Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I think obviously from a fan's and television's point of view rain delays are horrible and we'd all love roofs so we can constantly be watching tennis but if you get rain for a couple of days or more in a row you can end up with a huge problem of only a few players having gone through whilst the vast majority most of the draw are still waiting to play. From a fairness to players standpoint I think there's a argument to say that you have roofs on all courts or none, same as with hawk-eye.

ReputationRep:
    Roger's match moved to Louis Armstrong.

ReputationRep:
    Federer on Louis Armstrong after the Halep-Pennetta match, whilst Nadal opens the evening session on Arthur Ashe at 12am.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Haas lost to Youhzny yesterday would have been a fascinating battle against Hewitt, Kerbers match yesterday was intense.

Find it weird that Azarenka-Ivanovic got cancelled when Riske vs Hantuchova is being played as the winner of both matches are due t play each other so Azarenka Ivanovic will be at a disadvantage. And it's not like they're some bit players who no one would want to see, two Former world no 1s and the 2nd and 13th seed

Berdych looking extremely dangerous.

As for the roof as Magic Rat says great for fans but it only benefits a few players mainly the big ones. This is unfortunate as the best players are always at an advantage in terms of schedule, money for better coaches physios etc which reinforces them at the top

ReputationRep:
    Some tiebreaker by Tommy Rob there! Fed needs to find a spark though.

ReputationRep:
    Robredo takes the first set against Federer on a tiebreak. I suspect that he'll still come through this one but he'll get mauled by Nadal unless his form improves dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    Crowd applauding Robredo's Double Fault

ReputationRep:
    Tipsarevic takes second set 6-3! As much as I like Ferrer, I'd love to see Janko win this match.

ReputationRep:
    Federer is getting owned by Roberedo. LOL!

He should have retired after last year's Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Federer is getting owned by Roberedo. LOL!

He should have retired after last year's Wimbledon.
    It really is tragic seeing a 17-time grandslam winner getting pushed around by a mug like Robredo.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I was ranked in the top 25 pushing around the all time great and being called a "mug"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    It really is tragic seeing a 17-time grandslam winner getting pushed around by a mug like Robredo.
    Getting old sucks man.

ReputationRep:
    WTF, Federer is playing inconceivably bad. Continually coming into the net with weak approach shots?! :eek:

May be in his best interests to tank this so Nadal doesn't destroy him. Nadal would do terrible things to him in this form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Wish I was ranked in the top 25 pushing around the all time great and being called a "mug"
    It's all relative. Compared to the average Joe he may be revered but in the great scheme of things he is nothing. It is a stain upon Federer's legacy for him to be getting pushed around by somebody of Robredo's caliber.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Robredo in that final game of the 2nd set for coming up with some amazing shots.

As for Federer he is in deep trouble but I think if he can play like he did when Robredo served for the set for rest of this match he should scrape it in 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on Gasquet!

(Original post by Ashnard)
    It's all relative. Compared to the average Joe he may be revered but in the great scheme of things he is nothing. It is a stain upon Federer's legacy for him to be getting pushed around by somebody of Robredo's caliber.
    Yeah I do get what you mean, for Federer in the past Robredo has been a mug and you were just pointing out how far he's fallen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Come on Gasquet!

Yeah I do get what you mean, for Federer in the past Robredo has been a mug and you were just pointing out how far he's fallen.
    Right. I usually wouldn't refer to somebody like Robredo as a mug but compared to Federer (or at least Federer's reputation) he is a mug. This is a guy that Federer's owned in the past (10-0 H2H).

ReputationRep:
    How many BPs is Federer gonna miss?

ReputationRep:
    A little too much disrespectful talk about Robredo here for my liking. Easily one of the most most underrated players of the last decade, in the grand scheme of things.

(Original post by Roger1)
    Getting old sucks man.
    I was going to say that Robredo is obviously winning because he's a massive 9 months younger than Federer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They turned pro in the same year, there's no age excuse for Federer.

He's playing as **** as I have ever really seen - I can't believe he is wasting this many break points. Too unbelievable for words to express really.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.