Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    I'm hoping the 1st set was just a blip and the rest of the match is more competitive. I was really hoping for something on the lines of the AO not the Wimbledon final
    I hope stan lands in some 1st serves ffs. He going to end up chocking this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    To be honest I think the moral of the story this year is that there no longer is a big 4.
    I agree.. certianly not in the manner there has been..

fed is old..

Nadal is still great, but often injured..

Murray doesnt seem to have 100% commitment, ever since completing his life-long goal..

Djok just seems beat-able now, something he hasnt for many years.. some of the fear has gone..

It could be an exciting time for tennis! but sadly I dont see many incredible young players coming up.. so I expect through next year we will see a similar pattern, of 1 or 2 of the big4 playing well at slams/masters, whilst they take turns to not do so well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I agree.. certianly not in the manner there has been..

fed is old..

Nadal is still great, but often injured..

Murray doesnt seem to have 100% commitment, ever since completing his life-long goal..

Djok just seems beat-able now, something he hasnt for many years.. some of the fear has gone..

It could be an exciting time for tennis! but sadly I dont see many incredible young players coming up.. so I expect through next year we will see a similar pattern, of 1 or 2 of the big4 playing well at slams/masters, whilst they take turns to not do so well..
    Yeah I agree after Wimbledon I thought Del Potro could be stepping up to take Federer's place in the Big 4 but he disappointed to say the least. But yes it'll be interesting to see how tennis evolves now

ReputationRep:
    And joker breaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    And joker breaks.
    -_-

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka HOLDS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    ??

No he hasn't!
    He is a outdated troll, who believes in jinxing. Ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ He hasn't yet taken his face out of the place where the sun don't shine.

ReputationRep:
    the good thing is whoever makes the final it should be a cracker, gutted about Murray but at least be entertaining tennis to watch still!

ReputationRep:
    Another break from Wawrinka, Djokovic needs to recall his 2011 self to escape this now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    the good thing is whoever makes the final it should be a cracker, gutted about Murray but at least be entertaining tennis to watch still!
    Except Rafa is gonna steamroll through Wawrinka in straight sets. No fun in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Djokovic is now in his US OPEN GOD MODE. Stan to lose the 2nd, 3rd and 4th sets and crumble at the hands of novak
    You really need to give this routine up. It's getting boring now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Like pretty much all other grand slam mens finals then...

This tournament's been poor for usual standards. Only Nadal has been anything remotely world class.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic arguing again when he's losing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Djokovic arguing again when he's losing.
    ? He barely argued the coaching call at all.

ReputationRep:
    all we can be sure of is that murray will be loving this!

Djok faltering to warwrinka? takes the shine a bit of his dismal performance the other day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    all we can be sure of is that murray will be loving this!

Djok faltering to warwrinka? takes the shine a bit of his dismal performance the other day..
    Lets not get carried away. Stan has a history of chocking matches. Joker has a history of comming back. I wouldn't be surprised if Joker wins in 4 or 5.

ReputationRep:
    The comeback from Novak is on. Like i said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    The comeback from Novak is on. Like i said.
    How did you see that coming? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    How did you see that coming? :eek:
    Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.