The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8200
Original post by Prodigy
Spot on.

On a few other forums I have seen a lot of people say Djokovic isn't beating Nadal in the form Nadal is in.

However, Nole's level has increased a LOT, since the Montreal loss to Nadal, and he managed to take a set off high level Nadal, whilst playing a relatively low level by his standards.

People forget that the big four almost ALWAYS save their best level for these matches. And their performances in Slam matches beforehand rarely ever matter.

Exactly, Nadal's win at the French was a prime example of that. I personally hope we get a Nole/Rafa final because the way they're both playing it could be an epic and we might just get the classic GS final this season's been desperately lacking :biggrin:
Reply 8201
Original post by ubi1
Djokovic to win the US OPEN in 3 sets, no?:lol:

Lol, so I take it you're hoping your jinx will result in a Rafa straight sets win then. Guess we'll have to wait and see
Reply 8202
Original post by lizzy95
Lol, so I take it you're hoping your jinx will result in a Rafa straight sets win then. Guess we'll have to wait and see

Nvak to win 6-0 6-0 6-0. Novk is in GOD MODE!
Reply 8203
[video="youtube;7hfTDuISM4U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfTDuISM4U[/video]
Reply 8204
Original post by ubi1
[video="youtube;7hfTDuISM4U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfTDuISM4U[/video]

Now that's just embarrassing :s-smilie:
Reply 8205
I am a Janowicz fan.

That moment shows passion.

Disgusting line judging.
Reply 8206
Original post by Prodigy
I am a Janowicz fan.

That moment shows passion.

Disgusting line judging.

I know it was a bad call but that was still just a tad OTT by Janowicz. He's young though so he'll mature in time. Even Nadal and Federer have had their moments and we all know about Murray
Meh, he's the best of a bad bunch who got one lucky draw.

I'm beginning to suspect that once Djok/Murray/Del Potro finish their reign at the top in 5-10 years that we will see something similar to the gap between Sampras and Federer filled by Tomic/Raonic/Nikishori/JJ.
Reply 8208
Original post by Rakas21

I'm beginning to suspect that once Djok/Murray/Del Potro finish their reign at the top in 5-10 years that we will see something similar to the gap between Sampras and Federer filled by Tomic/Raonic/Nikishori/JJ.

Who are you referring to?
Original post by lizzy95
Who are you referring to?

Jancowicz
Reply 8210
Original post by Rakas21
Jancowicz

Oh ok. Yeah it'll be a sad day when the current top players retire. Hopefully the younger guys learn from their predecessors and step up
Reply 8211
Original post by Rakas21

Paris draw wasn't lucky.

He has plenty of potential, just needs to sort his mental attitude out, as well as shot selection
Reply 8212
Apparently Serena has lost 16 games to get to the final? Just unbelievable...
Reply 8213
Good thing they put Novak's match first on schedule, as he needs more time to recover for the final, considering Stan is a much tougher opposition than Gasquet.
If Gasquet and Stan win their SFs, Roger is 9th in the race to the ATP finals.
This is the moment Richard, seize it and prove all these doubters wrong.
Reply 8216
Original post by hskjlclcn
This is the moment Richard, seize it and prove all these doubters wrong.

I don't know why but if Gasquet beats Nadal I'd find that more shocking than Nadal's poor showings at the last two Wimbledons. I hope it's a competitive match though, seems only fair considering we're all expecting at least that for Djokovic vs Wawrinka
Reply 8217
Stan breaks 2;1, let the festivities commence!:wink:
Reply 8218
Original post by ubi1
Stan breaks 2;1, let the festivities commence!:wink:

ahh, I forgot they were playing now. :redface:
Reply 8219
Come on Djesus. Focus. We can't let Rafa win another slam.

Latest