Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Don't know about that but did the "Baby" put up a better fight against Rafa or did "Papa"?
    I'd say Papa.
    In the 1st set and right up to the point where Rafa broke Roger to win the 2nd set, Federer was easily the better player. But then as always against Nadal, Roger suffered a mental lapse and made the worst possible start to the deciding set. I can't believe what a poor drive volley he played at 30-40, which allowed Nadal to break him by hitting his trademark passes. He should have let the ball bounce first. He played well to save those 3 match points but in the end, he wasn't consistent enough, but definite good signs for Federer fans.

And Nadal not looking as good as he was last week. Perhaps, feeling the effects of a long season. Berdman or Delpo or even Isner can take him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    In the 1st set and right up to the point where Rafa broke Roger to win the 2nd set, Federer was easily the better player. But then as always against Nadal, Roger suffered a mental lapse and made the worst possible start to the deciding set. I can't believe what a poor drive volley he played at 30-40, which allowed Nadal to break him by hitting his trademark passes. He should have let the ball bounce first. He played well to save those 3 match points but in the end, he wasn't consistent enough, but definite good signs for Federer fans.

And Nadal not looking as good as he was last week. Perhaps, feeling the effects of a long season. Berdman or Delpo or even Isner can take him out.
    Rafa is now playing Big Servers/Hitters on their preferred surface so he is no longer the favorite. Delpo would hit him out with his forehand and Rafa won't be able to defend as good due to court speed, also he could get served out of the court by isner. He needs to play the way he played in Montreal.

ReputationRep:
    Seen the highlights. Good win for Nadal, he's got a great shot for the title now, only Del Potro can realistically beat him. A very competitive match actually, so a lot of positives for Federer to take out of this It's probably Roger's "best loss" since the one to Murray at the AO, so there are signs that he could do well in the coming months. Had he played anyone else but Rafa, he may well have won nicely.

The one annoying thing is that it's taken Fed 9 years to finally work out the "right" gameplan against Rafa - had he employed this tactic much earlier, he could have won some of the important GS matches they played.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro breaks playing the percentage game. Holding serve but much less winners and unforced errors.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Isner broke back but Del Potro takes the first set tiebreak.

ReputationRep:
    Come to the net Delpo FGS.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Isner in the final. Anyone think he has a chance of winning this?

ReputationRep:
    0% unless he gets 85+ first serves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Berdych becoming a mental midget again! He was playing so well up until 5-5 (1st set), and has gifted Nadal a break of serve from nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych does not seem to have to have the mental resolve to beat the Big 4 back to back especially Nadal anymore. Credit to Isner for winning but really the Del Potro DF was just so sad to watch and I think Del Potro would have a fairly good shot of winning against Nadal, I would give Isner a small chance at most. Seems like nothing can stop Nadal from the tournament win

ReputationRep:
    Also this just popped into my head, where the hell is Top Hat?
    Seemed to be really active till just before Wimbledon...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    No clue what's happened to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    It was really strange that he didn't post during Wimbledon considering that Murray won the whole thing and Federer went out early. I thought he would have been all over that.

NattyB stopped posting around about the same time too.:holmes:.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych isn't gonna beat his idol, now is he?

ReputationRep:
    Berdych has broken, but knowing him he'll gift it back at some point...

EDIT: And, right on queue!

ReputationRep:
    Berdych has been wearing this same boring white shirt forever now. It's perhaps time to try out different colours Tomas.

ReputationRep:
    This has been a high quality match throughout. This is the toughest match Berdych has given Rafa in years. Rafa's forehand in particular has been absolutely devastating today, so many winners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    This has been a high quality match throughout. This is the toughest match Berdych has given Rafa in years. Rafa's forehand in particular has been absolutely devastating today, so many winners.
    Their best one since AO 2012. It was clear after Djokovic exited that Rafa's "hardest" match would be against Federer. He always plays well against Berdych and has an enormous win-streak against him, and Isner should not be a threat in the final.

ReputationRep:
    Good effort by Berdych. Rafa just take care of your first few matches nice and quickly in New York because boy have you got a good chance with nobody else in great rhythm!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Rafa just keeps going. I guess lucky to only meet Novak once in this run and have "easy" finals but hes been winning the matches that he is supposed to.
    Rafa should surely win it now, producing some potential interesting semis at the US Open, Novak vs Andy or Rafa vs Andy.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.