The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Onto the third set....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1481
Wow, this is SO much better from Murray now.
what a point by murray

murray break up
Simon is just... a worse Murray. There's absolutely no difference between how they play, he's just literally a worse Murray. It's like Berdych and Anderson.
Original post by TopHat
Simon is just... a worse Murray. There's absolutely no difference between how they play.
Both pushers :wink:
Simon breaks back :facepalm:
Original post by Multitalented me
Both pushers :wink:

Not classically so - they use too many drop-shots and slices for that. Defensively-orientated, yes.
Original post by TopHat
Simon is just... a worse Murray. There's absolutely no difference between how they play, he's just literally a worse Murray. It's like Berdych and Anderson.

I play like Simon. I'm just a much worse version that was never released.
Original post by hskjlclcn
I play like Simon. I'm just a much worse version that was never released.

me too:colondollar:
Also, is it just me or has the Hawkeye been miscalibrated for much of this tournament? It's been showing some stuff that's just been blatantly obviously wrong across pretty much all the matches I've seen now - there was an especially weird one in the first set of Nadal-Paire.
Reply 1490
Original post by TopHat
Also, is it just me or has the Hawkeye been miscalibrated for much of this tournament? It's been showing some stuff that's just been blatantly obviously wrong across pretty much all the matches I've seen now - there was an especially weird one in the first set of Nadal-Paire.

I guess there is always a margin for error, I don't know precisely how Hawekeye works but I guess its at most a close to perfect estimate.
Murray to lose in 3.. 2.. 1..

EDIT: Saved by massive Simon choke in that down the line.
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh wow. That lob was just... damn. Love it.
Reply 1493
Good lord. That error after the lob.
Andy "I don't want your ****ing match points anyway" Murray.

EDIT: Oh dear...

EDIT: i dont even
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1495
It is never easy with Murray.
Good comeback win but it never should have been anywhere near that hard.
(edited 10 years ago)
finally on his 6th match point lol
Reply 1497
Andy made that longer than it needed. He does realise he has to play tomorrow against Berdych
Only saw the first two sets as I have an exam today. Got to be said though that the gap between Murray and Djokovic (and Rafa if he ever gets back to his best) was yet again emphasised by that performance, especially on clay. For me the French Open is between two players this year.
In other news, Dimitrov seems to have finally come of age. Played blisteringly well against Stan yesterday, just ran out of steam. The guy just needs to work on his fitness and he is definitely top ten material.
Also great to see Kei coming of age, especially as I know him personally from when I went to the Bolletieri academy, really nice guy. Do think that those two will be the two youngsters to make a real break through this year or next. Dolgopolov is too inconsistent and I don't rate Raonic much. Big serve and forehand but his weaknesses are exposed far too much when he plays the greats.
Hello. My name is David Ferrer. You killed my career. Prepare to die.

EDIT: This is incredible. Ferrer is actually roasting Rafa - as in, the score makes it look closer than it is. Rafa has won 8 points on his second serve the entire match.

EDIT: And now Rafa's starting to fight back and Ferrer is actually not choking or looking scared or just going away like he normally does when he plays Rafa. The belief is really driving him right now.

EDIT: What a crucial hold. C'mon Ferru! He's taking Nadal's serves so early, and then just one-two punching him around the court.

EDIT: No, Ferru! Fight the power. D:

EDIT: And Ferrer does indeed fight the power. Spaniards - there can be only one.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest