(Original post by Rakas21)
    Oh Del Potro, why do you forsake thee.
    Bro I feel your pain!

ReputationRep:
    Shocked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revisionbug)
    In case you haven't noticed im a murray fan lol been one since 2008 i've supported him through all his downtimes i always thought he would win a slam ever since I saw him playing against Rafa at the 2007 Australian open.
    I like Murray too, I'm happy he's got some GSs under his belt now but I'm primarily a Djokovic fan

ReputationRep:
    del potro has a really bad record at australia. even in 2009 when he made qf, federer double-loved him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ania_dancer)
    del potro has a really bad record at australia. even in 2009 when he made qf, federer double-loved him.
    Who is Rafa playing 4th round, Q potential matches?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable Delpo is out. Well at least it makes it easier for Rafa I guess, although I love Delpo. Rafa on the other hand was awesome today - 39 winners over 3 sets is really impressive, shows he's being very aggressive early on.

Very impressed with Kokkinakis - fully believe he could be a top 20 player in the future.

ReputationRep:
    This is kind of obsessive but I already examined the draw and if nothing weird happens the final should be Djokovic against Fed, Murray, or Rafa. Fed and Murray should meet in the QF, IIRC.
    I'd be fine with Murray or Nadal winning but I'm not counting on anything.

I normally don't watch the early rounds so I found out about DelPo from this thread. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Who is Rafa playing 4th round, Q potential matches?

Posted from TSR Mobile

rafa can meet these in the 4th:
    young
    nishikori

rafa can meet these in the qf:
    raonic
    dimitrov
    paire
    agut

i don't think he will drop a set really
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    rafa can meet these in the 4th:
    young
    nishikori

rafa can meet these in the qf:
    raonic
    dimitrov
    paire
    agut

i don't think he will drop a set really
    Raonic is probably the biggest danger there. He's been flattened by Rafa before but he can play quite brilliantly. Nikishori's not bad either.

ReputationRep:
    i think nadal getting to the semis is set in stone now just to see if federer can get past tsonga and set up a clash with murray in the QF. I hope stan the man takes out djokovic i dont want him winning a FOURTH consecutive Australian Open.

ReputationRep:
    i think nadal will beat djokovic in the final in 3 or 4 sets. nadal has won 8 of their 11 slam matches and has won their last 3.

raonic's best form ever was montreal 2013. Nadal won 62 62 in the final. that tells you a lot about raonic vs nadal. no matter how well raonic plays, raonic has never broken nadal's serve, and nadal has never been broken by raonic. its like berdych vs nadal (nadal has won their last 16 matches) but way worse. nishikori can't beat nadal from the baseline, and that is all nishikori is good at, the baseline, straight sets. and in the semis, nadal will play tsonga (nadal has won 5 of their last 6 hardcourt matches), federer (nadal has won their last 5 slam matches including 2 at the ao), or murray (nadal has won their last 4 slam matches). murray would be the toughest semi opponent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revisionbug)
    i think nadal getting to the semis is set in stone now just to see if federer can get past tsonga and set up a clash with murray in the QF. I hope stan the man takes out djokovic i dont want him winning a FOURTH consecutive Australian Open.
    Whether we like it or not he's going to win for the 5th time. He's too good! Did you see him just now against Istomin he was playing brutally well. Far too aggressive for someone to beat him. We just have to live with it for the next couple of years he's on lock to do 9 Aussie opens.

ReputationRep:
    i think nadal will beat djokovic in the final in 3 or 4 sets. nadal has won 8 of their 11 slam matches and has won their last 3.

raonic's best form ever was montreal 2013. Nadal won 62 62 in the final. that tells you a lot about raonic vs nadal. no matter how well raonic plays, raonic has never broken nadal's serve, and nadal has never been broken by raonic. its like berdych vs nadal (nadal has won their last 16 matches) but way worse. nishikori can't beat nadal from the baseline, and that is all nishikori is good at, the baseline, straight sets. and in the semis, nadal will play tsonga (nadal has won 5 of their last 6 hardcourt matches), federer (nadal has won their last 5 slam matches including 2 at the ao), or murray (nadal has won their last 4 slam matches). murray would be the toughest semi opponent.
    No I've learnt as a Rafa fan you cannot expect him to win. Djokovic has too much big match experience. Nadal has to play like 2010 us open to beat him. He needs those backhands, forehands and serve from 2010 us open. To beat Djokovic at Australia.

ReputationRep:

I think Nadal beating Djokovic in 3 or 4 sets in the AO final is wishful thinking. Yes Nadal is playing well but Djokovic is playing just as well if not better so if Nadal does win I don't see him winning in anything other than 5 sets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    I think Nadal beating Djokovic in 3 or 4 sets in the AO final is wishful thinking. Yes Nadal is playing well but Djokovic is playing just as well if not better so if Nadal does win I don't see him winning in anything other than 5 sets.
    I used to think like her aswell but the days of Nadal beating Djokovic in 3 sets are gone let alone 4. However Nadal may lose in 3. The only way Rafa can win if he plays like 2010 US Open. Forehand and Backhands DTL and great serve shall do the trick. I don't think the form Rafa Showed at the summer term will be enough to win in Australia he needs his best hard court form which was in 2010 US open tournament as I said. Nadal's chances are very slim.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you guys think has the best kit at this year's AO? In my eyes it has to be Andy Murray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I used to think like her aswell but the days of Nadal beating Djokovic in 3 sets are gone let alone 4. However Nadal may lose in 3. The only way Rafa can win if he plays like 2010 US Open. Forehand and Backhands DTL and great serve shall do the trick. I don't think the form Rafa Showed at the summer term will be enough to win in Australia he needs his best hard court form which was in 2010 US open tournament as I said. Nadal's chances are very slim.
    I think it's 50/50 between them if I'm being honest Nadal will be confident after last year and the start of this year and Djokovic is on a winning streak that included beating a lot of top 10 players, including Rafa of course. I think it's all to play for and whoever plays best on the day will win it. I think if we get the Rafa-Nole final it'll be decided by very fine margins, e.g. Djokovic's missed smash at RG '13, Nadal's missed backhand DTL at AO' 12 etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    I think it's 50/50 between them if I'm being honest Nadal will be confident after last year and the start of this year and Djokovic is on a winning streak that included beating a lot of top 10 players, including Rafa of course. I think it's all to play for and whoever plays best on the day will win it. I think if we get the Rafa-Nole final it'll be decided by very fine margins, e.g. Djokovic's missed smash at RG '13, Nadal's missed backhand DTL at AO' 12 etc
    Speaking of the DTL they are one the most brutal shots in Tennis. Nadal has one of them FDTL and Djokovic and Murray have BDTL. Who do you think posses the best DTL shots?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal vs Monfils should be a great match tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Speaking of the DTL they are one the most brutal shots in Tennis. Nadal has one of them FDTL and Djokovic and Murray have BDTL. Who do you think posses the best DTL shots?
    I think Djokovic's BDTL in 2011 was out of this world but Nadal's FDTL in 2013 is right on par with that and that shot really helped him to take the initiative from Djokovic. I think they both cancel each other out so I honestly couldn't choose, it depends on who executes better on the day.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.