Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    haha good, i was following spain's matches, very happy they are through too
    It would kind of be a travesty if they weren't in the WG tbh considering how many top players they have. They most likely wouldn't even need this play-off if some of their better players had played against Canada earlier this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    It would kind of be a travesty if they weren't in the WG tbh considering how many top players they have. They most likely wouldn't even need this play-off if some of their better played against Canada earlier this year
    Indeed, the amount of players they have at the top of the game is ridiculous. Its quite sad when their number 15 is higher ranked than GB's number 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Indeed, the amount of players they have at the top of the game is ridiculous. Its quite sad when their number 15 is higher ranked than GB's number 2.
    But we could beat them with a home Murray performance and a solid doubles performance. No biggie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Robin Soderling hopes to be back at Paris Bercy

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Rob...colo15741.html
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)

I really hope he does

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on this thread in a long time! but i've definitely been watching all the tennis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)

Ah yes that forgotten man who beat Rafa at RG

ReputationRep:
    Cilic banned for doping for 9 months.

http://news.sky.com/story/1142539/ma...ed-over-doping

Why is this just announced now? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Ah yes that forgotten man who beat Rafa at RG

I remember watching this live. Lol, I wish Federer or Novak had done that instead. It would be jokes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Be interesting if Soderling does come back, I doubt he would reach the top 10 though as he has been out of the sport for an exceptionally long time and is in his late twenties.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love Soderling to come back but I'll not get my hopes up just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal has a chance to have the biggest winstreak on all surfaces this year, the current streak is 49 by Bjorn Borg but Rafa can get to 50 because if he wins tonight thats 15 wins then he goes into the clay masters and wins that along with roland garros that 45 wins then depends how he does in gerry weber open and wimbledon if he does get past 2 round undefeated then he has the biggest win streak on all surfaces.

Djokoivc streak was 43 match wins in 2011 nadal this season has the chance to break that streak
    What are you talking about? He's nowhere near that Djokovic winning streak at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    What are you talking about? He's nowhere near that Djokovic winning streak at the moment.
    Ehhh I posted this before Monte Carlo Masters Started. Nadals streak would have gone from VTR open To first round of Wimbledon If he was Fully fit like Djokovic in 2011. Now lets look at it VTR match 1 to Wimbledon match 1 streak of Nadal's would have been 46 obviously if he was fully fit like Djokovic in 11 this streak would have been extended in the late rounds of Wimbledon meaning he would have got up 50 Match win streak.

ReputationRep:
    I see Soderling is returning from his silent ban.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    I see Soderling is returning from his silent ban.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Stick to foot related posts please.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Murray's season is over due to injury, hopefully it won't affect him going into next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Can't believe Murray's season is over due to injury, hopefully it won't affect him going into next year
    Yeah, who knows. Back injuries can be pretty bad though, but its better to sort it out now instead of the middle of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Murray will recuperate and come back stronger next season.

ReputationRep:
    Better chance for Fed getting in the tour finals now! And my man Gasquet for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Federer should now take Murray's place in the Tokyo Open. I hope he does.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.