The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roger1
Lol, Roger has already discredited the weak era theory by becoming number 1 last year. If Federer was still in his peak (2004-07), he would still be number 1.

And don't bother to reply, because you ain't getting no answer from me clown.

Unnecessary, and too bad because I'm going to. And I doubt you have the balls to ignore me because you're just a Fedtard trying to retroactively justify everything around the fact Federer only dominated before the real competition came along.

Besides, where in my post was I talking about Federer? I was talking about the current era.Consider yourself on the ignore list.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7821
That was really surprising. I thought Del Potro was really in with a shot of winning the whole thing considering how well he played in Wimbledon with an injury.

Djokovic's chances have slightly increased, but I don't think he'll win. He doesn't look quite right strangely, and I don't think he can beat both Murray and Nadal in a row if it gets to that stage with the way both of them are playing.

Murray has still got a tough draw but I think he can do it. Nadal has the easiest draw imo provided he can get past Federer. Ferrer in the semi is practically a doormat to the finals.
Berdych or Wawrinka can trouble Murray. But Murray is better in best of 5 as of late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sirocco11
Unnecessary, and too bad because I'm going to. And I doubt you have the balls to ignore me because you're just a Fedtard trying to retroactively justify everything around the fact Federer only dominated before the real competition came along.

Such a stupid post.
Reply 7824
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Such a stupid post.

What else can you expect from a Nadaltard?
Reply 7825

Besides, where in my post was I talking about Federer? I was talking about the current era.Consider yourself on the ignore list.

So why did Federer went back to number 1 last year if he was really a weak champion? Idiot.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Such a stupid post.

Ooh sorry if my opinion offends you but you don't have the right to call it stupid because you agree with Roger1. It's patently obvious who you support. Really funny how easy it is to rile you blinkered Fed fans up.

There are lots of people who agree with me so feel free to call all of their posts stupid.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ooh sorry if my opinion offends you but you don't have the right to call it stupid because you agree with Roger1. It's patently obvious who you support. Really funny how easy it is to rile you blinkered Fed fans up.

There are lots of people who agree with me so feel free to call all of their posts stupid.

Aye, Sampras just rolled over for Federer didn't he? Hewitt was terrible back in the day too.

Oh ****, wait, they were both good players. + many more. It was a stupid opinion to have!
Original post by MJK91
Aye, Sampras just rolled over for Federer didn't he? Hewitt was terrible back in the day too.

Oh ****, wait, they were both good players. + many more. It was a stupid opinion to have!

Oh Sampras, who was close to retirement, yes? Sampras was well on the decline at the time and they never played at their respective peaks. Hewitt, while a very talented player, was never in the league of Federer or the current top 4.

+ Many more? Who? Safin? Mercurial but not consistent enough to pose a threat everywhere. Ferrero, Moya? Not in the same league.

How about I call your opinion stupid? You may not like it but it's the opinion I have. I thought there would be more respect for divergent opinions round here but obviously not.
Can you guys have a civilized discussion or i'll have to inform a mod that your filling a thread with crap.

For the record i agree with Roger (and yes i am Fed fan) however it's because what people fail to take into account is that Fed was nowhere near as good until Nadal forced him to start adapting his game and by Fed's 06/07 outright peak Nadal was already on the scene.
Reply 7830
That feeling you get when the women's match that precedes the men's match goes to a third set.

Vamos McHale.
Original post by Rakas21
Can you guys have a civilized discussion or i'll have to inform a mod that your filling a thread with crap.

For the record i agree with Roger (and yes i am Fed fan) however it's because what people fail to take into account is that Fed was nowhere near as good until Nadal forced him to start adapting his game and by Fed's 06/07 outright peak Nadal was already on the scene.

Please go ahead with that since I can't say anything without my opinion being called stupid.

I'm no iconoclast and I don't hate Federer (probably the mistaken reason why I'm getting abuse), I'm merely saying Federer dominated in the absence of consistent competition. That's it. Ridiculous how much flak you get round here for saying anything remotely anti-Federer.

I agree with you though - Nadal is one of the reasons Federer had to adapt his game and improve to meet the competition which arose.

I think I have the right to call a post that I consider stupid, "stupid". It is obviously just my opinion, I'm sure you can call posts stupid if you want.

I don't think I'm blinkered, to be honest. Can you give some examples of my "blinkered" posts? Perhaps some examples of me insulting other players (hint: you probably won't be able to find any :smile: )?
(edited 10 years ago)
Why are you having arguments over who is the greater player? Is it really necessary? Why not just accept the fact that they're both two of the most talented players to ever pick up a racket. I prefer Nadal to Federer, but even Nadal has acknowledged Federer to be the greatest player of all time. Maybe in a few years Nadal will be considered the greatest of all time if he overtakes Federer in terms of Grand slams. Besides, there's substantial evidence for both players to claim the GOAT spot. So instead of arguing over pointless stuff, why not just enjoy watching them play?
Nadal = Best on clay
Federer = Best on the rest.

Think its really just that simple

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alkain1607
Why are you having arguments over who is the greater player? Is it really necessary? Why not just accept the fact that they're both two of the most talented players to ever pick up a racket. I prefer Nadal to Federer, but even Nadal has acknowledged Federer to be the greatest player of all time. Maybe in a few years Nadal will be considered the greatest of all time if he overtakes Federer in terms of Grand slams. Besides, there's substantial evidence for both players to claim the GOAT spot. So instead of arguing over pointless stuff, why not just enjoy watching them play?

There we go! I was waiting for someone to say this.

Can we just get back to talking about the US Open 2013 please?

Roger1 and Sirocco11 - please leave this argument to one side and enjoy the tennis.
(edited 10 years ago)
I hate petty arguments so I'm not going to get involved with that.

Nadal has had some inconsistent moments in this match but has been so clinical in the key moments, that break just then one of them! Love Dodig running into the boards on numerous occasions
Rafa's forehand is looking great - if you want to beat him, you need to hit the ball deep into his backhand to prevent him from being aggressive.
Reply 7838
Original post by Krish4791
Rafa's forehand is looking great - if you want to beat him, you need to hit the ball deep into his backhand to prevent him from being aggressive.

Correct. Nadal's Draw is the toughest now Isner, then Federer but what comes next in the semis is easier.:wink:
Reply 7839
Original post by Krish4791

Also did you notice how well Rafa served he had 7 love service games. I can't remember last time he had this many. He's definitely improved the serve.

Latest