Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    How does he have Wimbledon in the bag?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has a potiential 1990 lets just say 2000 points which he can potentially gain from Wimbledon to increase his lead. And Nole cannot gain points after US OPEN as he has to defend china, Shanghai, Paris, and WTF. With Murray Back Djokovic aint winning all that.

Murray will save the year and both Nadal and Murray will prevent Djokovic from winning loads of tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    Davis cup final heading towards 2-1 lead to Czechs, very tough for Serbia to regain the DC from here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    He has a potiential 1990 lets just say 2000 points which he can potentially gain from Wimbledon to increase his lead. And Nole cannot gain points after US OPEN as he has to defend china, Shanghai, Paris, and WTF. With Murray Back Djokovic aint winning all that.

Murray will save the year and both Nadal and Murray will prevent Djokovic from winning loads of tournaments.
    Oh I thought you meant that Nadal will easily win Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Oh I thought you meant that Nadal will easily win Wimbledon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say 2 Decent performances in Australia and Wimbledon will secure the year end no.1 the last tournament Djokovic can gain points is US open.
    Djokovic won 4 TOURNAMAENTS in a row china, shanghai, paris bercy, wtf
    and yet is behind nadal 1000 points who didnt do anything in Oz and Wimby.

How can Nadal not end year end no.1 in 2014?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I'd say 2 Decent performances in Australia and Wimbledon will secure the year end no.1 the last tournament Djokovic can gain points is US open.
    Djokovic won 4 TOURNAMAENTS in a row china, shanghai, paris bercy, wtf
    and yet is behind nadal 1000 points who didnt do anything in Oz and Wimby.

How can Nadal not end year end no.1 in 2014?
    There is a difference between race to London rankings and the official ATP rankings. The former is the one you need to secure the YE1 ranking. Defending points has no bearing on who finishes in what position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    There is a difference between race to London rankings and the official ATP rankings. The former is the one you need to secure the YE1 ranking. Defending points has no bearing on who finishes in what position.
    Crap! Still Rafa needs to do what he did this year but next year he has australia and wimby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Crap! Still Rafa needs to do what he did this year but next year he has australia and wimby.
    Do you honestly think he will win wimby next year after his recent performances on grass?

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly think he will win wimby next year after his recent performances on grass?
    Winning am not too sure on about that. But a decent performance like SF or F will do greatly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Winning am not too sure on about that. But a decent performance like SF or F will do greatly.
    Yeah, if he survives the first week, then he has a good chance. Although I would still pick Murray as the favourite.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if he survives the first week, then he has a good chance. Although I would still pick Murray as the favourite.
    What about Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    What about Australia.
    Novak is the favourite, with Nadal as second favourite. Murray after his recent back surgery, I suspect won't be a threat until the grass court season. Dark horses are Delpo and Federer.

ReputationRep:
    Novak is the favourite, with Nadal as second favourite. Murray after his recent back surgery, I suspect won't be a threat until the grass court season. Dark horses are Delpo and Federer.
    Its going to be Nadal vs Murray in the semis for australia. Hopefully murray won't be ready.
    Actually ferrer is no.3 so Nads and ferrer in the same draw and murray and Djoker in the same draw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Its going to be Nadal vs Murray in the semis for australia. Hopefully murray won't be ready.
    I suspect Murray would probably lose in the QFs, although he might not even play AO. He was alluding to that in a recent interview.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect Murray would probably lose in the QFs, although he might not even play AO. He was alluding to that in a recent interview.
    Since Djokovic is 2 and nads 1 they won't meet until Final. However Ferrer is no.3 so it might be nads and ferrer in the same draw and Djokovic and murray in the same draw. I want murray to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Since Djokovic is 2 and nads 1 they won't meet until Final. However Ferrer is no.3 so it might be nads and ferrer in the same draw and Djokovic and murray in the same draw. I want murray to play.
    If Murray doesn't play then Delpo is the 4th seed. He could be a threatful opponent to have in your half. Federer is also a tricky QF. So if Nole gets Federer, Delpo in his half then he ain't winning it. However, AO usually go for 1v4 and 2v3, so Ferrer is likely to be in Nole's half.

ReputationRep:
    If Murray doesn't play then Delpo is the 4th seed. He could be a threatful opponent to have in your half. Federer is also a tricky QF. So if Nole gets Federer, Delpo in his half then he ain't winning it. However, AO usually go for 1v4 and 2v3, so Ferrer is likely to be in Nole's half.
    Yes I'd Imagine Rafa taking on Delpo in 4 sets. Murray is the key here. He needs to play otherwise he will lose 1200 points. This is one of the most important Australien Opens ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yes I'd Imagine Rafa taking on Delpo in 4 sets. Murray is the key here. He needs to play otherwise he will lose 1200 points. This is one of the most important Australien Opens ever.
    Yeah, he could drop out of top 4, as Delpo can gain a lot of points after not doing so well last year. Imagine Ferrer and Delpo in the top 4 ranked ahead of both Murray and Federer. That is a joke.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Del Potro could be very dangerous for Nadal given their matches are rarely overwhelmingly in Nadal's favour. In 2009 he beat him 3 times in a row, in Wimbledon 11 he would have likely taken Nadal to 5 had he not injured his hip (momentum was strongly with him), this year alone he's been a set and break up and then crushed him in Shanghai.

I heard it said that the reason for this is Del Potro's arm-span and height which negates a lot of spin advantage that causes other players trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he could drop out of top 4, as Delpo can gain a lot of points after not doing so well last year. Imagine Ferrer and Delpo in the top 4 ranked ahead of both Murray and Federer. That is a joke.
    Yh that will crack your head up laughing. But Fed will overtake Ferrer. Fed can gain from every tournament. aprt from Hale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yh that will crack your head up laughing. But Fed will overtake Ferrer. Fed can gain from every tournament. aprt from Hale.
    And Roma.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.