Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    COME ON!

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's done it.

His first hard court title in almost 3 years - and what a way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Who saw this coming at the start of the tournament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Not me! I had Djokovic as favourite - this is simply stunning/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    4 championship points saved but one too many for Del Potro.

Well done to both and great play from Nadal.

Looks like the 3-2 15-0 on serve was the deciding moment.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Delpo looks heartbroken.

ReputationRep:
    And the amazing Nadal comeback continues - never saw him winning this :eek:

i hope Delpo can keep this standard up, a masters will be on his way soon if he does!

ReputationRep:
    the tiredness took its toll in the end on del potro, 3 matches going the full distance with no days in-between for breaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    And the amazing Nadal comeback continues - never saw him winning this :eek:

i hope Delpo can keep this standard up, a masters will be on his way soon if he does!
    It's such a shame - it really should have come today, but he had a fatal lapse in the 6th game of the 2nd set.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    I had Federer vs Djokovic.

Still, 2 of my 5 favourate players in the final and a great match (Federer, Nadal, Del Potro, Tomic, Raonic).

Means a lot to Nadal does this, i think he came in just wanting the match practice but really wanted it after a few matches.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cant stop lauging we've separated from federer and now finally have more masters then federer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nonetheless, Rafa isn't playing in Miami, guess he doesn't want to risk it with too much hard court play.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that was necessarily Rafa's greatest test, though. He faced his pigeons all the way to the final with the exception of Gulbis. Obviously it was a great achievement but it was helped by an excellent draw. Roland Garros might not be so easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Rafa hahahahaha
    knew you'd be happy :rolleyes:

(Original post by Krish4791)
    It's such a shame - it really should have come today, but he had a fatal lapse in the 6th game of the 2nd set.
    I think the last 2 matches just caught up with him!

ReputationRep:
    God rafa can now get a huge streak going am saying he will break bjorn borg streak of 49 wins all surfaces

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rafa! Magnificent way to take the Masters record, 600th win and no.4. Inconceivable 3 weeks ago that he'd be holding the trophy at a hard court Masters but he's just played incredibly this week.

Still hope Delpo isn't too downbeat about his loss, he played 3 amazing matches in a row and took out the world no.1. If it weren't for Rafa's comeback his performance in this tournament would have been every bit as brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    its hard on del potro being ranked outside the top 4, it means he has to go through 3 of them win anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    God rafa can now get a huge streak going am saying he will break bjorn borg streak of 49 wins all surfaces

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good feeling, eh? Well, congratulations to Rafa - it's time for him and his fans to celebrate for now

ReputationRep:
    Before rafa career is over he will have more then 30 masters 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.