Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Djokovic out not Murray lets hope djoker goes out too.

ReputationRep:
    Something I've learnt: Never put money on Murray if he has came back from a big break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Something I've learnt: Never put money on Murray if he has came back from a big break.
    Hes 13 win-streak is also gone. Gone for good. Never to return this year?

ReputationRep:
    Not too concerned by this loss. Murray played poorly in Canada/Cincy last year and still went on to win the US Open. He'll be a bit concerned by the sub-par serving performance but I'm sure he'll step it up next week.

ReputationRep:
    He could put USO and Shanghai-Tokyo together.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Djokovic becomes the next in line as "favourite" for the title. Del Potro could reach the final.

I have a feeling Murray and Federer will do well at Cincinnati

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Well, Djokovic becomes the next in line as "favourite" for the title. Del Potro could reach the final.

Do you think Delpo or Murray have a good chance of winning WTF?

ReputationRep:
    They both have the game to win it, assuming Federer is still declining and Murray has a typically tough close 3 setter. Delpo if he is on fire with his forehand and serve, then he is hard to stop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

I expect that Federer will be very edgy at firrst because of the confidence knock (new racket or not, 3 losses to nobody's) however if a half decent player were to gift him a win then we could see something of interest for the SF/F (if he reaches that far).

(Original post by ubi1)
    Murray and Nadal have no chance there but i suppose Del Potro has a chance. I expect Fed and Djokovic to fight it out again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Del Potro has a good chance at the WTF, but Murray historically has not managed to break through and has been beaten by pretty much everyone there.

Federer, Djokovic, Del Potro and maybe Tsonga seem to be the front-runners for that events, but then again it all depends on form closer to the time.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Gulbis saved us from another Murrovic borefest. Come on Delpo and Rafa. Take the title.

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Pospisil. The bottom half of the draw is a bit of a joke now.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how Nadal got time violation and 4 seconds later game set match.

ReputationRep:
    Has Nadal withdrawn from the doubles match?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Has Nadal withdrawn from the doubles match?
    Don't say that has he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Don't say that has he?
    The OOP on the rogers cup website says that it was a w/o.
    http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/orderOfPlay6.php
    Speaking of doubles, Murray/Fleming are currently a set and a break up, seems like Murray is focusing on his doubles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Speaking of doubles, Murray/Fleming are currently a set and a break up, seems like Murray is focusing on his doubles.
    Oh well atleast we get to see Djokovic play and Delpo is playing now 2/1 Raonic on serve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Yeah, he better, after that singles performance. The only worse match I can remember of his this year was at Monte Carlo.

I have no doubt he'll perform again when we come to the US Open though, so for me he's still the No. 1 favourite

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he better, after that singles performance. The only worse match I can remember of his this year was at Monte Carlo.

I have no doubt he'll perform again when we come to the US Open though, so for me he's still the No. 1 favourite
    Yeah, it seemed like a lack of effort more than anything. I mean just look at his form before the US Open last year, it isn't really indicative of anything.

ReputationRep:
    Murray seems to be focusing more on the majors, which is smart, but that won't get him to number 1.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.