The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krish4791

Nadal in fact doing what Federer did yesterday - trying to aim for the lines, but just making more unforced errors.

Tbh I don't even think that's happening. He's missing higher margin shots that he normally makes, and I don't even think Djokovic being down the other end has much to do with it. He's just come out very flat tonight and Djokovic hasn't had to change gears. If the scoreline ends up harsh I don't think it's because Djokovic has been thrashing Rafa, it's just that Rafa can't seem to find the court on anything.
Horrendous stuff from Nadal. What is he doing? Cannot find that forehand...
Reply 9062
Original post by Ashnard
Your boy has a habit of clawing his way out of these situations so I wouldn't be so sure. Nobody wins ugly as well as Ralph.

My boy has been a huge disappointed since US open.
Reply 9063

I hate Nadal.:mad::angry::angry::angry:

I can't remember a time this year he's missed that many inside out forehands. Unless something happens soon this could end up being the worst match he's played all year.
Original post by Sirocco11
Tbh I don't even think that's happening. He's missing higher margin shots that he normally makes, and I don't even think Djokovic being down the other end has much to do with it. He's just come out very flat tonight and Djokovic hasn't had to change gears. If the scoreline ends up harsh I don't think it's because Djokovic has been thrashing Rafa, it's just that Rafa can't seem to find the court on anything.

It's a shame - I thought he would be really focused on winning this tournament. It' unfortunately one of those days where things have not worked so far.
He needs to find a way to win ugly.
Reply 9066
Djokovic is just too good for Nadal.
Reply 9067
I can't remember a time this year he's missed that many inside out forehands. Unless something happens soon this could end up being the worst match he's played all year.

Perphaps on the same level as the Monte Carlo Final. Nadal is heartbreaker.
Reply 9068
It's a shame - I thought he would be really focused on winning this tournament. It' unfortunately one of those days where things have not worked so far.

Nadal don't have a gameplan and can't beat Nole now.

Absolutely. He's got to do anything he can to make Djokovic's life difficult, change it up, rush the net, hammer all of his forehands up the line. If it doesn't work, so be it, but he has to do something because Djokovic is cruising.
Original post by ubi1
Perphaps on the same level as the Monte Carlo Final. Nadal is heartbreaker.

No way. That ain't what happened at all at Monte Carlo. Rafa played okay in Monte Carlo, Djokovic employed the perfect gameplan and was simply too good. Not the case tonight.
Reply 9071
Absolutely. He's got to do anything he can to make Djokovic's life difficult, change it up, rush the net, hammer all of his forehands up the line. If it doesn't work, so be it, but he has to do something because Djokovic is cruising.

I feel like punching somebody.arghhhhhhh:angry:
Original post by ubi1
Nadal don't have a gameplan and can't beat Nole now.

It's not so easy against a player who has so few weaknesses.
Original post by ubi1
I feel like punching somebody.arghhhhhhh:angry:

Bit far :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9074
It's not so easy against a player who has so few weaknesses.

Well use your biggest weapon your down the line. ffs! Nadal.:angry:
Nadal seems to win when the rallies are fast and the hits hard, when he has to return a slower shot it gives Djokovic time to exercise a well thought out shot.
Original post by ubi1
Well use your biggest weapon your down the line. ffs! Nadal.:angry:

Wel you're right about that. But it just isn't working tonight.
Reply 9077

Its over. I bet you are right happy with the score.:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Djokovic sprinting to the finish now. He wants this over in the next two games.
Guys, bear in mind though that this is Nadal's worst surface (historically). The fact that he beat Roger in the semis (the same Roger who only gave him 3 games in 2011) and the fact that he went unbeaten in the RR is something positive for him and his fans.
I didn't expect him to win today - maybe it's just not meant to be. No worries though, the rest of this year has been awesome for him.

Latest