Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yes If Nads Use his DTL I think his my Fav but if he Doesn't use it and its 2012 again. Imagine Djokvic Draws Murray in his half. And Nadal Draw Federer in Quarters and Ferrer in the semis.
    That's a pretty good scenario for Nadal. The problem is that with Federer still below No. 4, there's a chance that Fed, Murray and one of Nole/Nadal could all end up in the same half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    That's a pretty good scenario for Nadal. The problem is that with Federer still below No. 4, there's a chance that Fed, Murray and one of Nole/Nadal could all end up in the same half
    I just hope Djokovic Ends up having Delpo no.5 and Murray no.4 in his half 2 5 setters should tire him out. And nadal gets world no.6 fed in quarters and world no.3 ferrer in semis its possible right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I just hope Djokovic Ends up having Delpo no.5 and Murray no.4 in his half 2 5 setters should tire him out. And nadal gets world no.6 fed in quarters and world no.3 ferrer in semis its possible right?
    Yes yes, of course it's possible. Nadal's easiest path would be Berdych/Wawrinka in QFs and then Ferrer in SFs though

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes, of course it's possible. Nadal's easiest path would be Berdych/Wawrinka in QFs and then Ferrer in SFs though
    Fed has better chance of beating Nole at Aussie or Nads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Fed has better chance of beating Nole at Aussie or Nads?
    Probably Novak. Fed always matches up better against Novak, but he would need to play close to 2007 level to beat either of them at the AO in a best of 5.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Novak. Fed always matches up better against Novak, but he would need to play close to 2007 level to beat either of them at the AO in a best of 5.
    What if Novak has a day like he did with wawrinka at 2013 aussie open and Fed plays a really good match. If he wins that good give a big boost for the whole year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    What if Novak has a day like he did with wawrinka at 2013 aussie open and Fed plays a really good match. If he wins that good give a big boost for the whole year?
    Yep - he definitely needs at least 1 big win over Djoko/Nadal/Murray to help him define his 2014 season. If he can win a Slam, even better

ReputationRep:
    Yep - he definitely needs at least 1 big win over Djoko/Nadal/Murray to help him define his 2014 season. If he can win a Slam, even better
    Another slam would be Enormous. Poor Nadal.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so keen on Nadal being able to keep his hard court performances up, we saw cracks at the end of last year.

Australia is between Djoc, Murray and Del Potro for me (que the lack of consistency screwing me over).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm not so keen on Nadal being able to keep his hard court performances up, we saw cracks at the end of last year.

Australia is between Djoc, Murray and Del Potro for me (que the lack of consistency screwing me over).
    Australia is too slow for Delpo to win. His strokes won't fly fast enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'd add that the rivalry I look forward to in the rankings is Murray vs Del Potro, both very close, both capable of crushing Djok and Nadal but both beaten by inconsistency. Ferrer is probably going to be hurt the most especially if Fed does well, Ferrer could drop to 6th.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Australia is too slow for Delpo to win. His strokes won't fly fast enough.
    perhaps but he's played well before and his height means the spin generated on slower courts does not hurt him too much.

Australias not a normal slow court anyway, if it was Murray would have no hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    perhaps but he's played well before and his height means the spin generated on slower courts does not hurt him too much.

Australias not a normal slow court anyway, if it was Murray would have no hope.
    Did you know today Nadal Lost to Ferrer ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone here recommend me a good beard trimmer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Did you know today Nadal Lost to Ferrer ?
    That doesn't really mean much though - Ferrer has beaten Nadal in the Abu Dhabi exhibition before. Rafa was probably just glad for the match practice

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't really mean much though - Ferrer has beaten Nadal in the Abu Dhabi exhibition before. Rafa was probably just glad for the match practice
    I know it was a minor match but Rafa didn't even do one thing good thing in this match apart from 1 dtl winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I know it was a minor match but Rafa didn't even do one thing good thing in this match apart from 1 dtl winner.
    Energy conservation - you won't see him playing like that by mid-January

ReputationRep:
    Energy conservation - you won't see him playing like that by mid-January
    Or it could be mind games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Or it could be mind games.
    Everyone's preparing differently for the AO:

Nadal, Murray and Ferrer are all playing at Doha once again.

Following Abu Dhabi, Djokovic is going in "cold" to defend his title.

Federer is playing Brisbane for the first time ever.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's preparing differently for the AO:

Nadal, Murray and Ferrer are all playing at Doha once again.

Following Abu Dhabi, Djokovic is going in "cold" to defend his title.

Federer is playing Brisbane for the first time ever.
    And Nadal will win Doha or tank it.

Djokovic is soo good that he doesn't even need a warm up tournament. He is the real world no.1

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.