Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What would you do with £100,000 pounds a year for life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    Would you be greedy and try to use it to try to earn even more money?
    That's not called being greedy, that's called being wise

If I had so much money, there's no way I would end up getting bored, there's way too much fun to be had. Firstly I could set up a snooker & pool room in my house, for me that's boredom killed right there.
    Not to mention you could go on a fun holiday whenever you felt the need.

I'd also donate to charity regularly, would bring me a lot of happiness to know I'm doing someone a favour without adversely affecting my own wellbeing... hopefully that doesn't come across the wrong way :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a holiday or 3. Havent had one since 2010.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Definitely help the poor, make a difference

ReputationRep:
    I will have a takeaway every single night....nomnomnom

ReputationRep:
    Helping Science does seem like a tempting option but then again, I don't have enough scientific knowledge to do that kind of stuff. I'd probably end up enjoying life more by going on holidays and stuff, and helping disadvantaged people I meet on the way.

ReputationRep:
    Other than living happily ever after? :rolleyes:
    -Study at uni.
    -Read a lot.
    -See the world/travel.
    -Donate intermittenly.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm still at uni, I'd be having quite some fun..
    I'd save and invest, and treat my family..

I'd also get a pilots licence and fly places in my little plane

ReputationRep:
    Put it all on black.

ReputationRep:
    Use it to build my own lab, to make me money as It woud make life boring part of the fun not making the money and the satisfaction in knowing you did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I will have a takeaway every single night....nomnomnom
    Could be some flippin expensive takeaways - tandoori quail and caviar masala with king prawn and extra saffron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Could be some flippin expensive takeaways - tandoori quail and caviar masala with king prawn and extra saffron.
    maybe some sides as well then?

ReputationRep:
    Give half to my mum (she needs it more than anyone else I know without a doubt, for legitimate reasons). The rest I would use to travel the world, do art, do science... everything I can think of doing. Anything that's left would go for charity (which would probably be more than 20,000)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    maybe some sides as well then?
    A Bengal Tiger poori with a gold-dusted naan bread rollover.

ReputationRep:
    I'd continue life as normal, except that I'd be able to indulge myself in spontaneous buys, such as travelling etc. I'd still want to pursue a career, and it'd probably a lot less stressful doing so knowing that money isn't the reason for the job. I highly doubt I'd go mental and buy a stupidly sized house or sports cars.

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep for a week.

ReputationRep:
    £100,000 in a year isn't really much, I intend on earning more than than alone.

ReputationRep:
    I would use it to set up the two charity ideas I'm interested in. I need startup cash and this would be perfect.

I'd buy myself a flat so I didn't have to waste money on rent or mortgage, and would carry on with my writing to pay the bills because I genuinely love it.

Then again I'd probably end up just sitting at home surfing the internet. Maybe I'd get myself a job in a coffee shop so I wouldn't be bored.
    Really? money is wasted on people like you isn't it? you would have virtually limitless opportunities with that money and you'd most likely surf the web and get a job in a coffee shop?

ReputationRep:
    A ferrari would be nice

ReputationRep:
    If you had £100,000 a year for life without having to work what would you do with all your free time? I think life would be pretty boring.

Would you be greedy and try to use it to try to earn even more money?

Would you dedicate your life to science or the arts to try and make a contribution that way?

Would you go around helping the poor?

Would you invest it in trying to become a famous celebrity?

I think I might spend my time creating things like art and films and stuff. Then again I'd probably end up just sitting at home surfing the internet. Maybe I'd get myself a job in a coffee shop so I wouldn't be bored.
    I would want to use it to travel the world, and write things about my experiences like a book or a diary and the people I meet and travel, because it would be an amazing life as I'd get to go on one big adventure, and then people would be able to read about me, my thoughts and feelings and friends or foes for when I pass. I'd also donate a some of the money to different charities and the poor or unfortunate people or animals and maybe visit them as it would probably be an eye opening experience or maybe some to medical centres as I really appreciate how hard they work for us. I'd probably by a pet too, maybe a cat, but not like a small dog maybe a wolf dog hybrid (bit extreme ik) I'd also study a lot about the world, such as the history, or types of flowers etc. It would be a really free experience. I would also love to own a ship or yatch. It would be nice to travel the sea safely, but idek if I would get sea sick.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.