The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8140
Original post by Xotol
These dumbasses in BBC sport don't know crap.

"It's not in Andy's control. Stan is playing the match of his life."

He played better in the AO against Novak in that 5 setter loss. Wawrinka is playing well but still making a few UE. Murray is just playing unbelievably bad. :facepalm2:

Indeed, Stan hasn't needed to play his best tennis with the way Murray is playing.
Reply 8141
Murray needs to break here urgently. Emergency time for Andrew.
Original post by Xotol
These dumbasses in BBC sport don't know crap.

"It's not in Andy's control. Stan is playing the match of his life."

He played better in the AO against Novak in that 5 setter loss. Wawrinka is playing well but still making a few UE. Murray is just playing unbelievably bad. :facepalm2:

You're kidding right, Stan had some great tennis in Oz but he had a lot of dips in that match too. Today he is at a consistently high level throughout, even if Andy has been very poor.
Reply 8143
Original post by ubi1
I don't think Wawrinka will beat Djokovic but only increase his chances of winning. OHH FFS MURRAY.:mad:

Yeah I meant that you're presuming Djokovic will beat Wawrinka, assuming he goes through.
Anyway just calm down and watch the tennis.
Reply 8144
If murray wants to win he should call upon divine intervention
Reply 8145
Original post by hskjlclcn
You're kidding right, Stan had some great tennis in Oz but he had a lot of dips in that match too. Today he is at a consistently high level throughout, even if Andy has been very poor.

He had dips because Djokovic actually showed up and did his thing. Stan has also had a lot of mini dips tonight, missing easy shots, but next point Murray just patted the ball in the middle of the court and let Stan rip those winners.

He played out of his mind in that AO match, making winners out of tough spots. Today he is just capitalising on Murray's awful performance.
Reply 8146
Murray is playing so distractedly. No Kim Sears there. Hmm?
Reply 8148
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah I meant that you're presuming Djokovic will beat Wawrinka, assuming he goes through.
Anyway just calm down and watch the tennis.

How can i watch Andy self destructing man. Please call upon divine intervention to help Murray. Please.
Reply 8149
To be fair, Wawrinka is playing so well... it was the same when Verdasco was two sets up, but I don't see how Murray can turn this around now
Can't believe Andy, the defending champion, is playing so poorly. Wow.

I mean he's played badly plenty of times but he usually picks up.
Reply 8151
At least the draws are fair on both halves now. Both Nadal and Djokovic will be fresh in the final, although Stan is a much more difficult prospect than Gasquet, especially if their AO match from this year is anything to go by.
Reply 8152
Well, the only way is up from here because Andy cannot play any worse than this.
Reply 8153
Original post by ubi1
How can i watch Andy self destructing man. Please call upon divine intervention to help Murray. Please.

Lol, I think it's safe to presume Andy's going out now. He has a lot to work on that's for sure.
Sorry Murray couldn't indirectly help Nadal, not that he needs any favours
Original post by Xotol
He had dips because Djokovic actually showed up and did his thing. Stan has also had a lot of mini dips tonight, missing easy shots, but next point Murray just patted the ball in the middle of the court and let Stan rip those winners.

He played out of his mind in that AO match, making winners out of tough spots. Today he is just capitalising on Murray's awful performance.

Yeah Novak played really well making that a great overall match, I guess what I'm getting at is Stan has just been so clinical today which in my eyes makes it a better all round performance (even against a shoddy opponent)
Reply 8155
Nole will beat Nadal in straight sets or in four.
Reply 8156
And Murray is out, seems we're denied another classic match up between Djokovic and Murray. But the way things are going who can say the tournament is done throwing up surprises
Reply 8157
Disappointing but at least I've had 2 hours to get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8158
"I'd love to call Roger Federer right now and ask if he could dream of playing at Wawrinka's level. Wawrinka is giving Andy Murray a lesson.

"It's not even a case of Murray doing things wrong. Wawrinka is doing so much right."

---

This guy is one the biggest clowns I've seen. Roger dreaming of Stan's level? He played so many years way above it! And then Murray not doing things wrong?! He was terrible!
Reply 8159
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yeah Novak played really well making that a great overall match, I guess what I'm getting at is Stan has just been so clinical today which in my eyes makes it a better all round performance (even against a shoddy opponent)

He played better in the AO match. There were moments where he played liked a God, and he has only played at a decent level today, which makes it somewhat easier to stay consistent throughout the whole match, which he wasn't during the Nole match.

Latest