Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Umm... I think you're a little late to the party.
    Am not, he wont win wimbledon ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Federer almost did it at 31 so its possible
    yeah, and are there any real talents from the next generation?

can't seem to see any, none of them look threatening - certainly not so, when compared to federer's generation at the same age or nadal/djokovic/murray

so djokovic definitely has a real chance at winning gold in 2016, provided he avoids any major injury of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Am not, he wont win wimbledon ffs.
    ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    He won't win Wimbledon.
    We mean over his career, not this year.

ReputationRep:
    ?!
    I hate novak djokovic. Roger federer where are you?

ReputationRep:
    Federer is busy thanking the gods he was born in an era where all he had to worry about was Hewitt, Roddick and very very occasionally Safin. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    yeah, and are there any real talents from the next generation?

can't seem to see any, none of them look threatening - certainly not so, when compared to federer's generation at the same age or nadal/djokovic/murray

so djokovic definitely has a real chance at winning gold in 2016, provided he avoids any major injury of course
    Nadal will win Barcelona,Rome, Madrid and regain the points he lost today and beat novak at RG.
    furthermore nadal is still in the race for year end no1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    there is no such thing as goat in tennis.
    People have different opinions on the topic - certainly we can have a GOAT for each generation, but when it comes to comparing players across eras, that's where the arguments come in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    People have different opinions on the topic - certainly we can have a GOAT for each generation, but when it comes to comparing players across eras, that's where the arguments come in.
    So a GOEG

ReputationRep:
    Federer is busy thanking the gods he was born in an era where all he had to worry about was Hewitt, Roddick and very very occasionally Safin. :lol:
    I think he'd have done well in this one as well - he'd probably have had a different game style, we'll never know for sure.
    I want to know what his form is like at the moment, we've seen that he can beat Novak at his best (in 2011), so if he joins the party very soon, Roland Garros could be extremely interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I think he'd have done well in this one as well - he'd probably have had a different game style, we'll never know for sure.
    I want to know what his form is like at the moment, we've seen that he can beat Novak at his best (in 2011), so if he joins the party very soon, Roland Garros could be extremely interesting.
    can it be roger federer vs novak semi final RG, is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    can it be roger federer vs novak semi final RG, is that possible?
    Yeah, Roger will probs be No. 3 in time, seeing as he needs to defend Madrid and a SF appearance at Rome.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Roger will probs be No. 3 in time, seeing as he needs to defend Madrid and a SF appearance at Rome.
    I really hope federer can put an end to novak. I for one dont want to see 2011 again.

ReputationRep:
    Murray didn't enter Madrid and if he does, will be seeded and thus automatically enter the 2nd round, which gives him automatically enough points to retake Federer even if Murray loses immediately and Federer wins again.

ReputationRep:
    And where in the blue hell is ferrer?

ReputationRep:
    novak gained 400 more ranking points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    novak gained 400 more ranking points.
    Yah, and Rafa has lost 400.

ReputationRep:
    Yah, and Rafa has lost 400.
    Mathematically rafa can still be year end no.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Won't happen this year. Too much to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Unlikely, though. He's unlikely to get past Murray or Djokovic on hard courts, and honestly I think he'll struggle with both at Wimbledon too. He's only defending points at RG, nothing to put on there. The WTF is in London still, and it's probably the 3rd fastest major hardcourt on tour, so definitely not Rafa's favourite surface. I mean, I think Rafa could probably reach 3rd by the end of the year, but 1st just seems a step too far.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.