Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Federer and Nadal both one match away from setting up their (potentially) epic QF.

Whoever they play in the SF is a joke. So the winner of Federer v Nadal will be in the final.

NYC have never had a Fedal match, they for sure deserve it.
    What's the point when the outcome is a foregone conclusion? Nadal as an opportunist he is gets to play Federer when the latter is clearly too old and in the worse form of his life. Not to mention, the courts are so bloody slow, so is the outcome in any doubt whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    What's the point when the outcome is a foregone conclusion? Nadal as an opportunist he is gets to play Federer when the latter is clearly too old and in the worse form of his life. Not to mention, the courts are so bloody slow, so is the outcome in any doubt whatsoever?
    Got to have faith in your man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Got to have faith in your man.
    Only to be disappointed later on.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of the schedulers putting doubles matches on Ashe this early on in the tournament?

ReputationRep:
    Federer so far is playing good. And i wouldn't say the courts are slow they are fastest courts on tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    What do you guys think of the schedulers putting doubles matches on Ashe this early on in the tournament?
    Any attempts to help raise the profile of doubles have my backing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Any attempts to help raise the profile of doubles have my backing.
    I like doubles as well. There are many good doubles matches and I think making some of the matches more high profile is good.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I agree with most of what you said, but you can't say the courts are slow - they are playing pretty quick this year. As long as big hitters can take advantage of the angles that Arthur Ashe Court offers, they can produce powerful shots at will and continue to have success.

Federer and Nadal have been the most impressive in the early rounds so far, but you gotta have some faith like me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Mate, I agree with most of what you said, but you can't say the courts are slow - they are playing pretty quick this year. As long as big hitters can take advantage of the angles that Arthur Ashe Court offers, they can produce powerful shots at will and continue to have success.

Federer and Nadal have been the most impressive in the early rounds so far, but you gotta have some faith like me
    I don't know, but they kinda look slow to me. Perhaps it's due to humid conditions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Federer so far is playing good. And i wouldn't say the courts are slow they are fastest courts on tour.
    All I wanna see is a competitive match between the two greats of the sport. Obviously, I want Federer to win, but if he makes it competitive, I'll be happy. I don't wanna see another RG 08 esque thrashing.

ReputationRep:
    Rain delayyys :argh::argh:

ReputationRep:
    All I wanna see is a competitive match between the two greats of the sport. Obviously, I want Federer to win, but if he makes it competitive, I'll be happy. I don't wanna see another RG 08 esque thrashing.
    Na its not going to be a thrashing even if it ends in straights it will be 3 tight sets.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like The Rain will be the main winner today...

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the roof can't come soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Roger will win US OPEN with the help of divine intervention?

ReputationRep:
    Rain and rain delays are the bane of tennis for me.

Yep, the roof can't come soon enough.
    I can't wait for the roof; it is much needed.

Does Rod Laver Arena have a roof?

ReputationRep:

Does Pat Rafter Arena have a roof?
    I think it does, but obviously doesn't get much use.

ReputationRep:
    I think it does, but obviously doesn't get much use.
    I meant Rod Laver Arena. I was thinking of the Brisbane tournament, when in fact I meant the Australian Open in Melbourne.

ReputationRep:
    I meant Rod Laver Arena. I was thinking of the Brisbane tournament, when in fact I meant the Australian Open in Melbourne.
    Yes, the Rod Laver Arena definitely has a roof. That takes about 15 mins to close and they don't bother regulating the air that much because the Arena is so huge, so the delay is less than that for Centre Court Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the Rod Laver Arena definitely has a roof. That takes about 15 mins to close and they don't bother regulating the air that much because the Arena is so huge, so the delay is less than that for Centre Court Wimbledon.
    I'm glad that all of them have roofs, except Roland Garros. Continuation of play is important.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.