Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Eurosport don't show the matches live do they, just the reruns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Eurosport don't show the matches live do they, just the reruns?
    Of course they do.

ReputationRep:
    Not watched much of the women's tennis since Henin retired but what on earth is that noise coming from Azarenka? Sounds like she's cooing O_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    The women's final is at approx. 9:30pm UK Time today. The men's final starts tomorrow night at roughly 10pm UK Time.

You can watch the matches on Eurosport, Ten Sports or Sky Sports, or I can PM you a link closer to the time.
    I bought Eurosport Player this month because I thought I could watch all the tennis at the US Open but as usual they only showed the first week and a half, and the rest I've had to stream. Very annoyed - it seems that you can only watch all of the US Open on Eurosport if you're in a non-British (or European?) territory. Even with Eurosport player I still got British Eurosport and couldn't watch the US Open on the international stream.

This final is high quality despite the wind. Really hope wind doesn't hamper the final tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    This final is actually quite good so far. Serena hasn't been dealing with the wind well so things have been competitive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I thought Serena had it there! :O

ReputationRep:
    Major choking from Serena here... Two chances to serve for it and twice broken back by Vika

ReputationRep:
    Amazing recovery from Azarenka, hopefully she'll force a third set .

ReputationRep:
    Man Serena's getting so nervous in her old age

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea what is going on, how they score points and what not. But as my dad has the remote I am forced to watch it. Can explain what is happening right now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This choke is reaching Federer 2011 US Open proportions. Paying homage to the tennis GOAT I guess. :pimp:

Lol if she loses in the third. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well played Azarenka! Breaking back twice on the brink of losing.. Been a great match, deserved a third set Not even sure who to root for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Yeah I'm happy Li decided to show up for her 2nd set. Serena is my fab and it annoys me when people say her matches aren't entertaining like its her fault people are just **** when she plays them. If I remember correctly Li and Serena also had a very long game that wouldn't end in the 2nd set.

In regards to the final, Vika has actually won 2 of the hard court matches against Serena this year so it will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Although Vika hasn't been playing well and she's put on some weight since her injury :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just my opinion but there does seem to be a bit of a bias against womens tennis, when serena annihilates her opponents it is evidence for the lack of depth in the womens game when Nadal/Djokovic do it, it is seen as an example of their brilliance when the truth is beating players that easily if they are good enough to enter a GS and win a few rounds is a incredible feat.. Yes it Li really had chances in the 2nd but Serena upped her level.

As for the match this is incredible, loving Azarenka's fighting power credit to her for returning all of those Williams serves but Williams looking more than a little fragile

ReputationRep:
    Vika's boob patches are making me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    Just my opinion but there does seem to be a bit of a bias against womens tennis, when serena annihilates her opponents it is evidence for the lack of depth in the womens game when Nadal/Djokovic do it, it is seen as an example of their brilliance when the truth is beating players that easily if they are good enough to enter a GS and win a few rounds is a incredible feat..
    Yeah I agree about it being doubt standards. I follow quite a few journos on twitter and whenever Serena bagels someone they tweet about equal prize money but this USOpen quite a few players got bagelled by Rafa and Nole in the later rounds as well and no one said a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to have a stroke. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Serena has calmed down and so has my heart rate. Phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Serena serving faster than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic in that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Yeah I agree about it being doubt standards. I follow quite a few journos on twitter and whenever Serena bagels someone they tweet about equal prize money but this USOpen quite a few players got bagelled by Rafa and Nole in the later rounds as well and no one said a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I would advise following Ben Rothenberg, Courtney Nguyen and Beyond the Baseline if you have the time as all very pro men and womens game in equal measure and like pointing out the double standards of all the reporting and coverage...

Oh no that forehand error and DF could prove fatal for Azarenka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Serena serving faster than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic over there.
    It would be great to see an exhibition match between Serena and one of those guys, including Murray of course!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.