Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Cracking match so far between Evans and Nishikori.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    How is the speed of the courts? Is it slow or quick?
    Tbh, I can't really tell at the moment. Probably easier to say when Rafa and Roger get on court

ReputationRep:
    This Evans guy is so talented and exciting to watch. Wish he makes it his way up the rankings so I can get to see him more often on bigger tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    This Evans guy is so talented and exciting to watch. Wish he was British number 1 instead of Murray.
    How's France?

ReputationRep:
    Destroyed him.

What a result

ReputationRep:
    Caught the third set of the Evans match, brilliant win for him, in straight sets too. Very happy for him!

Laura looked inevitably rusty at the beginning but was clearly far superior and good to see her finish off the match quickly and come through

ReputationRep:
    Nadal vs Harrison on. The courts look reasonably quick this year, but can't see much difference compared to last year. The advantage for the players today is that there seems to be very little wind near Arthur Ashe, and that allows the serves to zip through off the surface.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    How's France?
    What do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    In ten years I might be more excited for the legends tour than the atp tour. Fed/nadal/muzza/nole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My eleven game accumulator came through last night, put all the winnings on to today's, betting on wins for:

Kvitova
    Raonic
    Wozniacki
    Federer
    Stosur
    Petkovic
    R. Vinci
    Janowicz
    Berdych

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonSky)
    Why do you not like Nadal? I thought you hated Andy Murray? Or maybe that was the other guy...
    the are both arrogant as hell soo they are hate-able

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedsixthforme)
    Murray isn't arrogant though, which is why I'm starting to like him. On court, he may have a temper, but off it, he is about as genuine and humble as they come.

ReputationRep:
    Since when is Nadal "arrogant"? He only seemed that way in his young days because his English was not as good as it is now, so he could not find the right words to express himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Since when is Nadal "arrogant"? He only seemed that way in his young days because his English was not as good as it is now, so he could not find the right words to express himself.
    Couldn't agree more. He's the nicest guy out of the 'big four', IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see Nadals shot? My god.

Shot of the tournament already. :coma:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Anyone see Nadals shot? My god.

Shot of the tournament already. :coma:
    It was amazing, couldn't believe he managed it at first
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedsixthforme)
    Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.

Rather i like Federer, Nadal and Del Potro for how they play and dislike Djokovic and Murray for being bland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.

Rather i like Federer, Nadal and Del Potro for how they play and dislike Djokovic and Murray for being bland.
    Same I don't give a crap how arrogant they are. Most of the greats had a little mean/arrogant side to them which made them so good. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and all that.

Can understand the boring label and that.

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's back from the dead....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Guess who's back from the dead....
    MATE, where have you been? You've missed a fair amount

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.