Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natty.B)
    I still haven't actually seen all of that match, perhaps I will do after my exams.
    Yh - it's a match to remember. Gd luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, well he is certainly a breath of fresh air on the tour, says what he thinks and I can't fault him for that. Rafa was lucky to get out of this one. As for what he says in this, well I agree, he outplayed Rafa at times, but it didn't just come down to the errors/mistakes, Rafa found solutions, or at least took chances when they came, that's what wins matches. If there was a seperate award for a player who makes the most winners, fastest ace etc. in a match then he would win that today because he clearly won in those areas, what he didn't win was the points that mattered. Rafa won those.
    True even though Rafa doesn't produce a lot of winner his margin for error is very low compared to his opponents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    exactly and that is what makes champions, champions! Don't get me wrong Gulbis played very well but nobody can say he deserved to win, if he didn't win!
    Agreed.

So here is where I answer TopHat's earlier question of why anyone finds Nadal as a player appealing? Well, he is a great competitor amongst other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Yh - it's a match to remember. Gd luck with your exams!
    Thanks it poses the question, do you think Masters finals should go back to best of 5? It certainly makes things more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    True even though Rafa doesn't produce a lot of winner his margin for error is very low compared to his opponents.
    He doesn't give you much, if you are to beat him on clay (and the other surfaces as well) you have to take your chances always, be consistent throughout the match. something that Novak does well and Dimitrov almost did this year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks it poses the question, do you think Masters finals should go back to best of 5? It certainly makes things more interesting.
    Yes I think they should theres Loads of 5 set classics out there

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between yes and no actually. Best of 5 would certainly be more interesting, but there is a reason they stopped doing it - because of this very match actually! Federer and Nadal were so tired that they both pulled out of Hamburg the following week and the Hamburg tournament lost over 50% of its original audience. The only way to bring back the best of 5 finals would probs be if the tournament organisers reduced the no. of tournaments played in the year.

ReputationRep:
    Feels weird to know that Wimbledon is starting again next month, Fed crushing Murray's dreams & his subsequent tears only seem like yesterday

ReputationRep:
    LOL - Federer's match today was practically a carbon copy of his match against Starace! Same scoreline: 6-1, 6-2. He had 4 breaks in the match, and closed it out with an ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    LOL - Federer's match today was practically a carbon copy of his match against Starace! Same scoreline: 6-1, 6-2. He had 4 breaks in the match, and closed it out with an ace!
    Now Federer must face a young dangerous gunner Janovic

ReputationRep:
    Also federer is closing in he will definitly reach 900 career wins in RG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Now Federer must face a young dangerous gunner Janovic
    That will be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych making a pretty decent comeback against Djokovic! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    So I turn the match off as a routine Djokovic win approaches, and now I check who's playing now and it's into a 3rd :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Berdych to serve for only his second win over Djokovic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Saves a match point, que the Djokovic win.

ReputationRep:
    3 match points come and gone.

ReputationRep:
    I never saw that coming when I turned it off a hour ago!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time we had a Fedal final in Rome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    When was the last time we had a Fedal final in Rome?
    Yes djoker is out! OMG I am so happy right now

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.