Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    The giantkiller Rosol beat Simon 6-2, 6-3 to set up a final against Garcia-Lopez in Romania & obviously we have Nadal vs Almagro in Barcelona.
    Two tasty finals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lukas "The Nadal Slayer" Rosol beat Garcia-Lopez 63 62 to claim his first title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Lukas "The Nadal Slayer" Rosol beat Garcia-Lopez 63 62 to claim his first title.
    Currently nadal being slayed by almagro 3/0 down first set

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    That Fognini in the towel? The exhibitionist :P

Phenomenal - Rafa's 8th Barcelona title to add to his 8 MC. Almagro started off strong but I was never worried - we've seen so many times how Rafa starts slow and reels his opponent in. He played some great tennis in the end and was within himself in the second set.

ReputationRep:
    Fognini :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    That Fognini in the towel? The exhibitionist :P

Phenomenal - Rafa's 8th Barcelona title to add to his 8 MC. Almagro started off strong but I was never worried - we've seen so many times how Rafa starts slow and reels his opponent in. He played some great tennis in the end and was within himself in the second set.
    Yes and due to ferrers early loss in barcelona he lost some points as he was the runner up last year and there is still some hope of rafa just sneaking into the world no.4 position only if he wins madrid

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona final was nice, slow start from Rafa but he settled in soon after he went down that double break, liked the outcome, an 8th title there! (although Rafa defintely played better in the semi against Raonic.) I'm not positive at all about Madrid, i'm setting my expectations low

Not sure if i'll do the draw challenge for Madrid, I flopped majorly with Monte Carlo, I still haven't gone back to check my final showing lol. The draw will be done on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natty.B)
    Barcelona final was nice, slow start from Rafa but he settled in soon after he went down that double break, liked the outcome, an 8th title there! (although Rafa defintely played better in the semi against Raonic.) I'm not positive at all about Madrid, i'm setting my expectations low

Not sure if i'll do the draw challenge for Madrid, I flopped majorly with Monte Carlo, I still haven't gone back to check my final showing lol. The draw will be done on Friday.
    Your scared about Madrid am scared about RG after nadals loss in monte carlo, If he faces djokovic again on clay mostly likely he will lose, since IW hes not even playing really good tennis.I want to know why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Your scared about Madrid am scared about RG after nadals loss in monte carlo, If he faces djokovic again on clay mostly likely he will lose, since IW hes not even playing really good tennis.I want to know why?
    He did just come back from months off injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    He did just come back from months off injured.
    I know but he has 2 loses and they were on clay this season and not any on other surface which is quite surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I know but he has 2 loses and they were on clay this season and not any on other surface which is quite surprising.
    He has only played 1 hard court tournament, hes pretty much only played on clay.

ReputationRep:
    He has only played 1 hard court tournament, hes pretty much only played on clay.
    Exactly.Am waiting for the day i see Nadal play aggressive like he did in 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Like Prendah explained, he has only been playing tennis for like 2 full months after being off the tour for 7, he still isn't close to his previous level, he needs more time, more matches.

I'll worry about RG when RG starts, as for now there are two Clay masters coming up, his form may improve, it may not, he might get beaten by Djokovic also, he may not. We shall see.

And as for wondering why his level has "dropped" since IW, please go and read some of his press conferences from Monte Carlo, that will answer all of your questions.

ReputationRep:
    Also his level wasn't actually that high at Indian Wells. He got a draw full of players who his playstyle naturally functions well against, and then a tired Del Potro in the final. Much like Murray at Miami, it was a win in spite the level of play not because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Also his level wasn't actually that high at Indian Wells. He got a draw full of players who his playstyle naturally functions well against, and then a tired Del Potro in the final. Much like Murray at Miami, it was a win in spite the level of play not because of it.
    I agree, had Del Potro lost to Djokovic, it's fairly obvious who would be the Indian Wells winner right now.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro out of Madrid. Goffin takes his place in the main draw. Looks like his RG prep will be Rome only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natty.B)
    Del Potro out of Madrid. Goffin takes his place in the main draw. Looks like his RG prep will be Rome only.
    When is the draw?

ReputationRep:
    When is the draw?
    The draw starts 5.30pm today our time.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa in Federer's half, Murray in Djokovic's.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.