Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    That's an awful draw for Murray and Djokovic. I don't get why seeds 1 and 3 are mostly always matched up with each other in slams (not to mention the two finalists last year)... wouldn't it make more sense for 1 and 4 on half, and then 2 and 3 on the other?

Djokovic potentially has to face Del Potro, Murray and then Nadal. Can't see him winning in his current form tbh. Nadal has a great shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    That's an awful draw for Murray and Djokovic. I don't get why seeds 1 and 3 are mostly always matched up with each other in slams (not to mention the two finalists last year)... wouldn't it make more sense for 1 and 4 on half, and then 2 and 3 on the other?

Djokovic potentially has to face Del Potro, Murray and then Nadal. Can't see him winning in his current form tbh. Nadal has a great shot.
    It's theoretically random which half 3 and 4 go into.

Nadal has a very good shot indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - who the hell is updating Wikipedia?

ReputationRep:
    Murray will be gutted now he's lost the number 2 ranking. If he had Rafa's draw I'd have put him favourite to win the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Just looking at Rafa's run, he could meet Davydenko who leads their H2H, especially on hard. However, Davydenko is definitely not the player he was.
    Also, if Murray's match against Llodra is as good as his last one, it should be fun.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    It's theoretically random which half 3 and 4 go into.

Nadal has a very good shot indeed.
    Djokovic has probably the worst draw he could get at this time. He faces a guy who last beat him on a hard court and who pushed him into an epic at Wimbledon before facing last years years champion and then a Nadal who has a relatively easy draw. Worse still, all 3 are the main contenders for the tournament.

It's supposed to be random but back when Fedal was all any tournament wanted Nadal met Murray 16 out of 19 times.

ReputationRep:
    They might as well just hand over the trophy to Nadal right now. What's the point of them playing any match? Nadal will beat both Federer and Ferrer easily and will be rubbing his hands in the thought of having to playing a tired Novak or Andy. The draws are definitely fixed. I've lost count of the times Federer and Nadal were put in the same QF this season.

And how lucky is this Nadal guy? He is playing Federer at all these events, where pre 2013 Federer would have been the favourite and would have won, but Nadal was AWOL all these years. Watch them play at WTF as well and Nadal might finally get an indoor win. Nadal is a lucky opportunist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    They might as well just hand over the trophy to Nadal right now. What's the point of them playing any match? Nadal will beat both Federer and Ferrer easily and will be rubbing his hands in the thought of having to playing a tired Novak or Andy. The draws are definitely fixed. I've lost count of the times Federer and Nadal were put in the same QF this season.

And how lucky is this Nadal guy? He is playing Federer at all these events, where pre 2013 Federer would have been the favourite and would have won, but Nadal was AWOL all these years. Watch them play at WTF as well and Nadal might finally get an indoor win. Nadal is a lucky opportunist.
    Indian Wells, Wimbledon, Cincinnati and now US Open they've been put in the QFs
    This is something to do with destiny though. Either, it's clearly Rafa's tournament to win, or it's a signal from above that Roger beats Rafa for the first time in 6 years in a GS and wins against ALL the odds and then retires, or: they both go out early again.
    Tbh, though, I think Ferrer has been as lucky as hell with this. The fact that he's still in the Top 4 is ruining these draws, and he could walk into the semis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Wawrinka or gasquet seem to be next in line and both are quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they definitely are and enjoy watching them play but really like Tsongas flair and how he approaches his matches with the big players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    This is something to do with destiny though. Either, it's clearly Rafa's tournament to win, or it's a signal from above that Roger beats Rafa for the first time in 6 years in a GS and wins against ALL the odds and then retires, or: they both go out early again.
    Tbh, though, I think Ferrer has been as lucky as hell with this. The fact that he's still in the Top 4 is ruining these draws, and he could walk into the semis!
    On second glance at the draw, maybe it's not so bad for Roger after all. Rafa got Davydenko and Isner in his half and I heard that the US Open is much faster this year, so it will help. We all know about Nokolay's H2H against Nadal and Isner didn't face a single BP at CIncy, so you never know. And let's not write off Federer. I just hope Nadal loses early or is just extremely knackered by the time he faces Federer.

ReputationRep:
    On second glance at the draw, maybe it's not so bad for Roger after all. Rafa got Davydenko and Isner in his half and I heard that the US Open is much faster this year, so it will help. We all know about Nokolay's H2H against Nadal and Isner didn't face a single BP at CIncy, so you never know. And let's not write off Federer. I just hope Nadal loses early or is just extremely knackered by the time he faces Federer.
    Haha' I'm certainly not writing him off - in fact, I think he could actually win this if things work out for him!

The winner of the Bottom Quarter pretty much has a free pass to the final because the 3rd quarter is so ridiculously weak compared to the others.
    Did you notice where Raonic landed as well? He's in Ferrer's quarter, so it's his best Slam draw yet - actually, we could have one surprise finalist considering Ferrer's dip in form on the hard courts...

ReputationRep:
    This. For some reason I do think with the way Federer played against Nadal recently I think he might just beat him, if not and Isner can't manage it barring a freak Rosol event see very little chance of Nadal not reaching finql. And there he would most likely face an opponent who has just scraped past a horrendous draw whether it be Murray/Djokovic/Berdych/Del Potro and would go down as almost elephant-weight heavy favourite. Reminiscent of his 2011 run and the easy path he had then.

Yes I love Ferrer but he makes the entire draw unbalanced as he folds against the big players in slams especially Nadal. Also with the way he has been playing post FO really not the 4th best player in the world

Cant wait till it all begins:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha' I'm certainly not writing him off - in fact, I think he could actually win this if things work out for him!

The winner of the Bottom Quarter pretty much has a free pass to the final because the 3rd quarter is so ridiculously weak compared to the others.
    Did you notice where Raonic landed as well? He's in Ferrer's quarter, so it's his best Slam draw yet - actually, we could have one surprise finalist considering Ferrer's dip in form on the hard courts...
    I've a feeling JJ will beat Ferrer in the 4th round and make another semi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    This. For some reason I do think with the way Federer played against Nadal recently I think he might just beat him, if not and Isner can't manage it barring a freak Rosol event see very little chance of Nadal not reaching finql. And there he would most likely face an opponent who has just scraped past a horrendous draw whether it be Murray/Djokovic/Berdych/Del Potro and would go down as almost elephant-weight heavy favourite. Reminiscent of his 2011 run and the easy path he had then.

Yes I love Ferrer but he makes the entire draw unbalanced as he folds against the big players in slams especially Nadal. Also with the way he has been playing post FO really not the 4th best player in the world

Cant wait till it all begins:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I can't wait for this tournament to start It's all about performing when it counts now, none of the pre-tournament talk really matters.

ReputationRep:
    I've a feeling JJ will beat Ferrer in the 4th round and make another semi.
    Yeah, forgot about JJ for a sec - he's definitely a danger in that section.

ReputationRep:
    JJ, could easily go out in the first round at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    So, Andy Murray will be looking to do what Rafa, Djokovic and Del Potro have all failed to do in recent times - defend the US Open Title.

ReputationRep:
    Cuteniacki wins and in the SFs on New Haven. Here's hoping to see her lift her first title of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Is it likely Nadal could bomb out in the first/second round again a la Wimbledon? Or is that just a grass only thing he has going on? I thought hard was worse on his knees than grass? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Is it likely Nadal could bomb out in the first/second round again a la Wimbledon? Or is that just a grass only thing he has going on? I thought hard was worse on his knees than grass? :confused:
    With the way he has been playing on hard recently I would be very surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.