Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    who here plays tennis? (as opposed to just watching it)

what your racket head and grip size?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Yeah, maybe not - but I think he can break back into the Top 4 one more time. Ferrer is basically the same age, and I would not be surprised to see him dropping a lot of points this year, so most likely Federer and Del Potro will try and fight for the No. 4 ranking as Andy Murray moves back up to 3.
    I've Fed finishing at 4 this season... With Ferrer on a free-fall and Delpo not consistent enough and with the good form Fed showed at the end of last season, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Fed to finish in the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    While Djokovic did make a pretty significant mental lapse against Rafa at RG (touching the net when he was 4-3 up) I don't think we can attribute that loss to mentality alone. The match was a mirror image of the Australian Open loss Nadal endured to him the previous year after he missed a routine backhand in the same position of the final set. Both played incredible matches and it was really the matter of a few points here or there. Djokovic does tend to have periods where he goes away in matches (and annoying tendency to overstate potential injuries, still) but as far as mentality goes he's still phenomenally resilient when behind - look at both matches against Wawrinka this year, at the AO and USO. What Becker will bring is more perspectives on how to beat Nadal, plus I think he'll encourage Nole to approach the net behind his serve a lot more, as Becker did in his years on the tour.

Rafa has a rematch with Rosol tomorrow in Doha - I'm expecting he'll go for a double bagel blow out in revenge for Wimbledon 2012
    I definitely agree with you on your AO12 and RG13 match comparisons as Nadal could've easily won in Australia and Djokovic in Paris, I think if Djokovic had a choice he would probably go for this. I think although his mental strength was still good last season it was off his highest level (2011 season) for example Djokovic getting blown away in the 3rd set at RG and of course throwing away the lead in the 5th; Djokovic throwing away breaks in the 2nd and 3rd set in Wimbledon and the loss of the 3rd set in the US Open. Of course on all those occasions he didn't exactly have the easiest of opponents but if 2011 Djokovic was in those situations I think he could've taken all the grand slams last year. I think that's where Becker may be off assistance because as far as his play goes he can beat anyone on any surface at any time his mental side cost him last year. That's just my opinion though, pretty obvious who my favourite player is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)

Racket head size - roughly 99-100sq inch Midplus; Grip size: European Grip size 3 (about 110mm)

ReputationRep:

I play - I have two main rackets: Babolat Pure Drive GT+ and a WIlson Juice, both 100 sq inch head size.Grip size 4 1/4.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal vs Rosol on now!

EDIT: What the hell is Nadal wearing? Lol

ReputationRep:
    The Nadal-Rosol rematch is on.

Rosol waited ages for Nadal to go to the net for the coin toss first, started imitating him bouncing around the net and then elected to serve second. Everything Rafa hates - obvious Rosol is trying to get in his face early on. What a prick - just play the game.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal vs Rosol on now!

EDIT: What the hell is Nadal wearing? Lol
    I think his kit is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I think his kit is awesome!
    There's definitely a lot going on there...

ReputationRep:
    There's definitely a lot going on there...
    Goes back to his early days a bit more when he mixed colours up with this kit. Although he has sleeves this time

ReputationRep:

Rosol waited ages for Nadal to go to the net for the coin toss first, started imitating him bouncing around the net and then elected to serve second. Everything Rafa hates - obvious Rosol is trying to get in his face early on. What a prick - just play the game.
    Well, Nadal tends to make his opponent wait at the start of the match, so I don't see what's wrong with Rosol doing the same thing.

ReputationRep:

seems like he's giving nadal a bit of his own medicine, also taking forever to challenge as well :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Goes back to his early days a bit more when he mixed colours up with this kit. Although he has sleeves this time
    True!

Regarding the match, Rafa will want to get off to a quick start. All he needs to do is play his game, it's so unlikely Rosol will hit winners all the time today.

ReputationRep:
    Rosol's already firing some absolute rockets here. Never does that against other players.

ReputationRep:
    Rosol's already firing some absolute rockets here. Never does that against other players.
    nah I've watched him play a bit, he does usually hit very hard, but also concedes a lot of UE's as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Well, Nadal tends to make his opponent wait at the start of the match, so I don't see what's wrong with Rosol doing the same thing.
    I don't thnk it's a case of him making opponents wait - he's just slow with his rituals; his opponents don't have to go to the net until he does. With Rosol it was very pointed that he was waiting for him to go first. He doesn't normally do that in other matches. Nadal always takes his time.

ReputationRep:
    he probably hits harder than del potro

ReputationRep:
    seems like he's giving nadal a bit of his own medicine, also taking forever to challenge as well :rofl:
    I don't see how it would be own medicine since Nadal's pretty slow out of the blocks when starting matches, it barely makes a difference if he waits longer.

ReputationRep:
    he probably hits harder than del potro
    Nah I don't think he does - Del Potro's clocked forehands at 120mph I believe. As far as I can remember Rosol's hardest are around the 100mph mark, which is still pretty hefty.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't think he does - Del Potro's clocked forehands at 120mph I believe. As far as I can remember Rosol's hardest are around the 100mph mark, which is still pretty hefty.
    Fair enough. But generally though, I think in terms of average forehand speeds, I wouldn't be surprised if rosol is higher

With del potro, he would often hit a lot of normal rallying shots and then suddenly flash a 100+mph forehand out of nowhere, but rosol seems to be going full power on virtually every shot

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.