weeks to get used to the new racket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slayer12)
    Because it's all about cricket over there which I don't quite understand. Tennis is miles better than cricket but still all they care about is cricket. So boring!

ReputationRep:
    Federer almost gave me a heart attack today. He still needs weeks to get used to the new racket.
    I'll summarise:

Good first set - good serving, no shanks at all, composed in the tie-break

Second set: exact opposite. Lot of shanks and disinterested returns, a few good shots and wtf was going on with that jumper?!

Third set: poor at the start, gave away two breaks of serve, but played cleanly overall and was brilliant in the big moments. Served out to love, which is good.

So, it's still a consistency issue.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's all about cricket over there which I don't quite understand. Tennis is miles better than cricket but still all they care about is cricket. So boring!
    Which sport is better will always be a personal opinion, but they have large numbers of people over there, hence no reason why talent should not be able to emerge over time, if facilities and coaches are in place. Btw I was talking about South East Asia as well, where neither cricket nor tennis are widely played

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I'll summarise:

Good first set - good serving, no shanks at all, composed in the tie-break

Second set: exact opposite. Lot of shanks and disinterested returns, a few good shots and wtf was going on with that jumper?!

Third set: poor at the start, gave away two breaks of serve, but played cleanly overall and was brilliant in the big moments. Served out to love, which is good.

So, it's still a consistency issue.
    I just hope Fed didn't hurt his back but that jumper was classic LOL though.

ReputationRep:
    And Fabio Fognini makes it through to the Hamburg final with a win over 2nd seed Almagro. Tipsarevic, meanwhile carries on losing - how on earth he managed to reach the Top 8 is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Federer's new outfit?

Name:  fedvest.png
Views: 41
Size:  291.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Tipsarevic, meanwhile carries on losing - how on earth he managed to reach the Top 8 is beyond me.
    Its a shame because I like tipsy as a player. However he has been pretty non existing since the world tour finals, as if it finished him - he was so bloody poor and frustrating against Troicki at Wimbledon!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I'm correct on this but if Anderson wins in Bogota I think it will be the first time ever there isn't an American in the ATP top 20.

ReputationRep:
    Federer loses to Delbonis in two-tiebreak sets. He didn't play badly, but he was too conservative at times and allowed Delbonis to play his absolute best tennis and dictate a lot of points. On to Gstaad next week - needs to get more practice in, although I would have much preferred for him to play a warm-up hard court tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Please retire Federer or give it your all. It's so depressing seeing him lose to players outside the top 100. What has gone wrong in the space of 6 months? Until the AO this year, he was fine but it has been a downhill slope since then. Fix up Roger!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.