Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I swear to GOD i predicted this Djokovic to face Delpo in quarters and Mr Nads vs Mr Feds in Quarters for the first time ever!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Janowicz lost in straight sets today - disappointing, to say the least. I really thought he could break through and make another semi-final here.

ReputationRep:
    So Janowicz and Dimitrov out, the former had a long chat with trainer. But yes it's a shame as Janowicz had a relatively open draw, and Dimitrov really needs to go deep in a GS for once...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    MATE, where have you been? You've missed a fair amount
    I was on a holiday to Dubai with Fam, so nice to see my results and i've just read your comments about the US open Draw so happy for Rafa. Davedenko OMG! 6/6 FINALLY? HAHAHA i though Davedenko may retire and keep his prestigious record then again he may not even face Rafa to keep the H2H positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I was on a holiday to Dubai with Fam, so nice to see my results and i've just read your comments about the US open Draw so happy for Rafa. Davedenko OMG! 6/6 FINALLY? HAHAHA i though Davedenko may retire and keep his prestigious record then again he may not even face Rafa to keep the H2H positive.
    Nadal will probably level the H2H if Davy makes it through to the 3rd Round. Davy's not the player he once was, and Nadal is playing some great tennis right now.

Yeah, I was a little bit annoyed with the draw Great draw for Rafa though. Then again, there are 3 really good prospective quarter-finals, so I can't really complain if everyone gets to that stage!

How was the holiday, btw?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal will probably level the H2H if Davy makes it through to the 3rd Round. Davy's not the player he once was, and Nadal is playing some great tennis right now.

Yeah, I was a little bit annoyed with the draw Great draw for Rafa though. Then again, there are 3 really good prospective quarter-finals, so I can't really complain if everyone gets to that stage!

How was the holiday, btw?
    Really nice stayed in Burj al Khalifa the tallest bloody building/hotel in the world. Dubai is such a luxurious place to visit. 20 years ago it was nothing. But now probably the best place to visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Really nice stayed in Burj al Khalifa the tallest bloody building/hotel in the world. Dubai is such a luxurious place to visit. 20 years ago it was nothing. But now probably the best place to visit.
    The Burj? Awesome! Must be a great place for a holiday, I'll definitely visit when I get the chance.

ReputationRep:
    The Burj? Awesome! Must be a great place for a holiday, I'll definitely visit when I get the chance.
    Yep but i gotta tell ya it costs a bomb its really expensive staying there.

ReputationRep:
    Zemlja's Plan A of all-out aggression isn't working, and he doesn't seem to have a Plan B either. The crowd have not had an opportunity to get into this match at all.

ReputationRep:
    Federer played well. Serve and volleying were definitely clicking, although Zamlja played pretty poorly and Federer wasn't allowed to have much fun out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Guess who's back from the dead....
    Did you catch any of the tennis in Dubai?

ReputationRep:
    Such a cringey interview with Fed on court after the match. "What is your message for the children, the future...". He's not the Dalai Lama for ****'s sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Did you catch any of the tennis in Dubai?
    Na i was out and about in Palm Jumeirah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    It was amazing, couldn't believe he managed it at first
    It was astonishing - that was literally the third or fourth point of the tournament and he's already hit one of the shots of the tournament!

ReputationRep:
    Great to see Venus win. I love the fact that she continues to play despite having a pretty horrible couple of years.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Perhaps i'm wierd but i've never remotely cared about how arrogant a player is, they are not my friends so it does not matter.
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Same I don't give a crap how arrogant they are. Most of the greats had a little mean/arrogant side to them which made them so good. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and all that.
    I completely agree with you two.

ReputationRep:
    Play has been suspended at the US Open for quite a while now.

Poor Andy Murray - he's really being screwed over now. Wimbledon 2007-like rain, anyone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Play has been suspended at the US Open for quite a while now.

Poor Andy Murray - he's really being screwed over now. Wimbledon 2007-like rain, anyone?
    He's not on until at least midnight anyway i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    He's not on until at least midnight anyway i think.
    At this rate, he may not even get to go on court until tomorrow, at which point Rafa and Roger would be ready to play their Round 2 matches.

Not really the way to treat a defending champion, methinks. At Wimbledon, the previous year's champ plays at 1pm on Centre on Day 1 itself, so I'm a little puzzled as to why the top half of the draw did not play first?

ReputationRep:
    At this rate, he may not even get to go on court until tomorrow, at which point Rafa and Roger would be ready to play their Round 2 matches.

Not really the way to treat a defending champion, methinks. At Wimbledon, the previous year's champ plays at 1pm on Centre on Day 1 itself, so I'm a little puzzled as to why the top half of the draw did not play first?
    Wimbledon method definitely seems more fair but thinking about that probably won't do Murray any favours, he's just gonna have to concentrate on the task at hand :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wimbledon method definitely seems more fair but thinking about that probably won't do Murray any favours, he's just gonna have to concentrate on the task at hand :/
    Yeah, he'll be fine anyway - this scheduling will only affect his first 2/3 rounds, which he should clear quite comfortably. It would be far worse if he were to experience problems like this in the Quarters or Semis.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.