Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed for Richard that he is proving all the people who said Nadal had a "mug" draw (what a stupid statement in a Grand Slam) right in a way by not turning up with a suitable gameplan tonight.

Proud of his overall tournament though, he'd of lost to Raonic let alone Ferrer this time last year!

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic to beat Nadal in the final. As well as Nadal is playing, I have to favour Djokovic on this surface

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Erghhh No home!!!:eek:
    Just trying to be a bit creative. Would you prefer '*****' instead? All the terms apply here. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Disappointed for Richard that he is proving all the people who said Nadal had a "mug" draw (what a stupid statement in a Grand Slam) right in a way by not turning up with a suitable gameplan tonight.

Proud of his overall tournament though, he'd of lost to Raonic let alone Ferrer this time last year!
    Poor Gas get destroyed once again.

ReputationRep:
    No 1 vs No 2 seeds in both women's and men's finals - I really hope that these matches live up to the hype that is around them.

ReputationRep:
    5 Finals for Nole>>> 3 for Rafa at the US open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    No 1 vs No 2 seeds in both women's and men's finals - I really hope that these matches live up to the hype that is around them.
    Guess it depends if Djokovic and Azarenka show up but hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    5 Finals for Nole>>> 3 for Rafa at the US open.
    Now that's just irrelevant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Guess it depends if Djokovic and Azarenka show up but hopefully
    I'm rooting for Djokovic and Williams.

Azarenka's incessant scream irritates me so much.

I guess I will not mind if Nadal wins, but I would prefer for Djokovic to do so.

But all I am looking forward to is the good tennis that should be played.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rooting for Djokovic and Williams.

Azarenka's incessant scream irritates me so much.

I guess I will not mind if Nadal wins, but I would prefer for Djokovic to do so.

But all I am looking forward to is the good tennis that should be played.
    Same, I think that Nadal more than any other player brings out the competitor in Djokovic but I feel Nadal still wants to avenge the 3 GS final losses so both guys will be fired up which will be exciting! Williams to win in 3 for me

ReputationRep:
    Now that's just irrelevant...
    Maybe in your eyes not in mine though.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I think that Nadal more than any other player brings out the competitor in Djokovic but I feel Nadal still wants to avenge the 3 GS final losses so both guys will be fired up which will be exciting! Williams to win in 3 for me
    The men's final will easily go to 5 tight sets in my opinion something like 7-6 7-5 4-6 6-7 6-4 or something like that, to Djokovic.

The women's final is definitely on Serena's racket because she is clearly the better play, but I am going for 7-5 6-3, to Serena.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I agree with Lizzy. Getting to the final more times is completely different to actually winning it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Lizzy. Getting to the final more times is completely different to actually winning it.
    I know i'm just saying Nole has a shot of equalling Lendly 8 finals at the US OPEN.

ReputationRep:
    Novak has also just reached a record 7th consecutive hardcourt GS final. Federer is 2nd with 5.

But his US Open record stands at 1-3 right now, which is not good enough. And if he loses this match, he goes 6-6 in GS finals... not good again.

A lot riding on this for Novak and his legacy tbf.

ReputationRep:
    Djesus will be a protector of JesusFed's slam record once again on Monday. Don't you worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Novak has also just reached a record 7th consecutive hardcourt GS final. Federer is 2nd with 5.

But his US Open record stands at 1-3 right now, which is not good enough. And if he loses this match, he goes 6-6 in GS finals... not good again.

Lets hope he can pull it off then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)

"Tbf"?... what's this suppose to mean lol.
    Anyways I agree with your point there's a lot at stake here for Novak and also Nadal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    "Tbf"?... what's this suppose to mean lol.
    Anyways I agree with your point there's a lot at stake here for Novak and also Nadal.
    Tbf = to be fair

Of course it's huge for Nadal. He needs to win this to consolidate his ridiculous HC form and relight the journey to 17+ GS. If he loses this, I don't know if he'll be able to win another non-clay GS again, especially with his dodgy knees. He has to capitalise on his dominance and Novak's mental freefall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Rafa to win 6-0 6-0 6-0!! Or Djokovic to retire after 1 game! Beyond obvious, Nadal's name is already on the trophy! :P

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.