Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Prefer Azarenka myself even if i do have to put it on mute and she is ridiculously overdressed a lot of the time (strange because she's hot but i wonder if she has a low body image).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seathestars)
    Novak will win the tournament, Murray will lose as soon as he faces another Top 10 player.
    i don't give djokovic a chance of winning this ao. nadal is about to win the double career grand slam. nadal is just on a completely different level. the best djokovic can do is win some best-of-3-set events in october-november

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ania_dancer)
    i don't give djokovic a chance of winning this ao. nadal is about to win the double career grand slam. nadal is just on a completely different level. the best djokovic can do is win some best-of-3-set events in october-november
    Doubt the man himself is that confident when Djokovic is probably the consistently toughest player he's ever faced. Other than that he's certain he'll triple bagel him on his favourite court! Thanks for that spot on insight! After you're done trolling this friend you should become a sports writer.

ReputationRep:
    So glad Ivanovic won and Djokovic just stormed past Fognini! So happy right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    to be fair people are always shocked when Serena gets beaten in majors, people forget that as good as she is she still has games where she doesn't play as well or where her opponent finds something extra and stuff, I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was pretty good? might try and catch some highlights later if I can, watching the cricket atm though
    It's worth rewatching if you're an Ivanovic fan but if you want good tennis from both sides i'd forget it. Serena won the first set but after that she was awful. Apparently she hurt her back and 30 minutes before her last match she nearly pulled out. Her coach was surprised she actually managed to win it. Ana played well and didn't collapse mentally which was good to see.

Now hoping Li Na wins it tbh. Maybe Sharapova but I doubt she can even get past Azarenka

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope Li Na or Ivanovic get it now or maybe a new GS champion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    As we see all the Nadal loving in this thread i thought we might look at what might have been, a titanic battle..

Lol Nadal broke his stomack in this match! His first serve was 95mph

ReputationRep:
    Nadal has no chance of winning Wimbledon IMO so I can't agree with that at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal has no chance of winning A0 again never as long as Djoker is alive Nadal will never win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal has no chance of winning A0 again never as long as Djoker is alive Nadal will never win.

You never know Nadal may have connections, may hire someone to get rid of his Djokovic problem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    You never know Nadal may have connections, may hire someone to get rid of his Djokovic problem...
    Djokovic will play tennis for the next 10 years

While nadal retires in 3 years time djokovic will have no competition and then win enough grandslams to become GOAT!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta hope for a 3rd consecutive Grand Slam epic between Stan and Novak but I see Djokovic in 4 with Berdych beating Ferrer as he's been playing surprisingly consistently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Gotta hope for a 3rd consecutive Grand Slam epic between Stan and Novak but I see Djokovic in 4 with Berdych beating Ferrer as he's been playing surprisingly consistently!
    Not to mention that Ferrer has started to struggle recently - his age and his playing style has meant that his game is no longer as consistently solid as he'd like it to be
    If Berdych can get to grips with his own demons, I really fancy him to make the semis here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Not to mention that Ferrer has started to struggle recently - his age and his playing style has meant that his game is no longer as consistently solid as he'd like it to be
    If Berdych can get to grips with his own demons, I really fancy him to make the semis here.
    I did forget about the strangehold Ferrer has over Berdych - even if he does pass it he's got another man mountain in his way haha!

ReputationRep:
    but nadal doesn't need wimbledon for the double career grand slam.

the double career grand slam means you've won each slam at least twice each:

ao = 1
    rg = 8
    wim = 2
    uso = 2

see, nadal only needs to win the australian open and he has it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    I did forget about the strangehold Ferrer has over Berdych - even if he does pass it he's got another man mountain in his way haha!
    True, I forgot about that as well! Not a huge hurdle though (Tomas won their last meeting I think)
    The Djoker is a completely different prospect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    True, I forgot about that as well! Not a huge hurdle though (Tomas won their last meeting I think)
    The Djoker is a completely different prospect
    Only Divine Intervention can stop Djokovic from winning that's it. Djoker cant be stopped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Djokovic will play tennis for the next 10 years

While nadal retires in 3 years time djokovic will have no competition and then win enough grandslams to become GOAT!
    how is djokovic going to win slams when he is 29? he is all physical, so he will drop fast. nadal never stops, because he is skillful and smart. even when nadal was still recovering in early 2013 he won roland garros by hitting 22 winners in the 5th set (compared to djokovic's 13). and now nadal is healthy and you are seeing he is about to win the uso-ao double. welcome to the nadal hardcourt era

ReputationRep:
    how is djokovic going to win slams when he is 29? he is all physical, so he will drop fast. nadal never stops, because he is skillful and smart. even when nadal was still recovering in early 2013 he won roland garros by hitting 22 winners in the 5th set (compared to djokovic's 13). and now nadal is healthy and you are seeing he is about to win the uso-ao double. welcome to the nadal hardcourt era
    Lol Djokovic is on 28 winstreak on hardcourt twice beating Rafa. He's going to look at his last 2 meetings and gain confidence from it plus he's playing at home so Djokovic has tons of confidence while Nadal has doubts.

Djokovic won't have any Comp he will win 6 more A0, 3-4 French opens 1-2 more Wimbledons and 3-5 more US opens. MURRRRAY DAM U!

It's scary to think What Novak will do when Rafa retires. He will have a better rounded career then Fedal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Lol Djokovic is on 28 winstreak on hardcourt twice beating Rafa. He's going to look at his last 2 meetings and gain confidence from it plus he's playing at home so Djokovic has tons of confidence while Nadal has doubts.

Djokovic won't have any Comp he will win 6 more A0, 3-4 French opens 1-2 more Wimbledons and 3-5 more US opens. MURRRRAY DAM U!
    djokovic had tonnes of confidence when he won monte carlo (biggest non-slam blow EVER for rafa), and still couldn't beat a rusty nadal.

djokovic is done winning slams. he only won multiples in 2011. now he only has australia but rafa is coming for it. this will be nadal's 4th straight slam win over djokovic.

djokovic hasn't won outside of australia since 2011.
    nadal/murray have the us open.
    murray has wimbledon.
    nadal has roland garros/and now the australian open.

djokovic is too much of a gymnast to win at age 29. he isnt even winning now, except for australia. so imagine in 3 years, he'll have lost his main strength - flexibility.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.