Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Who's drawn on Djokovic's side?
    Ferrer thats it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Ferrer thats it
    To be honest Wimbledon 2013 is evidence at how a draw can open up nicely after a couple of upsets Murray's seemingly nightmarish draw turned out nicer than Djokovic's which was initially seen as a cake walk. I still think it will take a lot for it not to be a Nadal-Djokovic final

ReputationRep:
    hope Murray can do well, though given he is just back from injury I will understand if he isn't at 100%

ReputationRep:
    To be honest Wimbledon 2013 is evidence at how a draw can open up nicely after a couple of upsets Murray's seemingly nightmarish draw turned out nicer than Djokovic's which was initially seen as a cake walk. I still think it will take a lot for it not to be a Nadal-Djokovic final
    Thing is Nadal will make it to the final with exhausted knees while Djokovic will be fresh. He's already been handed the trophy from the get go now we just need to see how he destroys the opponent in the final!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'd not rule out Fed or Del Potro upsetting. Fed can win if he gets off the mark quick and Del Potro is capable of blowing anybody off court.

The probability does suggest Nadal reaches the final though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd not rule out Fed or Del Potro upsetting. Fed can win if he gets off the mark quick and Del Potro is capable of blowing anybody off court.

The probability does suggest Nadal reaches the final though.
    Beating Delpo and Mur/Fed would be too tiring for Nadal he will run out of Gas against Djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's prospective route is looking like this:
    R1 Tomic
    R2 Sijsling
    R3 Monfils
    R4 Hewitt
    QF Del Potro
    SF Murray
    F Djokovic

It's a tricky draw for Rafa, he's definitely got the hardest potential route to the final but there are a lot of matches there that would make for quality viewing. Murray starts off easy and his matches get progressively more difficult so I'm backing him to find some form and make a solid run to the semis. Djokovic looks like he's already in the final- only Wawrinka can stop him imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    Nadal's prospective route is looking like this:
    R1 Tomic
    R2 Sijsling
    R3 Monfils
    R4 Hewitt
    QF Del Potro
    SF Murray
    F Djokovic

It's a tricky draw for Rafa, he's definitely got the hardest potential route to the final but there are a lot of matches there that would make for quality viewing. Murray starts off easy and his matches get progressively more difficult so I'm backing him to find some form and make a solid run to the semis. Djokovic looks like he's already in the final- only Wawrinka can stop him imo.
    Yeah Wawrinka will be looking to at least push Djokovic to five sets but I think this is where Djokovic feels that Becker can help him, I think he'd be hoping for 3 tight sets over Wawrinka which he is capable of. I think we'll have to wait and see but I doubt anyone will have an easy path to the final.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be very happy if Rog can make the QFs or even the SFs given this draw. I have no clue how Murray is holding up physically.

Djoko looking good atm

ReputationRep:
    Not a kind draw for Rafa to put it lightly. While I'm not a fan of calling players with soft draws and it ain't their fault, Djokovic is a virtual lock for the final. I can't imagine that Wawrinka will pose much more of a challenge this year than last - the big element of their match at the AO last year was the surprise that Wawa could play that well.

On the other hand anyone can make a hash out of an easy draw and the top seeds might not even meet in the rounds they're supposed to. Delpo might bomb out in the early rounds like last year. Murray is a question mark for me - he wasn't in Doha for long so there's no way of telling quite how fit he is and whether his back will give way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Wawrinka will be looking to at least push Djokovic to five sets but I think this is where Djokovic feels that Becker can help him, I think he'd be hoping for 3 tight sets over Wawrinka which he is capable of. I think we'll have to wait and see but I doubt anyone will have an easy path to the final.
    Only Djokovic has an easy path. Nadal and Federer have tough opponents!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro took 53 minutes to thrash Tomic 6-3 6-1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Del Potro took 53 minutes to thrash Tomic 6-3 6-1.
    Del Potro is on fire!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Only Djokovic has an easy path. Nadal and Federer have tough opponents!
    Just have faith in your man! I really doubt that Federer and Murray will pose too much of a threat at least not against Nadal. I think Del Potro will be interesting though so we'll see. Wawrinka will definitely make sure Djokovic doesn't have an easy path

ReputationRep:
    Just have faith in your man! I really doubt that Federer and Murray will pose too much of a threat at least not against Nadal. I think Del Potro will be interesting though so we'll see. Wawrinka will definitely make sure Djokovic doesn't have an easy path
    Wawrinka no longer possesses the element of surprise. Djokovic shall take him down in 3 tight sets.

ReputationRep:
    Or Tomic was just crap. I've no idea as I didn't see it but I'll catch the highlights later.

Tomic is still overrated, the least promising of the next generation. Janowicz for me is the most likely to break through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wawrinka no longer possesses the element of surprise. Djokovic shall take him down in 3 tight sets.

I guess we'll have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    DelPo was impressive today, if he can match his wimbledon performance of last year I think he's the biggest threat to Djokovic.

(Original post by ubi1)
    Thing is Nadal will make it to the final with exhausted knees while Djokovic will be fresh. He's already been handed the trophy from the get go now we just need to see how he destroys the opponent in the final!
    Disrespectful calling top 50 tennis players as "easy"

ReputationRep:
    I just wonder if this will be the time (other than Wimbledon 2013) when Delpo finally lives up to the hype. He's got the most potential of the guys outside the Big 3 but he always seems to falter on the big stage

ReputationRep:
    It's Monfils tournament to lose for me

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.