Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    For me the AO was just Nadal unable to for some reason hit the peaks we see in these GS finals, because of that Djok was able to have his level drop but wasn't punished for it, and was able to get back in and win it. Nadal now is looking much more ruthless. Djok's defensive game is impenetrable at times, so I would think it will go down to how Djok can play and how Nadal can resist when he need to go on the offensive. If its over in less than 5 I think Nadal will take it.

That said, this has been a great showing from Wawrinka, and I feel a bit bad just writing Gasquet off before he even steps on court.

I might actually watch the women's final tomorrow, pretty much two of the only female players I like tbh.
    Azarenka is probably the best woman player for me, followed by Sharapova though she's weak minded. Not a fan of Serena though you have to respect her.

ReputationRep:
    Nole to win the US OPEN IN 3 SETS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Azarenka is probably the best woman player for me, followed by Sharapova though she's weak minded. Not a fan of Serena though you have to respect her.
    Yeah, I mean Serena's matches usually aren't of stellar entertainment levels but she's got some game you know she's a proper test when she's on form.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal said if he doesn't play well he will watch the final on tv.

ReputationRep:
    Gasquet's backhand > Wawrinka's backhand

Don't quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I don't know - Djokovic is certainly less consistent nowadays. Sometimes he practically goes to sleep during one set, and then he's playing incredible tennis in the next one. He can beat Nadal, but he won't be able to do it the easy way.
    What I think he's lost these past two seasons is his backhand down the line which he really destroyed Nadal with. I don't know, but he just doesn't seem like what he was before, so I think Nadal will win. But, what was reassuring is that Djokovic looks to have got his mental mojo back, he really upped his game when his back against the wall.

He needs to stop starting so slowly though. It seems like a given he'll lose the first set against Nadal. If he doesn't, I think he could really destroy Nadal, but he's always playing catchup.

ReputationRep:
    Nadals backhand looking like shyite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadals backhand looking like shyite
    What are you talking about? He's already 2-0 in the first set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    What are you talking about? He's already 2-0 in the first set.
    2-1 Now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    2-1 Now.
    Werent you a Nadal fanboy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Loyalty change now Nole fanboy

ReputationRep:
    Nadals ground strokes seem so slow.

ReputationRep:
    Gasquet has got the thirst for five setters, nobody worry ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Gasquet has got the thirst for five setters, nobody worry ...
    Why man why can't it end in 3 ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    He still is. He's just trying to "jinx" Djokovic. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    He still is. He's just trying to "jinx" Djokovic. :facepalm2:
    Am glad somebody pays attention. Good man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Why man why can't it end in 3 ffs
    Wants to make you suffer, 7-5 in the fifth for maximum effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Wants to make you suffer, 7-5 in the fifth for maximum effect.
    Your so mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Gasquet's backhand > Wawrinka's backhand

Don't quote me.
    I'm going to quote you, because IMO, Gasquet has the most technically brilliant single handed backhand in the game. Its perhaps not as effective as Federer or powerful as Wawrinka's but as a technically sound shot, its hands down the best.

Despite my double handed backhand being my best shot, I actually learned to hit a single handed backhand just because they look so cool and I've always wanted to learn one, plus its awesome for doubles.

ReputationRep:
    That's odd - Nadal has been broken for the first time in the tournament!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.