Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic's BHDTL was inhumane in 2011 especially towards the clay court season on the clay masters series btw murray vs f.lopez is starting at 3:30 am:eek: is it like the first match on rod laver or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    No I've learnt as a Rafa fan you cannot expect him to win. Djokovic has too much big match experience. Nadal has to play like 2010 us open to beat him. He needs those backhands, forehands and serve from 2010 us open. To beat Djokovic at Australia.
    they've only met once at australia and it was in 2012, and djokovic needed 6 hours to beat nadal. i don't give djokovic a chance this time.

nadal is way better now, as we saw in 2013 when he beat djokovic in both their slam matches. it was incredible because nadal was really rusty in the first half of the year and was limping (and had recovery pains), but still won roland garros. and then got stronger as the year went on and beat djokovic 6-1 in the 4th set at us open.

djokovic is a really good non-slam player (and indoor especially), but nadal is way better at the slams, and that is why nadal has won his last 3 slam meetings vs djokovic. nadal will win the ao final in 3 or 4 sets. i wish it could be another epic 5-setter, but nadal is in djokovic's head.

when you see djokovic hire a new coach just before "his" tournament, you know djokovic is in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ania_dancer)
    they've only met once at australia and it was in 2012, and djokovic needed 6 hours to beat nadal. i don't give djokovic a chance this time. nadal is way better now, as we saw in 2013 when he beat djokovic in both their slam matches. djokovic is a really good non-slam player (and indoor especially), but nadal is way better at the slams, and that is why nadal has won his last 3 slam meetings vs djokovic. nadal will win the ao final in 3 or 4 sets. i wish it could be another epic 5-setter, but nadal is in djokovic's head. when you see djokovic hire a new coach just before "his" tournament, you know djokovic is in trouble.
    I see where your coming from but please am warning you know if you expect him to win and if he loses you will be heart broken. It's best to overestimate Djokovic now and Underestimate Nadal. Trust me you shall be rewarded.
    Nadal is not winning no more trophies right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I see where your coming from but please am warning you know if you expect him to win and if he loses you will be heart broken. It's best to overestimate Djokovic now and Underestimate Nadal. Trust me you shall be rewarded.
    Nadal is not winning no more trophies right?
    nadal is winning the ao final in 3 or 4 sets, double career grand slam

ReputationRep:
    nadal is winning the ao final in 3 or 4 sets, double career grand slam
    That's the sort of attitude I had when I first came on this thread ask anyone I was too ambitious like you.

Dont underestimate King of Melbourne Nole.

Always overestimate Nole not under!

ReputationRep:
    they've only met once at australia and it was in 2012, and djokovic needed 6 hours to beat nadal. i don't give djokovic a chance this time.

nadal is way better now, as we saw in 2013 when he beat djokovic in both their slam matches. it was incredible because nadal was really rusty in the first half of the year and was limping (and had recovery pains), but still won roland garros. and then got stronger as the year went on and beat djokovic 6-1 in the 4th set at us open.

djokovic is a really good non-slam player (and indoor especially), but nadal is way better at the slams, and that is why nadal has won his last 3 slam meetings vs djokovic. nadal will win the ao final in 3 or 4 sets. i wish it could be another epic 5-setter, but nadal is in djokovic's head.

when you see djokovic hire a new coach just before "his" tournament, you know djokovic is in trouble.
    Your argument can be looked at both ways to be honest. You can say that Nadal played Djokovic for almost 6 hours in Australia and lost, remember he's meant to be the more physical player and when a match goes 5 sets you expect Nadal to be fresher, yet he lost that match. Again, on clay where he's the undisputed king he couldn't close the match out in 4 sets and almost lost in 5 does it make Nadal bad that he needed 5 sets to put away Djokovic then? No. If djokovic wasn't a really good slam player why has he got 6 slams, half of those against Nadal...
    Oh and Djokovic's coach wanted to spend more time with his family hence why Djokovic had no choice but to get a new coach before AO '13 so no being on a winning streak before your favourite slam and being forced to get a new coach doesn't spell trouble sadly

I'm a Djokovic fan but I admire Nadal a lot and hope he gets a couple more slams too, having a bit of respect for the guy that is Nadal's only consistent threat wouldn't hurt
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think people are being too overconfident when it comes to Nadal, in the latter half of the season especially a couple of players started to crack him.

I don't think Murray or Federer will be too much of a challenge unless they take the first set (if not then Nadal wins in 4) but i do expect Djokovic in 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think people are being too overconfident when it comes to Nadal, in the latter half of the season especially a couple of players started to crack him.

I don't think Murray or Federer will be too much of a challenge unless they take the first set (if not then Nadal wins in 4) but i do expect Djokovic in 5.
    Lol could you have ever imagined a bigger Rafa fan than me?

Rafa vs Monfils! the best match 2maro!

On at 9.30 am in the morning can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

That's exactly what I'm saying I mean don't get me wrong he deserves the no. 1 ranking as he was the best player last year but this is a new season and with Murray soon being without pain, Djokovic wanting to prove himself again and maybe Del Potro having a good run in the later slams nothing is decided yet.

As far as Federer goes I'm not too sure, he's looking better than last year so far but he's still getting older and with another baby on the way I can't see him staying with Nadal, Djokovic and Murray but who knows...

ReputationRep:
    Tournament Form starting at the player with the best form currently:
    1.Djokovic
    2.Murray
    3.Nadal
    4.Federer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Tournament Form starting at the player with the best form currently:
    1.Djokovic
    2.Murray
    3.Nadal
    4.Federer
    It's a bit early to tell right now Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga and Wawrinka also haven't dropped a set yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    It's a bit early to tell right now Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga and Wawrinka also haven't dropped a set yet
    They can join the list to. Murray won 23 points in a row the other day!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Wawrinka has dropped a set

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    They can join the list to. Murray won 23 points in a row the other day!:eek:
    Yeah I think he was 5-1 down against a qualifier then he won the set 7-5... Whichever way you look at it that's pretty impressive

I think Murray lowering his expectations for this AO is a smart move because it'll alleviate some of the pressure he always heaps on himself and hopefully lead to him playing freer tennis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hog Dog)
    I'm sure Wawrinka has dropped a set

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh must've missed that then. He's had some extra rest though with Popisil pulling out so him being fresher may work to his advantage, especially with the hest down under! I seriously have no idea how they can play for hours on end in that heat

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when Murray should be on court? gonna set an alarm in case I doze off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    anyone know when Murray should be on court? gonna set an alarm in case I doze off!
    3:30 GMT according to the BBC I think

ReputationRep:
    Oh must've missed that then. He's had some extra rest though with Popisil pulling out so him being fresher may work to his advantage, especially with the hest down under! I seriously have no idea how they can play for hours on end in that heat
    At the end of the day Stan has a 1hand backhand and Djokovic uses Nadal tactic to break the opponent down!

ReputationRep:
    3:30 GMT according to the BBC I think
    cheers want to be awake to watch it! missed the last game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    At the end of the day Stan has a 1hand backhand and Djokovic uses Nadal tactic to break the opponent down!
    What do you mean by Nadal tactic? :confused:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.