Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    I'd say he could win either of Montreal and Cincinnati and the US Open. I don't think he'll win the lot.
    It would be very interesting if he did; it would mean that the Big 4 all together would have covered the entire season with streaks.
    Djokovic's 2011 43-match streak was from the Davis Cup/AO throughout the 1st half of the season until the French Open, where he lost to Federer.
    Nadal's 2008 30-something streak was from Monte Carlo up till Cincinnati, where he lost to Djokovic
    Federer's 2006/2007 41-match streak was from the US Open 2006 up till Indian Wells 2007, where he suffered a shock loss against Canas

So the only small stretch that's not been covered is between the Rogers Cup and just after the US Open

ReputationRep:
    Tennis fans?!? Why hello :chaplin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Hiya :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Welcome :waffo:

ReputationRep:
    Murray is throwing in quite a lot of DFs today, just the conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    It would be very interesting if he did; it would mean that the Big 4 all together would have covered the entire season with streaks.
    Djokovic's 2011 43-match streak was from the Davis Cup/AO throughout the 1st half of the season until the French Open, where he lost to Federer.
    Nadal's 2008 30-something streak was from Monte Carlo up till Cincinnati, where he lost to Djokovic
    Federer's 2006/2007 41-match streak was from the US Open 2006 up till Indian Wells 2007, where he suffered a shock loss against Canas

So the only small stretch that's not been covered is between the Rogers Cup and just after the US Open
    Guess what I found Nadal apparently let Murray win a practice 6-0 set against him on clay to make murray happy. Sick Guy. "“Practice is important for yourself. In practice you want to be kind of selfish, work on your own things,” Murray said. “Whether it has a bearing on the result of a practice set…I mean I beat Rafa in a practice set in Madrid 6-0 on the clay. If (he laughed) I played him in a match, there’s absolutely no chance that’s going to happen. It doesn’t have that much relevance so long as you get out of it what you need to.”

source -
    http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UgJ8KZLVBv8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Guess what I found Nadal apparently let Murray win a practice 6-0 set against him on clay to make murray happy. Sick Guy. "“Practice is important for yourself. In practice you want to be kind of selfish, work on your own things,” Murray said. “Whether it has a bearing on the result of a practice set…I mean I beat Rafa in a practice set in Madrid 6-0 on the clay. If (he laughed) I played him in a match, there’s absolutely no chance that’s going to happen. It doesn’t have that much relevance so long as you get out of it what you need to.”

source -
    http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UgJ8KZLVBv8
    Good grief. Some of the comments on that article are simply astonishing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I know but i cant stop laughing why did Rafa let Murray win against him 6-0 on clay, so murray can know how it feels to win on clay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I read them! In many ways, this society is the best tennis discussion forum I or anyone could ask for - everyone's friendly, intelligent and respects each others' views. That is not the case on TT, menstennisforums, or Bleacher Report, or even that one, where several teenage, pre-pubescent trolls lurk, waiting to pounce on the words of players (even more so than the media!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I know but i cant stop laughing why did Rafa let Murray win against him 6-0 on clay, so murray can know how it feels to win on clay?
    I think Murray's taken a set off Nadal on clay (in 2011, not sure where), but Nadal hates being bagelled on clay in an actual match. We could see this year, against Djokovic and Gulbis, how desperately he tried to avoid it

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I read them! In many ways, this society is the best tennis discussion forum I or anyone could ask for - everyone's friendly, intelligent and respects each others' views. That is not the case on TT, menstennisforums, or Bleacher Report, or even that one, where several teenage, pre-pubescent trolls lurk, waiting to pounce on the words of players (even more so than the media!)
    Especially Talktennis makes me Sick.

ReputationRep:
    I think Murray's taken a set off Nadal on clay (in 2011, not sure where), but Nadal hates being bagelled on clay in an actual match. We could see this year, against Djokovic and Gulbis, how desperately he tried to avoid it
    Aye, it was in Monte Carlo. 47 More long minutes until we get to see Rafa. God am so happy.

ReputationRep:
    Canadians ruining my draw... players whose names I can't pronoune are dangerous ((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Murray through in straight sets; Rafa's turn to face the music now.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's match is only in it's 7th game and the match has already been going on for 40 minutes. Federer can finish a match in this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Nadal's match is only in it's 7th game and the match has already been going on for 40 minutes. Federer can finish a match in this time.
    Typical Nadal wasting time between points. It irritates me that he often breaks the time violations. The umpires should be far harsher on it, it allows time for recovery. Just like AO 2012, 6 hours or so, quite a lot of that was excess waiting and time wasting..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who thinks Murray will fail to defend his US Open?

His win at Wimbledon was great (can't fault him in the final) but he played nowhere near the standard of the Djokovic vs Del Potro semi-final.and Djokovic has won their last 3 hard court matches since the US Open. While he has a great shot at the final and Federer may not have bounced back Del Potro as inconsistent as he is had a forehand in Washington that was (and i'm serious when i say this) unreturnable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Typical Nadal wasting time between points. It irritates me that he often breaks the time violations. The umpires should be far harsher on it, it allows time for recovery. Just like AO 2012, 6 hours or so, quite a lot of that was excess waiting and time wasting..
    Na they should go back to 40 second break 20seconds seems far too short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Am i the only one who thinks Murray will fail to defend his US Open?

His win at Wimbledon was great (can't fault him in the final) but he played nowhere near the standard of the Djokovic vs Del Potro semi-final.and Djokovic has won their last 3 hard court matches since the US Open. While he has a great shot at the final and Federer may not have bounced back Del Potro as inconsistent as he is had a forehand in Washington that was (and i'm serious when i say this) unreturnable.
    Murray vs Delpo US open would be a great match if it happens am expecting the victor in 5 sets.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    So Glad that Rafa got through. Him and Ferrer are two of my favourite players on tour due to their modesty. I would love a Rafa/Del potro or Rafa/ Murray final. Especially the latter, they haven't played in 2 years. It'll be interesting to see how they both do, I'd give the edge to Nadal.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.