Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Only saw the first two sets as I have an exam today. Got to be said though that the gap between Murray and Djokovic (and Rafa if he ever gets back to his best) was yet again emphasised by that performance, especially on clay. For me the French Open is between two players this year.
    In other news, Dimitrov seems to have finally come of age. Played blisteringly well against Stan yesterday, just ran out of steam. The guy just needs to work on his fitness and he is definitely top ten material.
    Also great to see Kei coming of age, especially as I know him personally from when I went to the Bolletieri academy, really nice guy. Do think that those two will be the two youngsters to make a real break through this year or next. Dolgopolov is too inconsistent and I don't rate Raonic much. Big serve and forehand but his weaknesses are exposed far too much when he plays the greats.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. My name is David Ferrer. You killed my career. Prepare to die.

EDIT: This is incredible. Ferrer is actually roasting Rafa - as in, the score makes it look closer than it is. Rafa has won 8 points on his second serve the entire match.

EDIT: And now Rafa's starting to fight back and Ferrer is actually not choking or looking scared or just going away like he normally does when he plays Rafa. The belief is really driving him right now.

EDIT: What a crucial hold. C'mon Ferru! He's taking Nadal's serves so early, and then just one-two punching him around the court.

EDIT: No, Ferru! Fight the power. D:

EDIT: And Ferrer does indeed fight the power. Spaniards - there can be only one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nadal a set down then.

ReputationRep:
    He has 17% win-rate on his second serve.

EDIT: break-point for Ferru.

EDIT: 2nd serve

EDIT: ah, so close. Nadal's 2nd serve was ballsy.

EDIT: 2nd break point Ferru.

EDIT: fantastic leaping volley from Ferru to seal the break!

EDIT: ...and David to lose the break.

EDIT: nadal is in trouble because he can only win points on his forehand. His backhand, drop shot, etc are just not there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, not finishing off that short ball could be costly.

ReputationRep:
    Shame. All over now. C'est la vie. Well done Ferru.

ReputationRep:
    What the... That lob.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear David!

ReputationRep:
    That match was not easy to watch, glad Rafa is through though. He played bad at times, but showed some brilliance, that point in the second set at 5-6, 15-30 did change things.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's draw starts to get dangerous as he faces Pablo Andujar in the SF.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted for Kei, thought he had a real chance against Andujar. Think he won't pose much competition for rafa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Nadal's draw starts to get dangerous as he faces Pablo Andujar in the SF.
    OMG Zhy you're back! Where have you been, you devil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    OMG Zhy you're back! Where have you been, you devil?
    Why this sudden excitement with Zhy?

ReputationRep:
    Murray is playing so good today. Aggressive from the beginning and keeping his service games short. Hope he can keep up this intensity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    murray breaks

decent match so far

ReputationRep:
    Murray seems to be practising his dance moves every time he misses a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Why this sudden excitement with Zhy?
    He's a legend of this society - the best troll there ever was at one point, and he hadn't posted in a long while

ReputationRep:
    Murray really should have taken at least one of the break points he had earlier in the set.

ReputationRep:
    Smh. Murray really should have broken those 2 games he was 0-30 up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Berdych wins first set 7-6.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.