Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yes it is. Lets see if Nadal can tie Nole on 5 masters in a year and 6 finals.
    So he needs to win 2 more out of Toronto, Cincinnati, Shanghai and Paris I believe if he is to tie that record.

Can probably rule out Cincinnati - he's not had any success there. Federer, Murray and Djokovic pretty much control those ultra fast courts. Toronto and Shanghai are probably his best bets. He's won Toronto before and reached the final in Shanghai - needs to watch out for Murray/Djokovic though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    So he needs to win 2 more out of Toronto, Cincinnati, Shanghai and Paris I believe if he is to tie that record.

Can probably rule out Cincinnati - he's not had any success there. Federer, Murray and Djokovic pretty much control those ultra fast courts. Toronto and Shanghai are probably his best bets. He's won Toronto before and reached the final in Shanghai - needs to watch out for Murray/Djokovic though
    Am sure he can make another 2 masters finals dont know about winning, that remains to be seen. Also if Murray drops out of the french then will it be nadal vs djoker semi and nadal vs federer final is it possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Am sure he can make another 2 masters finals dont know about winning, that remains to be seen. Also if Murray drops out of the french then will it be nadal vs djoker semi and nadal vs federer final is it possible?
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    :yes:
    I want Rafa and Nole final nevertheless fed vs nadal should be a good match this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I want Rafa and Nole final nevertheless fed vs nadal should be a good match this time.
    I also want a rematch of the final last year as Nole definitely has the best chance of beating Rafa at RG than anyone else & feel it would be a good match to watch, Fed just seems to have some sort of mental block against him.

ReputationRep:
    whos your favourite for the french open

ReputationRep:
    I also want a rematch of the final last year as Nole definitely has the best chance of beating Rafa at RG than anyone else & feel it would be a good match to watch, Fed just seems to have some sort of mental block against him.
    Lets hope murray does play RG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Lets hope murray does play RG
    I don't think he will though tbh, clay is obviously his weakest surface & his mother has already said that he will prioritise Wimbledon over that, he could realistically get to like the QFs again but I very much doubt he has a chance of winning it so might as well rest to give the injury some time to heal. Still lots to look forward to though, all gets started on Sunday

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he will though tbh, clay is obviously his weakest surface & his mother has already said that he will prioritise Wimbledon over that, he could realistically get to like the QFs again but I very much doubt he has a chance of winning it so might as well rest to give the injury some time to heal. Still lots to look forward to though, all gets started on Sunday
    Alright my predictions if Nadal's Playing like he did in 2012 he will beat djoker in 3 but if hes not playing his best probably go to 4/5 set epic semi final and rafa to make it 20-15. Since 2011 its 8-3 Favoring Nole.Nole has figured out a major flaw in Rafa's game and taken advantage of it. I hopw Rafa changes this rivalry drastically back in his favor, Noles domination must come to an end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Alright my predictions if Nadal's Playing like he did in 2012 he will beat djoker in 3 but if hes not playing his best probably go to 4/5 set epic semi final and rafa to make it 20-15. Since 2011 its 8-3 Favoring Nole.Nole has figured out a major flaw in Rafa's game and taken advantage of it. I hopw Rafa changes this rivalry drastically back in his favor, Noles domination must come to an end.
    Novak will be very determined to win RG so sheer will itself could make it last at least 4 sets. I think most players are aware of Rafa's flaw in his game plan but they just cannot exploit the flaw - only Djoko has been able to do so effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Novak will be very determined to win RG so sheer will itself could make it last at least 4 sets. I think most players are aware of Rafa's flaw in his game plan but they just cannot exploit the flaw - only Djoko has been able to do so effectively.
    True If I could speak to Nadal for couple of minutes I would definitietly speak to him about his backhand and staying meters behind the baseline. What advice would you give him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    True If I could speak to Nadal for couple of minutes I would definitietly speak to him about his backhand and staying meters behind the baseline. What advice would you give him?
    I'd probs say he should take the ball a little bit earlier, especially on hard courts and especially on 2nd serve returns. The other thing would be to vary his serve, maybe add a little more power to it as it has not been particularly effective since 2010, and the main problem is that Djokovic is currently the best returner in the game. I agree with the standing behind the baseline too.

Otherwise, he's playing fine - no point giving advice to the King of Clay about how to play on clay

ReputationRep:
    I'd probs say he should take the ball a little bit earlier, especially on hard courts and especially on 2nd serve returns. The other thing would be to vary his serve, maybe add a little more power to it as it has not been particularly effective since 2010, and the main problem is that Djokovic is currently the best returner in the game. I agree with the standing behind the baseline too.

Otherwise, he's playing fine - no point giving advice to the King of Clay about how to play on clay
    Aye talking about his gameplay against novak overall not just clay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    What advice would you give him?
    I'd purposely give him wrong advice so he'll lose to murray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I'd purposely give him wrong advice so he'll lose to murray
    Just out interest what would that be?... Never serve higher then 100mph?
    Murray should hire Toni Nadal as his coach as Toni is the greatest clay coach ever!! Hail TONI NADAL!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Just out interest what would that be?... Never serve higher then 100mph?
    Murray should hire Toni Nadal as his coach as Toni is the greatest clay coach ever!! Hail TONI NADAL!!!
    Toni Nadal also coaches Nadal from the stands. And he never changes his damned Iberostar hat.

ReputationRep:
    This is a very interesting take on the Rome final: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...rer-Nadal.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    This is a very interesting take on the Rome final: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...rer-Nadal.aspx
    Yeah, it's weird reading that. Makes it sound like Federer was doing okay, but the scoreline suggests otherwise. Here's hoping this game-plan improves at RG, if he faces Nadal. Obviously Nadal is the overwhelming favourite still..

ReputationRep:
    Love this group

ReputationRep:
    I normally am taken as a Basketball and Football player but...

I recently just started playing Tennis and I love it so far! It's absolute fun to play with my friend who also just started playing Tennis with me!

I used to watch quite a lot of Tennis before when I was around 10 years old....But I'm 15 now and I want to watch Tennis again! >.<
    Anyone know where I can find fixtures for Tennis matches to watch on TV ? >.<

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.