Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Could be, Fed would have to be in Ferrer's quarter and then beat him.
    That shouldn't be too hard for Fed as he is 14-0 against him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Federer can certainly beat Ferrer if that's any consolation for him. Forget the H2H for now, but Ferrer has also been rapidly declining on hard courts since the beginning of the year. After Miami, he's lost quite early at Montreal and Cincinnati to players he would not have lost to. Both are low on confidence, but Fed appears to be getting some back so if they both make it to the QFs at Flushing Meadows, he should win that.
    If Nadal wins US open he will become the only player to win the Clay slam, Grass slam and Hard slam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    If Nadal wins US open he will become the only player to win the Clay slam, Grass slam and Hard slam.
    What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    What does that mean?
    Hard slam meaning winning Montreal-cincy-us open or Aussie open - IW- MI.

ReputationRep:
    What does that mean?
    Typical garbage from the fan boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of a Fedal QF draw at the US Open? It has happened at a lot of the tournaments it has been possible this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    What are the chances of a Fedal QF draw at the US Open? It has happened at a lot of the tournaments it has been possible this year.
    Hope it doesn't happen. I hope the Quarter-Finals are like this:

Djokovic vs Berdych
    Federer vs Ferrer

Murray vs Wawrinka
    Nadal vs Del Potro

This could get us a Fed-Djoko semi and a Murray-Nadal semi, and then any final combination is possible.

ReputationRep:
    Hope it doesn't happen. I hope the Quarter-Finals are like this:

Djokovic vs Berdych
    Federer vs Ferrer

Murray vs Wawrinka
    Nadal vs Del Potro

This could get us a Fed-Djoko semi and a Murray-Nadal semi, and then any final combination is possible.
    This would be great except I rather have a Fed-Djoko QF and Fed-Ferrer semi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    This would be great except I rather have a Fed-Djoko QF and Fed-Ferrer semi.
    That wouldn't be bad either. I'd prefer it, however, if we could build up Fed's confidence with his first win over a "Top 4" player this season who he knows he can beat in his sleep, before facing the World No. 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Lol, this is fanboyism at it's very peak. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watching the womens final? This tiebreak is quality.

ReputationRep:
    That wouldn't be bad either. I'd prefer it, however, if we could build up Fed's confidence with his first win over a "Top 4" player this season who he knows he can beat in his sleep, before facing the World No. 1
    If he can somehow get through Nole in QFs, then Federer can beat Ferrer in straights regardless of his fatigue and so preserving his energy for the final. However, if Fed-Nole previous matches at the US Open are anything to go by, expect another long 4-5 set thriller and if that match happens in the SFs and Federer somehow scrapes through, he has got no chance against Nadal or Murray, because if he is to ever beat any of the top guys again, he has to be absolutely fit and healthy and full of energy. I don't wanna see him take another Olympic like thrashing again.

ReputationRep:
    This is the 2nd time Vika has beaten Serena this year and considering how close she came last year to beating Serena at the US Open in the final, she has to be the co-favorite with Williams.

Maria otoh is hopeless against Serena.

ReputationRep:
    Wait... Azarenka won? Wow. Women's US Open could also be interesting now!

ReputationRep:
    I think one of the factors in why Nadal is playing so well is that he is fresh mentally and physically after a long break, missing the AO and going out early at Wimbledon. So I think next year if to play well at the AO and Wimbldon g deep into the tournaments and also defend all the other points he has amassed would just be asking for too much from him as a player and his knees. So it is inevitable that he will lose ranking points and drop further down. Furthermore I don't think he will make too many points between Us Open and WTF. I would not be surprised if he took a long break between those 2 and missed the Asian swing.
    As for Murray and Djokovic I think the early exits are good for them to work on a few wrinkles in their games. For the US Open I think Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Del Potro should go in as joint favourites closely followed by Federer. Also really hope Federer does not get any other members of the Big 3 in his quarter and gets Ferrer.

As for Azarenka-Willams very tipsy curvy match and this is a decent rivalry unfolding but still think Serena should go in as heavy favourite into USO

ReputationRep:
    Got my first match of my first tournament today, since the 1st week of July - really fortunate that its coming just before the US Open, so I can sit down and watch TV next week.

ReputationRep:
    Lost 4-6 6-0 7-5 to my friend yesterday

I served for the match at 5-4 in the final set too went to pieces in the second set when my serve deserted me totally and by the end I wanted to conserve energy for the third set.

Just need to improve my serve, it's improving every time I play overall but is liable to go awol during matches i.e. the whole second set yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Won 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 yesterday and came through 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 this morning, so pretty pleased with that. Serving's been great, backhand is fine but my forehand is a bit of a problem.

Gonna be an interesting match good tomorrow, though - I'm playing against a friend against whom I have a 3 - 9 H2H apparently (losing to him 5 times this year)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)

I served for the match at 5-4 in the final set too went to pieces in the second set when my serve deserted me totally and by the end I wanted to conserve energy for the third set.

Just need to improve my serve, it's improving every time I play overall but is liable to go awol during matches i.e. the whole second set yesterday
    Oh dear, that's unlucky How often do you work on your serve normally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)

Unlucky, last time I played was a few weeks ago and lost 6-4 6-3 (though fought off 7 match points). The trouble I have is getting a reliable second serve without tapping the ball over at super slow speeds. When you've missed a few serves in a row, take a moment to just calm down, bounce the ball a bit, have a look at the exact spot you want to aim for and through the ball nice and high.

I often find that the serve messes when the ball toss goes behind me or not high enough - it's normally the cause of messing up a serve!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.