Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Baby Fed vs Fed has it ever happened before or would it be the first time.
    Would be the first ever time - Dimitrov has played Nadal, Murray and Djokovic. Federer is the only one left to play, but to even meet Roger he has to beat Nadal (not happening)

ReputationRep:
    Murray looking strong against Benneteau. Cincy is playing a fair bit faster than Montreal was and it suits his game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Would be the first ever time - Dimitrov has played Nadal, Murray and Djokovic. Federer is the only one left to play, but to even meet Roger he has to beat Nadal (not happening)
    I don't think it's out of the question considering that he pushed Nadal all the way at Monte Carlo. Well, at least I hope so. I don't relish the opportunity to see the old man get another whipping from Nadal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    I don't think it's out of the question considering that he pushed Nadal all the way at Monte Carlo. Well, at least I hope so. I don't relish the opportunity to see the old man get another whipping from Nadal.
    There is a possibility Nadal could have a really off-day

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel that Bartoli's retirement seems a little premature? She's cited injuries as her major reason for calling it a day but so soon after winning Wimbledon, this is a real loss to the women's game. I'd have liked to see her make this decision at the end of the season. Biggest surprise since Henin retired first time in 2008.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    Anyone else feel that Bartoli's retirement seems a little premature? She's cited injuries as her major reason for calling it a day but so soon after winning Wimbledon, this is a real loss to the women's game. I'd have liked to see her make this decision at the end of the season. Biggest surprise since Henin retired first time in 2008.
    It is a real shame, but Bartoli has been a great example of perseverance over the last several years, and who knows, she may well be back if she feels that she's retiring prematurely.

ReputationRep:
    Bartoli was one hell of a shock. Wouldn't surprise me if she does a U-turn sooner or later.

Baby Fed vs. Fed will only happen if Nadal's knee plays up. Not likely.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps Bartoli got exposed for taking drugs and WTA and she thought that best way to cover this all up is for Marion to quietly walk away from the sport and not damage the name and image of tennis. Although, I think that's very unlikely, but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa breaks 2/1 Vamos!

ReputationRep:
    Murray looking good against Benneteau who really didn't start getting into the match until the 2nd set, Federer played well in the 3rd especially in the game where he decisively broke Haas at the end but tbh Haas massively chocked in the 2nd to allow Federer back in.

Also just can't see Dimitrov beating Nadal but anything is possible,,.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa looking hurt. Federer better take note to cripple those knees even if he ends up getting beaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Rafa looking hurt. Federer better take note to cripple those knees even if he ends up getting beaten.
    Is he? I saw him bend over and grab his knees a bit but he looks ok so far.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa looking good against Dimitrov, takes first set 6-2

ReputationRep:
    Why do the commentators and the media still hype Fedal match? Those days are long gone where these guys would have a competitive match. Now, Roger's age catching up to him, it's nothing but a humiliating beatdown for him.

ReputationRep:
    Why do the commentators and the media still hype Fedal match? Those days are long gone where these guys would have a competitive match. Now, Roger's age catching up to him, it's nothing but a humiliating beatdown for him.
    Nadal may tank just needs the excuse of losing to a good player.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Grigor! You want a match with your daddy, don't you? Keep fighting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal may tank just needs the excuse of losing to a good player.
    He choked the second set away.

ReputationRep:
    He choked the second set away.
    I think he maybe tanking for the US open doesn't feel like he wants to play Federer.

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov is even starting to shank like Federer. Baby Fed indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Dimitrov is even starting to shank like Federer. Baby Fed indeed.
    He learnt everything from Papa Fed and Mama Maria.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.